Poll: Is Romney Lying, or was he just an Absentee Owner with no Management? (Technicality)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    So do you get ALL your political slogans from Facebook "share this" reposts, or just this one?
    oh look, a liberal is deflecting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Stossel said it best mate. "Liberalism is a mental disorder. Fortunately rational thought and looking at the actual facts is a sure fire cure."

For the leftists who will no doubt be spamming report post like rabid dogs, remember that disagreement and quoting of sources that apply to a thread relevantly does not make it trolling, unless your of the mind that all dissenting opinions need to be shut down or shut up (much as Hitler espoused). There is more than just your small opinion, much like there is much more than my own admittedly small knowledge of the matter.

I agree with Sealed Shut completely as well in his assessment, that this thread was created to cater to a specific caste in the political spectrum. B.S.? I cant say that I feel any discussion, even one I may disagree with is wrong, but definitely seems tailored to contrive certain responses, much as CNN does in media.
    Aaaaaaaand Godwin'd.

Thread time of death: 4:17 PM Pacific time, July the 12th 2012
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I didn't read the story, but the buck always stops at CEO.
    If something went down, CEO knew about it, and approved it.
    If a CEO doesn't know about what's going on in his company - he is incompetent, and if that's what it is - you don't want a president like that.
    So whatever went down, he should own up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    oh look, a liberal is deflecting.
    I lol'd at this

Don't necessarily think this is a big deal. There might be one or two other issues that are slightly more important for the nation right now..

Quote Originally Posted by JLima2 View Post
    First, I need to ask a legitimate question: how is it that my post is in any way Biased when I am just asking for peoples opinion on a Boston Globe article that, like any other article, may or may not be 100% accurate? Is asking a question on opinion so leftist? The Boston Globe may not be the end-all-be-all of reporting, but it is no tabloid, and they do have SEC documents attesting to Romney's position at Bain.

Let me show you how this works - I state a story, and state my position. You either like the story, and state yours, or find another substantiating/disproving story and then state yours. Then, at the very end, we all reach some modicum of a agreement. Miniscule, but agreement nonetheless. Is this a biased, leftist idea that I was unaware of? If so, Democrats should definitely claim that they invented it, along with the Internet (humor).

Second, fraudulent SEC filing aside, Romney DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL! He did nothing that no other legitimate and intelligent business man in his position would have done - maximized the profits of your company. What I am saying is that he shouldn't try to lie, because he paints himself into a corner.

And if he didn't lie, the Boston Globe is full of horseshit, and Mitt Romney is the most honest man since Lincoln, well so be it.

Jesus....political CONVERSATIONS derail into political ATTACKS/DISASTERS/CLUSTERFUCKS in 3.2 seconds in this forum....
    You provided a biased story then gave your personal liberal anti-romney opinion about it. You want people to come together after you throw a bomb? Are you just that dense or are you doing your best obama imitation? The whole topic was voided after you admitted being a liberal and posting a liberal link. How about I post a link saying obama likes gay marriage because he is secretly gay? Now, my source will be some right wing anti obama group, but I want your opinion stated, then we can all come together and hold hands and sing Kumbaya

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    You provided a biased story then gave your personal liberal anti-romney opinion about it. You want people to come together after you throw a bomb? Are you just that dense or are you doing your best obama imitation? The whole topic was voided after you admitted being a liberal and posting a liberal link. How about I post a link saying obama likes gay marriage because he is secretly gay? Now, my source will be some right wing anti obama group, but I want your opinion stated, then we can all come together and hold hands and sing Kumbaya
    While I admit that the Boston Globe is liberal, they broke the story at the time of my post, so who else was I to use? Romney's website that said "Um. No." Every source is biased, if you think otherwise you're are just deluding yourself.

And am I not entitled to my opinion as much as you are yours? I'm a person, not a robot.

If this magical GayBama story existed, you'd post, I'd say "Erm, you're wrong, because of this" then move on with my life. Not attack you for your own opinions.

But what am I saying, acting like a grown up and not flinging mud when I don't get my way perfectly.

While I admit that the Boston Globe is liberal, they broke the story at the time of my post, so who else was I to use? Romney's website that said "Um. No." Every source is biased, if you think otherwise you're are just deluding yourself.

And am I not entitled to my opinion as much as you are yours? I'm a person, not a robot.

If this magical GayBama story existed, you'd post, I'd say "Erm, you're wrong, because of this" then move on with my life. Not attack you for your own opinions.

But what am I saying, acting like a grown up and not flinging mud when I don't get my way perfectly.
    You said you wanted to find some modicum of agreement. obama said he was going to unite the country. He has made it more partisan then before he was elected, and you think we will all come together in agreement? I am sorry , but you are sadly mistaken. Go look at the republican and democrat discussions at the top. It has devolved into a pissing match because each side so hates the other they could care less what the other says. Nobody talks about the election, just pissing on each other's opinions. BUT, I guess your posting of a liberal story followed by your unbiased liberal opinion will have us come together at the end in agreement.

