Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Blizzard says your wrong. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment

-The item level is determined by the Act
    -The amount of affixes and the amount of Rares are determined by MF.
    Yeah, that is why so many people say farming act 1 is more efficient. You can do it fast with alot of MF therefore you can find better items faster since a well rolled 61 can be better than a badly rolled 63.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    Yeah, that is why so many people say farming act 1 is more efficient. You can do it fast with alot of MF therefore you can find better items faster since a well rolled 61 can be better than a badly rolled 63.
    ACT1 is walk in the park, ACT2 with all magic find gear is hard and you can get killed in few seconds. I tried that gear swap but 30% of the time my stacks reseted since my talent bar got changed, for no reason my berserker got removed and stacks removed when I swapped gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    MF has no impact on the item level of the drops, only quality.

Edit: It's explained in detail at the bottom of this article.
    You clearly misunderstood me. I was purely talking quantity of ilvl 63's, I'm well aware it doesn't increase the itemlevel of the drops, but it does increase the amount the highest itemlevels drop, as described in my post.

Deleted
    I have a similar question.

Is it better to do quick, easy runs of Act 1 or longer runs of Act 2?

Because I can do a run of Act 1 in about 30 min, and gain like 100k gold and some good items (if lucky)
    But Act 2 has more high level items, but the run takes much longer (over 1 hour) and I make less than 100k.

I've heard that Act 3 has better farming spots, more in line with Act 1 so of course I want to go there. But my gear isn't up for it yet.
    I'm stuck with this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    You clearly misunderstood me. I was purely talking quantity of ilvl 63's, I'm well aware it doesn't increase the itemlevel of the drops, but it does increase the amount the highest itemlevels drop, as described in my post.
    It doesn't though, Act 1 will drop 4% i-lvl 63, Act 2 will have 12% i-lvl 63 drops no matter what MF you have, go read the article I linked it's Blizzard explaining how it works.

Edit: Woot 1500 posts :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    It doesn't though, Act 1 will drop 4% i-lvl 63, Act 2 will have 12% i-lvl 63 drops no matter what MF you have, go read the article I linked it's Blizzard explaining how it works.

Edit: Woot 1500 posts :P
    D'oh I even read that last night, my apologies I'm talking out of my arse. Somehow got it stuck inside my head so bad that MF increases drops overall.

EDITED OUT; Counting to the woods again.
    Last edited by mmoc68224f08ff; 2012-07-15 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Anyone else have any advice? Facerolling Act 1 with 285 MF% or Act 3 with just NV stacks?
    Technically, you're better off doing 1 with 285 than you are act 3 with no additional MF gear. Your chance of finding 63's is actually slightly higher.

edit: The wording of the Blizzard article is interesting, as they stay away completely from saying ilvl, and instead go with how many bonuses an item can have.

You're probably still better off on a 63 per hour basis with act 1.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2012-07-15 at 02:53 PM.

I personally would go Act 1 with the MF gear. You get NV + MF, kill em faster, and die less. Although the drop rates might lower, the MF and NV make up for it. Plus, since you're rolling through the acts barely dying... you'll prolly get better gear per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    ACT1 is walk in the park, ACT2 with all magic find gear is hard and you can get killed in few seconds. I tried that gear swap but 30% of the time my stacks reseted since my talent bar got changed, for no reason my berserker got removed and stacks removed when I swapped gear.
    Turn off elective mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Turn off elective mode.
    Will that solve the issue?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of weapons, you can roll some pretty awesome 61/62 items.

168 str, 88 vit, 58 ares, +136 armor, and 3% Revenge crit level 61 belt says hello. Sure, there are better, but this is a damn fine belt for its level. It's just a matter of luck but you can increase your luck through speed/efficiency and if you can clear A1 two times with mf gear before clearing A3 or if you can't do all of A3, I'd stick with A1.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Blizzard says your wrong. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment

-The item level is determined by the Act
    -The amount of affixes and the amount of Rares are determined by MF.
    Thank you for the link. I only just now saw it in another MF thread on the official forums. I stand corrected. It's also a pretty bad design since it actually encourages the behaviour Blizzard supposedly is worried about (gear swapping).

Hey, I don't mind being wrong as long as I learn something from it!

Edit: And now I feel even more like a dufus (and rightfully so), since this very thing was linked in this thread before your post, and I didn't click it. Hell, I didn't even hover over the link, which would have told me it was from the Blizzard game guide.

/BaseballParkFoamHandSizedFACEPALM
    Last edited by Squishy Tia; 2012-07-16 at 03:48 AM.

ACT1 is walk in the park, ACT2 with all magic find gear is hard and you can get killed in few seconds.
    I was able to farm up to Maghda killing every elite I came across with only a little trouble with certain things. Also went in all the little caves and such and kill her with 5 stacks in my MF set but it only gives me 275 with 5 stacks. I didnt really notice much of a difference from Act 1 except some affixes were a little harder. Some packs were impossible as a melee wiz like shielding wasps...well any wasp packs were a waste of time because it took me forever to kill them. But I swear every pack I got was either shielding or invuln minions with arcane, waller, and molten. I ended up paying 150k in repairs and all of my 63s were crap.

Just gonna stick to Act 1 and do Butcher runs which are a joke. Id rather watch TV while I farm than actually have to pay attention. Also just wondering is it even possible to easily farm Act 3 in MF gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I was able to farm up to Maghda killing every elite I came across with only a little trouble with certain things. Also went in all the little caves and such and kill her with 5 stacks in my MF set but it only gives me 275 with 5 stacks. I didnt really notice much of a difference from Act 1 except some affixes were a little harder. Some packs were impossible as a melee wiz like shielding wasps...well any wasp packs were a waste of time because it took me forever to kill them. But I swear every pack I got was either shielding or invuln minions with arcane, waller, and molten. I ended up paying 150k in repairs and all of my 63s were crap.

Just gonna stick to Act 1 and do Butcher runs which are a joke. Id rather watch TV while I farm than actually have to pay attention. Also just wondering is it even possible to easily farm Act 3 in MF gear?
    I farmed for 2 hours today act 2 without MF gear. Did it 2 times ( only ) but I started from Zoltun tunnel and cleared left and right portals, then desolate sands ( i think thats the name ) are with 3 caves and large area with few elite packs. In total some 30 elite packs + 2 bosses. Didnt got anything worth over 100K so i sold everything to vendor. Also i noticed i got some 2-3x less blue items then the day before, did they changed something?

Deleted
    Will that solve the issue?
    Turning off elective mode = Locking the action bars. So it will solve the problem where you accidentally remove your NV stacks because you (re)moved an ability by mistake. Swapping gear has no effect on the stacks.

Just ran Act 1 took about a little over an hour and I filled a page and half of stash and about 50% of it was 62s and 63s. Thats with 275 MF with 5 stacks and Templar. Im sure I could get to 300 MF but it would cost me a ton of gold and I dont think another 25 MF would really make much of a difference compared to what I would have to pay for it.

Did most of it suck? Yea including all 6 of the level 63 weapons I got. But I also got a pair of gloves with 292 Dex, 97 vit, and 185 armor. Never seen a stat that high figure its gotta be worth a mil or two. Just wish it had crit since missing either crit damage or crit chance and also resists kind of makes it worthless filler that just happened to roll a high stat and crap everything else

I see no point in ever stepping foot outside of Act 1 unless my gear is to the point where I can farm Act 3 faster than 4 Kripps tornadoing all at once.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-07-19 at 02:57 AM.