Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Armored White War Tiger Mount

Last edited by mmocfb287b9233; 2012-07-12 at 08:32 PM. Reason: used Tariens image

Not sure if I approve or not, I hate mounts for cash. Anyone have ingame screenshots?

i got the bug for $5. that will be the only mount i pay for in rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Not sure if I approve or not, I hate mounts for cash. Anyone have ingame screenshots?
    I'm in the same boat as the bolded part of your sentence (I don't mind mounts for cash though). I'm fine with them having a cash shop, but things should be very cheap considering we're already paying a subscription. At least it's cheaper than mounts in some other MMO's (WoW, EQ2 and a few others I can think of off the top of my head).

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://content.trionworlds.com//1/IQU/S5I/O53/FYR.png
    https://content.trionworlds.com//1/KZD/0QE/X5W/HYD.png
    https://content.trionworlds.com//1/BG5/N71/4G5/740.png

Not my pictures but they look to be ingame.

As for price it is 14.99 in usd..... And people said WoW was greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as the bolded part of your sentence (I don't mind mounts for cash though). I'm fine with them having a cash shop, but things should be very cheap considering we're already paying a subscription. At least it's cheaper than mounts in some other MMO's (WoW, EQ2 and a few others I can think of off the top of my head).
    *Edit*Nvm I was thinking they sold theirs for $10 for some reason. When they sell for $25
    Shows how much I pay attention

Disclaimer.
    I don't think either company is greedy just saying.......
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-07-12 at 08:13 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I can see them taking a bit of a black eye for this. It's totally a good business move on their part, but it's going to cause a bit of commotion amongst the playerbase. I'm curious as to how this will all play out though.

Well I won't be buying it. They have a yearly recurring sub from me and six Ascend a Friends that all went on to buy the game and subscribed.

Welp hope it was worth it Trion to sell out. There is no denying this is a cash shop. I am no hypocrite and I held Blizzard to the same standard I am holding Trion to. This is blatantly pulling devs from DEVELOPING PAY TO PLAY CONTENT TO MAKE CASH SHOP CONTENT.

Signed a once loyal fan of Trion. Time to find out what GW2 hype is all about. Atleast they do not rip me off with a sub fee + a cash shop

/Puremallace

Deleted
    What if they decide to release the expansion pack for free but have you DECIDE to pay for it by purchasing high polygon/detailed cosmetic stuff like new mounts and pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutless View Post
    What if they decide to release the expansion pack for free but have you DECIDE to pay for it by purchasing high polygon/detailed cosmetic stuff like new mounts and pets?
    I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, can you clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutless View Post
    The two pricing models do not mix. Either you do F2P + cash shop or P2P. In my book you do not get to double dip and rip me off with a monthly sub. This utter bullshit excuse that it speeds up dev content release rates was bull when people claimed for WoW back in Sept 09' and will be bull now because Trion is max'd out of dev pace.

This is clearly the start of a cash shop outright blatantly posted in the face of Rift players when you log into your sub page. This tells me some dev somewhere was taken from making content on this pay to play game and put on making sparkly pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The two pricing models do not mix. Either you do F2P + cash shop or P2P. In my book you do not get to double dip and rip me off with a monthly sub. This utter bullshit excuse that it speeds up dev content release rates was bull when people claimed for WoW back in Sept 09' and will be bull now because Trion is max'd out of dev pace.

This is clearly the start of a cash shop outright blatantly posted in the face of Rift players when you log into your sub page. This tells me some dev somewhere was taken from making content on this pay to play game and put on making sparkly pixels.
    I can understand your frustration; but given Rift's track record as it relates to patches, content, hotfixes, etc.. I'm quite satisfied that this type of thing won't delay the next patch by any quantifiable measure.

Besides, they don't charge for transfers and other services that impact your gaming experience. I'm not at all against this, quite frankly, they need to find a way to compete financially and if the giants are doing this type of "service", making way more money and STILL not matching Rift's update cycle, I'm confident the extra money they get will one way or another will find its way back to the player base.

Um, I don't get your thinking on this.

You unsubbed, whatever. Ragequit over pixels, that makes sense.

Let's think for a second:

1. WoW has a pet store/cash shop
    2. Aion had one, pre-F2P.
    3. TERA has items you can purchase with irl cash.

Most MMOs go this route. Most MMOs have vanity items you have the OPTION to purchase above your subscription. It's a smart idea.

