Thread: Spartan race

Deleted

Spartan race

Right,so I'm joining next spartan race sprint that's gonna be 1st september.I'm in quite good shape atm but I want to workout last month and half as hard as possible so I can be happy with my results there.

So I wanted to ask what would be some good exercises to do? Should I start running uphill or focus on endurance(like running the same speed for like 20 mins),Should I do strenght traning aswell?

Any tips appreciated

PS: I apologize for my bad english~

Thanks for all positive and negative replies!

Well you should focus on Running in dirt paths because it's not the same thing as running on the sidewalk. Besides that really, all you need is some cardio and you are set. Except if you are planning to finish first. If that's the case, you need a personal trainer and dedicate your life to it Haha.

I have a friend of mine that is a girl that never really exercised she naturally had some good decent Cardio and finished the race.

It is Intense, but it is not THAT intense.

But again it depends on what race you are talking about, are you talking about the small spartan race or the 24 hour spartan race.

Because that also is something WAY different hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww man, I thought this was going to be a history thread about Sparta.

When i see so many fat ppl race there i vomit in disgust.

Not that i hate fat ppl, but they, like, push other racers to be ahead and such things. I saw 1 guy getting punched in the face by a fatso. He got a bleeding nose and such things.

I thought that is held in Greece at 1st, but i did saw a lot of overweight and "red stripes" Americans. Next thing, my friend says to me that i lost my mind, at that particular time it was held in 'murica.
    Then i realized that it's not so weird that fatsos run a sprint/obstacle marathon and do that ****.

No nation bashing, but i REALLY hate that mentality.

EDIT: Anyway m8, good luck, have fun and be the boss and dominate there!

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Aww man, I thought this was going to be a history thread about Sparta.
    So did I

Would have been better suited in health and fitness.

Train for endurance for obvious reasons and train you legs with weights 1-2 a week. You'll notice a great improvement. Running uphill will also be good to train with. For running overall you want to improve everything, Endurance so you can run longer and strength to make it less of an effort as your legs are stronger.

Deleted
    Wow! Good luck OP, I'll be rooting for you! As for good exercise, I can't really recommend anything and it's not a field where I'm really knowladgeable. (Wow, that made me sound like such a cheeto-stereotype!).

However, I can throw you a few links that might be usefull? (Why did that come out as "I'll just leave you some pamphlets" in my head?)

http://running.about.com/od/racetrai...beforerace.htm
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/s...orExercise.htm
    http://coachjoeenglish.wordpress.com...before-a-race/

Hope they're helpfull! Oh, and also, is'nt there a Sport and Fitness Forum? I think you might find alot more answers checking there ^^

Deleted
    Aaah my bad,didnt notice the Sport and Fitness Forums~

Thanks for all your answers Gonna try some uphill training and than sprints for first 2 weeks and after those I'll start training with ankle weights and maybe a vest

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the Sports and Fitness forums. I'm guessing they can give the best advice..