Poll: Have you ever been arrested?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I find this interesting that it morphed into a military discussion.

And my comment about most cops where I'm from being ex-military was ignored.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Pretty sure I have a few pre-existing conditions that make me unqualified. Also even with DADT repealed, transgender individuals can't serve. :/
    Shame, I am queer myself and am serving, I sympathise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yeah, we hate the fuckers too, arrogant pricks. I once had an unpleasant experience with the paras.....
    Para officer: "want something to show off with?"
    Me:"like what?"
    Para:"A real para beret, hardest thing to earn in the army, only £500"
    me"want to swap for my Submarine Dolphins, something you will never earn in the army?"

The fucker kicked off and was arrested, bunch of pricks. My Father is ex SBS and he rages when I mention the paras, don't blame him.
    Buy your old man a "wet" on my behalf!!

I've got more dits about the Paras than blisters on my feet... Suffice to say, when I was considering a career in the Armed Forces 2 ex-Paras both said "If I'd done it again I'd have joined the Marines" and every Para I've met since has backed that fact up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Shame, I am queer myself and am serving, I sympathise.
    Thanks, mate. I'm remaining hopeful that the US pulls its shit together on the issue.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Thanks, mate. I'm remaining hopeful that the US pulls its shit together on the issue.
    I'm with you, and I promise I'll never vote for any politician who thinks LGBT(whatever-set-of-letters) people can't serve and defend the United States.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, too much of a pussy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm with you, and I promise I'll never vote for any politician who thinks LGBT(whatever-set-of-letters) people can't serve and defend the United States.
    You, sir, need to stop being an incredible human being.

And good lord this is getting off-topic. >_>
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I know which part you're talking about, I think.

To me, it seemed more like the cops were defending their people and the neighborhoods they lived in, rather than enforcing the law. Which is a fine thing, maybe.
    To me a cop should do his job, not go looking for work if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Are you fleeing in a car? Your license plate just got put into a national ID system, as the minute a cruiser with the scanners on it drives by you, you're going to get picked up, unless you want to flee again, but they would probably just call in a helicopter this time, you're a wanted felon now.

Are you fleeing on a motorcycle? I hope your wearing your gear and have the riding skills of a Moto GP racer, because odds are, you'll wind up dead.

Are you fleeing on foot? Can't outrun a car.

Are you saying you can't get away from the cops? OH MY GOD I LOL'D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    Last edited by Sunix; 2012-07-13 at 12:29 AM. Reason: forgot qoute

10+ Year Old Account
    While I was in the Navy, (stationed in a unit integrated with the Marine Corps) we were playing with airsoft rifles in a guys back yard, on base housing. Everything was cool, the MPs even stopped to see what we were doing, told us to have fun, s'all good. Well, some of the guys from our sister shop decided to climb into a car, and pull a drive by on us. We all thought the same thing "Oh hell no". Everyone raced back to their homes, grabbed gear (im talking kevlar helments, flak vests, camo, the whole 9 yards) Me being a sailor, had a motley assortment of stuff I had picked up from yard sales and flea markets, but a full working combat uniform none the less). We rolled up to the drive by drivers house at around midnight. The insertion was superb. Our driver had killed the lights and engine 3 houses back, and quietly rolled to a stop. I hopped out of the front seat, opened the side door to his van, and started directing people out. Left, right, left, right, etc. Within about 10 seconds, every door to the guys house was covered by 2-3 plastic rifles. Our Sgt that was with us, rushed up, kicked on the door a couple times, then raced back and dove into the bushes. We hear the electric motor of an airsoft gun fire off a round or two, from inside the house, presumably to check the batteries.. Thats when the guys neighbor finally came off his porch, flipping the fuck out. (His neighbor was a drill instructor, as the area we were in consisted of a Marine Corps Air Station, and Paris Island, where Marines go to boot camp). Well, we didn't want any trouble, so we immediately packed up and left. Unfortunately, our driver was unmarried, and thus didn't live in base housing.. in other words, he didn't know his way around. So after one too many people shouted directions to him, he ended up taking one too many lefts, and we were right back on the same street. Except this time, the base police had 2 cars there. The dumb a-hole neighbor, had made up some bs story about how we had actually assault rifles, and were trying to storm this guys house. The base police drew hand guns on us, forced the vehicle to stop, made us all get out on the curb face down, and lined up the plastic TOY rifles on the sidewalk like it was a legit crime scene. We were cuffed, crammed into squad cars, and taken 3 miles to the airbase where we worked. It was now about 1am.