You said you wanted to find some modicum of agreement. obama said he was going to unite the country. He has made it more partisan then before he was elected, and you think we will all come together in agreement? I am sorry , but you are sadly mistaken. Go look at the republican and democrat discussions at the top. It has devolved into a pissing match because each side so hates the other they could care less what the other says. Nobody talks about the election, just pissing on each other's opinions. BUT, I guess your posting of a liberal story followed by your unbiased liberal opinion will have us come together at the end in agreement.
    Saying Obama had polarized the country is like saying Bush caused the Great Recession - there is a lot more to the story than just the MSNNC/Fox News talking points.

Go look at the republican and democrat discussions at the top. It has devolved into a pissing match because each side so hates the other they could care less what the other says. Nobody talks about the election, just pissing on each other's opinions.
    I disagree with this. There are a select few who spew hatred. I notice a lot of hair splitting and the refusal to concede a point.

We still don't know the whole truth, although that is largely Romney's own fault for not releasing his records. However, it does look pretty bad for him. Is it really plausible that he wasn't actually still in charge despite still being CEO and signing off on things and still flying to attend board meetings?

And didn't he have to claim to be still in charge in those years in order to be qualified to be on the Massachussetts ballot for Governor? It seems like he's trying to have it both ways.

But even if you believe his side of the story that he wasn't making the decisions but that it was his hand-picked board of directors doing all those evil things with his company, it doesn't reflect well on Romney at all. And honestly, it doesn't pass the smell test. Blind trusts of little guys with investments--yeah, they might really be blind. But these big power players? Probably "blind trust" in name only.

Still, best to wait for more facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wthrmn View Post
    I notice a lot of hair splitting and the refusal to concede a point.
    Hence, a pissing match where nobody sees the other side , nor wants to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Corrupt politicians calling other corrupt politicians corrupt. Classic.

Guess we don't need to focus on the real issues anymore, we can just settle for this stuff.
    People haven't listened to the issues for a long time. All they really seem to pay attention to are the smear campaigns... from both sides.

Saying Obama had polarized the country is like saying Bush caused the Great Recession - there is a lot more to the story than just the MSNNC/Fox News talking points.
    So you are saying that the country is less polarized then when obama took office? As an obama supporter i see you not wanting for him to take blame......you are truly a follower. I am an independent, I do not follow talking points. I can ascertain from all the news that the divide in this country is just getting larger. If you think it is not, then we really have nothing to talk about. I use obama because he specifically said he was going to unite the country and he has been doing nothing of the sort. Republicans and democrats are not helping, but he has to shoulder more blame

Factcheck dot org (a non-partisan factchecking organization that calls BS on pretty much everyone) is weighing in for a third time on Romney's side on this issue.

Would post link, but new posters can't do that, it seems.

So you are saying that the country is less polarized then when obama took office? As an obama supporter i see you not wanting for him to take blame......you are truly a follower. I am an independent, I do not follow talking points. I can ascertain from all the news that the divide in this country is just getting larger. If you think it is not, then we really have nothing to talk about. I use obama because he specifically said he was going to unite the country and he has been doing nothing of the sort. Republicans and democrats are not helping, but he has to shoulder more blame
    To be fair, when one side decides that their strategy will be to polarize the country intentionally to hurt the leader, it's pretty disingenuous to then blame the leader for being "polarizing". You're basically blaming the victim here.

As for Romney, apparently he gave sworn testimony previously that he was involved in day-to-day operations of some of the Bain dealings in the time period his campaign now denies. This is not good for him. He's also taking credit for job creation during this time on one hand while denying any involvement with the nasty stuff Bain did on the other hand, so it's him trying to have it both ways to a ridiculous degree.

Of course, the important people--the undecided--probably aren't paying attention, don't know anything about Bain, and will just think it's another he-said, she-said situation as they get confused by the contradictory accusations and will end up ignoring it. Unless, of course, Romney gets criminal charges over false SEC filings, but Republicans have far too much power (and money) to allow that to happen.

LOL, looks like the Globe "broke" this story in 2002, and are now regurgitating it again. What a pathetic joke.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/07...breaking-news/

Quote Originally Posted by PatchworkBBC View Post
    Factcheck dot org (a non-partisan factchecking organization that calls BS on pretty much everyone) is weighing in for a third time on Romney's side on this issue.

Would post link, but new posters can't do that, it seems.
    Thank you sir, only 7 more posts Charlie Potato!

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/romneys...me-conclusion/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Thank you sir, only 7 more posts Charlie Potato!

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/romneys...me-conclusion/
    All I see there is a claim that there is no evidence that Romney was actively running Bain at that time. However, it doesn't seem to address the two OTHER parts: that Romney at times claimed to have still been involved with running things at Bain, and that even if he was not actively running things he is still ultimately responsible for them as sole owner and CEO. And so the original point still stands: it appears that he either lied to get on the ballot in Massachussetts, that he lied in his SEC filings, and/or that he's simply trying to duck responsibility for things that would be negative for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    All I see there is a claim that there is no evidence that Romney was actively running Bain at that time. However, it doesn't seem to address the two OTHER parts: that Romney at times claimed to have still been involved with running things at Bain, and that even if he was not actively running things he is still ultimately responsible for them as sole owner and CEO. And so the original point still stands: it appears that he either lied to get on the ballot in Massachussetts, that he lied in his SEC filings, and/or that he's simply trying to duck responsibility for things that would be negative for him.
    I think it's a mountain out of a molehill, and I sincerely believe the majority of the apathetic public will reach the same conclusion.

Unless additional facts are discovered.