If you're going to ragequit about this, you've got something else going if you go to GW2, you realize their cash shop, at least for GW1, was closer to Pay-to Win with Skill Unlocks?!

Sigh, your choice, but you're going from 'we sell mounts' to 'pay cash to get your skills early.'

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post

Most MMOs go this route. Most MMOs have vanity items you have the OPTION to purchase above your subscription. It's a smart idea.

If you're going to ragequit about this, you've got something else going if you go to GW2, you realize their cash shop, at least for GW1, was closer to Pay-to Win with Skill Unlocks?!

Sigh, your choice, but you're going from 'we sell mounts' to 'pay cash to get your skills early.'
    The pay to play payment MODEL IS DYING for a reason. This concept is not hard. I pay you money and I should get a service. Not be required to pay extra for something that only people with the deepest pockets can afford.

Cash shops + pay to play is the REASON free to play even got a foothold in the United States. Maybe you have not been at this like me, but before Blizzard introduced HEAVY HEAVY cash shops into the genre free to play games were a freaking joke to most people.

You simply cannot double dip. Either the stuff is earned in the game and everyone has a fair shot or the people with the deepest pockets get the nicest items. This is pretty straightforward stuff. Trion has simply sold out.

They will make money off of this and just like every other greedy dev pull more devs to make more cash shop pets. How long until cash shop pets start coming out before content patches? This money from this cash shop is going directly to End of Nations and Defiance I'll bet

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't mean I have to buy one, I honestly hope they sell tons of them. I played Tera and begrudged the fact they charged for a mount since they've not earned that right for the content they've delivered so far and shortly after launch you could also purchase weapon skins. Trion has earned it and I really doubt the development time spent on that mount creation will take anything away from any current or future content releases.

Lets not forget these are the same developers that are working weekends and late hours hammering out game issues after huge patch releases. It is the norm for many MMO's these day don't loose site of that and remember which game developer delivers with customer support and content. I hope GW2 is truly the game and pay model you're searching for.

Trion is still the only developer imo that are still worth a sub atm regardless of sparkle mounts. I can't speak for TSW since that game didn't grab my attention.

Welp hope it was worth it Trion to sell out. There is no denying this is a cash shop. I am no hypocrite and I held Blizzard to the same standard I am holding Trion to. This is blatantly pulling devs from DEVELOPING PAY TO PLAY CONTENT TO MAKE CASH SHOP CONTENT.

Signed a once loyal fan of Trion. Time to find out what GW2 hype is all about. Atleast they do not rip me off with a sub fee + a cash shop

/Puremallace
    Another stupid newbie trying to show knowledge of terms like "cash shop" that they don't understand at all, then slathering it on every convenient topic. See you in the game later, once you figure out how stupid you are by seeing Guild Wars 2's cash shop. It's always funny when someone sees an ancient concept and becomes SHOCKED AND APPALLED by the norm. Oblivious needs a new dictionary entry.

Loyal fan indeed. You haven't played anything long enough to be "loyal" if this is such an affront.

This is your first post here (and it's a bad post at that) so I'll just warn you. Be respectful of other posters. Insulting or demeaning other posts will get you an infraction. -Edge

Cash shops + pay to play is the REASON free to play even got a foothold in the United States.
    Not even remotely close. WoW was the first major P2P MMO to include cash shop purchases as far as I can remember (with mounts/pets) and there were MANY successful F2P games with cash shops around before that.

I do agree that even though it doesn't affect gameplay, I'm not a fan of double dipping between a subscription and a cash shop though. It's kinda an irrational thing on my part, but such as it is.

I imagine that they have a bunch of artists lying about that don't have anything to model right now, and that's where the mount came from. It's not like they are pulling the dev's that create content from anything. Animation is already in for mounts, so that won't need any dev time.

Still not really that happy that they are selling it and for so much, but at the end of the day I am getting a ton of content for my monthly so for now I can look past it.

Should be free for annual subscribers tho

Um... No one is twisting ya'lls arm to buy this stuff. Holy crap, it's like you guys think you are somehow contractually obligated to buy it. I mean holy balls, cut the entitlement crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was supposed to be the 3 year reward which I was fine with...if they keep it as the 3 year reward I would have much less of an issue with this since you're only buying time in that case.

Not planning on getting it anyway