Thankfully, one of our Sgts knew the Ssgt on duty, who picked us up from the station. There were never any charges brought against us, but the base police still had to respond to the complaint none the less.

To top it off, I knocked out 3 life goal that weekend. I got arrested, I got away with it, and within 24 hours, I was on the USS Enterprise out of Norfolk, VA, in intercoastal waters (i.e. "fled the country" lol) I was slated to leave that day for a month long work up on the ship, so the Marines figured we'd all get together before I left. Thankfully, I think our only saving grace, was that we made anyone who had been drinking, stay behind instead of going over to ol' boys house all SWAT style. Good times.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunix View Post
    Are you saying you can't get away from the cops? OH MY GOD I LOL'D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    By all means show us your wisdom if you think you CAN get away from the cops.

I have been arrested a few times. That doesn't matter as I was not convicted of any charges. It has probably been around five years since my last arrest.

You, sir, need to stop being an incredible human being.
    Meh, I'm a terrible human being.

For example, I often see it typed as GBLT. And I think that would be a Giant BLT sandwich. Nom, Bacon Lettuce Tomato.

Now I'm about to...

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    To me a cop should do his job, not go looking for work if you know what I mean.
    As a "law-abiding" citizen and productive member of the community, a cop should protect me from criminals. That's his or her job. I'm just saying they were particularly "good" at it in NYC. "Good" meaning "law-abiding" people like myself went unnoticed, unless we were being harmful to the community.

Nope. I intend on keeping it that way.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odyseas View Post
    Not even the most alchohol intolerant person in the world can get wasted just by drinking 2 beers.
    You would be surprised..... I met few people who get drunk off half bottle of beer every time. Also which beer are you talking about ? the .05% one or the 18% one ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    You would be surprised..... I met few people who get drunk off half bottle of beer every time. Also which beer are you talking about ? the .05% one or the 18% one ?
    Off Topic 1:It never mattered how much I drank, when I did drink. 2 beers into it, I was fuggin buzzed as all hell. I have an extremely low drug and alcohol tolerance. Genetics I guess.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 09:34 PM ----------

Pretty sure I have a few pre-existing conditions that make me unqualified. Also even with DADT repealed, transgender individuals can't serve. :/
    Off Topic 2: Really now? I never knew they wouldn't let someone like that in. I do suppose though, eye brows would raise once it came time for showers in boot camp. Other than that potential fiasco (not on your part mind you, but you know how people can be...) I can't see why they would deny you.

Right now is a shit time to join anyhow though. Good ol' Democratic capitol hill and its budget cuts. a friend was denied enlistment, on the grounds he had "too many dependants"... he had a wife and 2 kids.
    Last edited by Orodoth; 2012-07-13 at 01:35 AM.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Deleted
    I got rugby tackled in the back by the police because I accidentally flicked a cigarette on a police car.

Never,they to scared to take me

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.
    10chars

Been arrested more times than I care to say and have spent in excess of 3 years incarcerated as both a juvenile and a young adult!(Over 10 years ago.) Not at all happy about it, or proud of it but, learned valuable life lessons as well as the fact I never want to sacrifice my freedom for poor choices.

In a fraction of a second one can end up in a compromising situation simply by being in the company of idiots. You can be found guilty of a crime solely by the company you keep!