Poll: Have you ever been arrested?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Have you ever been arrested?

Yes, I was at a friends house having a couple beers and a steak dinner. I decided to drive home because I felt fine and I didn't drink much. I drove back to my dorm at like 1 am and a university police officer pulled me over because I was speeding. He asked me if I had anything to drink and I said yes. I told him I only had a couple beers. He gave a me a breathalyzer test and told me I failed, handcuffed me and threw me in jail for the night.

To keep it short, I fought it and won. Apparently there wasn't enough alcohol content in my blood system when they booked me and I opted for a blood test instead of another breathalyzer. hehe. Anyway, I showed that piece of crap university cop. =P

My first arrest was from a similar incident. I got drunk and wanted to leave a club, but my friends weren't ready to go, so they told me to go sleep in the back of the Xterra. I went and laid down, and woke up in a jail cell. Apparently my friends got super drunk, and tried to drink and drive and got pulled over for a DUI while I was passed out in the car. I was booked for Pub. Intox but don't remember any of it.

I don't think I've ever been drunk to the point that I can't remember anything. I've been pretty damn drunk a few times and I've always remembered the previous night. I never even thought that was possible.

Yeh you sure showed them, if only you had hit and killed someone and got away with that too, stick it to the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    Yeh you sure showed them, if only you had hit and killed someone and got away with that too, stick it to the man!
    Well, according to the judge who apparently has more knowledge than you on the topic of alcohol content and drunk driving, decided I wasn't endangering anyone. So, yea, I did show that cop.

Deleted
    Yes, Illegally. Police arrested me on my description alone, roughed me up and locked me in the cells for the night without letting me call my Barrister. If the dickheads had checked my ID in my wallet they would have saved themselves the shit storm that followed.

I don't care what any judge say. But the fact that you have been drinking and then went out driving show that you are an idiot. Your judgement could have been wrong. Honestly I hope people like you end up rotting in jail one day, before killing someone innocent.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 12:26 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    I don't care what any judge say. But the fact that you have been drinking and then went out driving show that you are an idiot. Your judgement could have been wrong. Honestly I hope people like you end up rotting in jail one day, before killing someone innocent.
    He had two beers.....are you joking? or are you someone who never drinks and hates everyone who does. Get over yourself. There's a reason there's a LEGAL limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 24 years old. My boyfriend and I had been out celebrating a promotion. I had become the youngest executive in the company's history. I had a margarita the size of my head and it had a couple of Coronas tipped in. On the way home, he started bitching about his cat. I forget what I had done or forgotten to do regarding the cat, but I hated that fucking thing.

It had to be the dumbest cat ever put on Earth. She would sniff burning candles and burn her whiskers off; she would sit in the litter box but hang her asshole over the edge and shit on the floor; she would whine for table scraps and then refuse to eat them and whine more like there was some imaginary smorgasbord we weren't offering her. I hated the cat.

Long story short, I was drunk and now pissed and we were fighting. So I sped through a red light to prove a point about something (who knows what, now), only thing is, it was a 3-way intersection and I sped right into the side of a hill. We were both mildly injured. But I ended up being arrested, with 4 broken ribs, for DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikV55 View Post
    ---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 12:26 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

He had two beers.....are you joking? or are you someone who never drinks and hates everyone who does. Get over yourself. There's a reason there's a LEGAL limit.
    University law enforcement tend to be over aggressive too. I've noticed anyway from my own University.

yeah it was kind of a weekly thing for me to get brought home by the cops when i was a teenager. thank god i grew out of that phase.

Deleted
    He has a bit of an extreme view but it doesn't change the fact there should be no legal limit at all. Different people have different reactions. My mate was in a car with his mum who'd had a large glass of wine (that 2 units? same as 2 beers) and she swerved off the road trying not to hit a dog. It could have happened without the alcohol of course, but there's no denying it slows down reactions and clouds your judgement. There could easily have been a bystander caught up in that, and it's lucky no-one inside the car was injured.

So yeah. People also tend to overestimate how much they can actually handle, if I had £1 everytime one of my friends bragged about how much they could drink, then I found them ouside throwing up and slurring, I'd be £23 richer!

Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    Not even the most alchohol intolerant person in the world can get wasted just by drinking 2 beers.

I'm not stupid enough to ever get arrested.

Although I was threatened to be arrested by a cop for trying to drive home once.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, arrested in London many moons ago, suspicion of IRA membership was the charge. Roughed up a bit, shouted at and not let sleep much, didn't get to see any legal advisor either. Held for ten days and then released without charge.
    Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyseas View Post
    Not even the most alchohol intolerant person in the world can get wasted just by drinking 2 beers.
    And if they can, they should not even be drinking at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I'm not stupid enough to ever get arrested.
    Don't need to do anything stupid to get arrested, if fact in some cases you don't need to do anything at all.
    Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyseas View Post
    You don't have to be "wasted" to have decreased reaction time.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadil View Post
    Don't need to do anything stupid to get arrested, if fact in some cases you don't need to do anything at all.
    Well the police can't just arrest you, they have to have a charge, at least in the US, so yeah I'm not stupid enough to let a fucking pig arrest me for no reason, and I'm not going to put my self in a situation where I could get arrested.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

No I have not been arrested but after hearing some of your stories it's had me worried.

If I were arrested I wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do in terms of legal representation, I wouldn't even know were to look. I'd probably be going to jail for a long time haha.