Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    And that's the thing, she's really not that attractive.
    No, she's not amazing (though I suppose that's all dependent on who you ask), but she's a presentable-looking individual that, with just a modicum of training or talent, wouldn't look out of place doing the job. Unfortunately, she has none of the above; she just has a pretty face.

she used to be kinda cute idk what changed lately =/

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hate gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl gamers myself, but I want to lick her cheek very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuuri View Post
    Wow. That's almost precisely how I feel.

Is there a name for this!?
    I'd say "common sense" but seeing as it's not really common these days I'm not sure. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    because this is the internet and therefore White Knights exist.
    White Knights started annoying the children on the internet and created a new breed of idiot that hasn't been named yet, i call em Blackguards because i played DnD.
    Blackguards are the polar opposite of White Knights, these are the douchebags that hate indiscriminately on women and point out tiny flaws and if anyone counters them, they accuse that person of being a WK. in their mind you're either trying to get into a woman's pants by flattery or you "tell da hard fukkin truff" and rip women apart to try and seem cool. there is not middle ground for those sorts of people.

Pico is a fairly attractive young woman who does a pretty average job of relaying gaming news. because she's not perfect, but cute and good enough to attract WK, these BG feel the desperate need to counter balance the WK by tearing her apart.
    the problem is that WK are purely reaction, by definition. they don't come in "to save the day" unless a woman is being attacked. BG don't feel this same compulsion and tend to make preemptive attacks, making them far more visible.

Epic win.

Why can't I upvote this?

I'd tap dat. Oh that's not what the discussion was about?

Because most gamers are bitter and horrible people.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I think she's super cute. People on the internet just need something to hate.
    Precisely this.

Frankly, I saw more comments when I went to watch the specific video in the OP that were saying how loud the music was. XD
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just think she is f***ing terrible at her job, she really needs some acting lessons and a speech coach. It is quite clear that the only reason she has a job is because she is cute, which really says a lot about how Curse views it's consumers.

And just to be clear, if she were male and were still that bad at her job I would feel the same way, just like I feel about 3/4 of the people on gamebreaker.tv MikeB is the only one that I can even kind of stand that they have working for them.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2012-07-13 at 03:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Kinda hate gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl gamers myself, but I want to lick her cheek very badly.
    How very honest and specific

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Why do people hate her and critique every hand movement she makes?

If you want an idea, check out the comments of the most recent video on youtube, nobody even notices one thing about the actual content: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR3bKbAjURM

For the record, I lover her.
    When she first started, she appeared to be really nervous and inexperienced in front of the camera. Of course, she's gotten a lot better and her reporting is much more natural. I think she's pretty cute, and I'd diddle her peach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Why do people hate her and critique every hand movement she makes?

If you want an idea, check out the comments of the most recent video on youtube, nobody even notices one thing about the actual content: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR3bKbAjURM

For the record, I lover her.
    Never watched any of those Curse videos because I've had women before. There's nothing new or interesting there that I can't read elsewhere.

It does seem like the people in charge of that go out of their way to choose a frame that has that poor girl in the most awkward looking expression they can come up with, though.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I just think she is f***ing terrible at her job, she really needs some acting lessons and a speech coach. It is quite clear that the only reason she has a job is because she is cute, which really says a lot about how Curse views it's consumers.
    It's called knowing your demographic. Riot Games does it, too. It's probably where Curse got the idea from, actually.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    She's cute and well spoken. I'm just not following the curse line.

I'm a Dodger guy

Quote Originally Posted by agathangalos View Post
    Its a cute girl talking about nerdy things, people have to get defensive rather than admit they just watch the videos to gaze longingly at her and listen to her voice but not the words.
    It's the internet. I don't go on the internet to look at B cups!

Besides, if all the pimps I've known have taught me anything the best way to get a girl to do anything for you is to break them down first.

10+ Year Old Account
    She did seem a little strained when she was first doing the videos but I think she has improved and they are getting better. Some people seem to be incapable of getting past their first impressions and just decide to hate something once they see a certain aspect they dislike, and to hell with everything else!
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

I dislike her because her personality is just annoying.

Honestly, the only "internet girl" I've ever liked was Dodger. The rest are just capitalizing on their boobs or irritating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    She's just a cute lass presenting gaming news. What is there to hate?
    You may or may not be irritated by her voice, or find her a bit overly hand-wavey or just simply not like her style. Fair enough. Don't watch the videos she presents, then.

But to take the time to spew vitriolic comments, ranting about how fucking awful she is just laughable, to be quite frank. I did have a giggle at many of those youtube comments. The only thought running through my head was "Get out of the fucking house you mentally challenged hermits."

Almost as amusing are the Knights in shining armour, rushing to defend her honour, and telling people how hurtful and mentally scarring their comments are. I'm sure she doesn't give a flying monkey's left testicle about the comments on youtube.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    There was actually a fairly big Pico thread up earlier, you can find it here. If you read it you'll find that Pico actually has an MMO-Champ acc and she did respond in the thread, unfortunately it got locked due to all the people flaming her looks and the discussions that arose.

Personally I cant see how anyone would find her unattractive, she has that girl next door look which I find very appealing. In my eyes she's a really cute girl, but naturally not everyone is gonna think so. But that's the same in real life, you cant be attracted to everyone.

Personally, I don't really watch her videos or any others of that sort. I listen to the audio while doing something else. She does a good job of summarizing current events, but I have to say, she is difficult to listen to. She doesn't enunciate very well and emphasizes some weird words. While she conveys the info, shes just not a natural public speaker.

Ill also add that I've decided to watch the video you linked. She does have some weird physical mannerisms as well. Nothing terrible, but again, it does come off as a little awkward at times.

So I guess at least from my standpoint I can see where people are coming from. She isn't the best speaker and she's a bit awkward physically. She definitely gets the job done and I guess shes attractive enough to be eye candy to some, but Curse probably could have found someone better.

10+ Year Old Account
    She def looks cute, and her voice is alright, but she still needs a lot of work in the talent department. It's almost as if she was just hired because she was female, cute, and had at least a passing interest in WoW. (Wait, that happens in the entertainment industry?? OMG, ALERT THE PRESSES! lol)

She's certainly not as bad as when she started, but you can still tell she's reading to you rather than talking to you, which is what a broadcaster is supposed to sound like (yes, even though they're still reading). And while gesturing is good when you're in front of the camera (or even just talking to people in general), what she's doing resembles more of an attempt to mask a fidgety compulsion -- watch how her hands come back together in front of her a couple times... it's almost as if she's unsure of what to do with them.

I'm sure she's a great person off-camera, but she's way too green for me in front of one... I can't bear to watch her stuff.
    Last edited by Scratches; 2012-07-13 at 09:26 AM.