Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I would like to have a kid, but getting married seems to have less and less meaning these days, so that isnt really important to me.

I want to marry my girlfriend when we are abit older, live together, have children etc.
    I want a family, I want a life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to but I am unable to. Being in the military makes it very hard to hold on to any type of stable relationship. And considering the military divorce rate is upwards of 75% coupled with back to back to back deployments, it's just to hard to commit or find someone to commit to that lifestyle.
    I like waffles!

There's nothing wrong with not wanting marriage/kids, plenty of successful and brilliant people don't. Plus it's never really too late, can always adopt if you change your mind in your twilight years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, don't want to get married because I just can't see myself being forced to be tied down with one single person. Kids for me is totally out of the question as well, i'm actually contemplating to get myself snipped in the future to make sure I never slip one past the goalie... LOL

I just want to live alone with a few dogs in peace

Deleted
    Wife... no.
    Kids... maybe... but no ty for now.

Deleted
    Well, firstly I'm gay...

So procreation is not really an option ;-)

I don't know, if would ever marry someone... I'm just too realistic, to think, that a relationship of mine will be able to survive, until I die :-/
    In German there is this lovely term "Lebensabschnittsgefährte", which literally means, that you start out with the premise, that the relationship won't last forever.
    Then you don't have to make promises you can't keep ;-)

I really adore children and if I have a serious relationship and a secured job in like 10 years, I would love to adopt a child and share some of my wealth and love.

Deleted
    Too much experiences to live before considering getting married or having kids for now x)
    And if I have kids, I want to adopt them, I couldn't care less about having blood-related children.

Well then simply don't. It's understandable enough. Parenthood is, from my observations, miserable, and it's not like we need more people in the world, we're overpopulated enough. The main part is dealing with the loneliness. your body doesn't like the idea of growing up without a mate. People said they wouldn't like girls when they were 10 too, hormones can do a lot to modify your position on these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    What? 0.o The thought of a woman loving me and having a lot of children delights me :I
    I hope it happens for you !

Having had criminally bad parents myself, I am in no rush to have my own kids. I would like to have one or two eventually though, but only if I have a force of nature partner, a very stable home and finances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i don't plan on getting married (i can't) and i don't plan to have kids (also.. i can't) but i think you should at less think about getting married... Why? because there will be a moment in your life that it will be hard to find a partner, and is hard to be alone, but you may say... "I can have someone forever and don't get married" but the problems is that your partner will feel less "important" if you don't want to get married, that person will feel that the relationship that he/she have with you is not something special...

Ohhh... well but no... you don't have to worry about not wanting kids... But is not the same when you see a kid that when you see your kid!

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    Well, firstly I'm gay...

So procreation is not really an option ;-)

I don't know, if would ever marry someone... I'm just too realistic, to think, that a relationship of mine will be able to survive, until I die :-/
    In German there is this lovely term "Lebensabschnittsgefährte", which literally means, that you start out with the premise, that the relationship won't last forever.
    Then you don't have to make promises you can't keep ;-)

I really adore children and if I have a serious relationship and a secured job in like 10 years, I would love to adopt a child and share some of my wealth and love.
    well the same for me XD

I want to have at least once child. But I probably never will as long as the main reason for having one is seeing how well I can raise them compared to other parents.

It is so sad to read replies to this thread with the exact opposite philosophy (experiencing bad kids/parents therefore not wanting to be a parent yourself)
    Last edited by BlueGender; 2012-07-16 at 12:03 AM.
    The lips of the righteous shall meditate wisdom, and he shall speak justice.