Thread: If in doubt ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first step is already flawed.

If I could imagine something that would change my view on the subject, why should I have a discussion in the first place? I would just logically weight the possible options against each other.

The problem with that thing is that it could be considered a rant already since it contradicts almost anything people are learning from boards such as this one. Tell your opinion, make it look like it's a well known fact, if in doubt go nerd rage or quit and leave all those unlucky basterds who are still arguing to the next zombie apocalypse. This is how things are done in the internet.

Also, in theory hundreds or thousands of people might be trying to reply to the same topic at the same time, how should a "real" discussion even come to take place? Dear sirs, would thou kindly queue up and wait for my humble self to reply before thou share thy contributions with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    If I could imagine something that would change my view on the subject, why should I have a discussion in the first place? I would just logically weight the possible options against each other.
    There might be things you didn't consider for various reasons. Almost no topic is entirely thought through to the end, this is why people have discussions, this is how things are progressed. If in this world there were only obvious facts set in stone forever we wouldn't even need the term.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2012-07-14 at 12:36 PM.

When in doubt, pinky out.

I will give you a hint when it comes to tests with multiple choice: When in doubt, charlie out. As in, if you don't know the answer, choose C.

The first step is already flawed.

It's not imagining the thing that would change your view. It's imagining the possibility that something could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    It's not imagining the thing that would change your view. It's imagining the possibility that something could.
    Then the first step is worded quite badly.

Then the first step is worded quite badly.
    Yup, quite right.