Poll: Do you identify or sell ilvl 63 items?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you sell or identify ilvl 63 items?

I've recently taken to selling 63 unid items, (Armour only) as I see it as a more stable source of income. I'm selling archon pieces for 250k+ a pop. Usually it takes me a couple days to farm 1M but now it only takes me a couple hours. I personally identify weapons as I think it's a lot easier to get a weapon that will sell than a piece of armour. I think of it like this, I have 10 lottery tickets, it's already been drawn. Someone offers me £250 a ticket but I can't check them before I sell them of course, I'd take the sell. Just curious what other people do

10+ Year Old Account
    I identify everything I find on the offchance it will be worth quite a bit. Right when I was considering selling a weapon un ID'd, I decided to give it one more chance- ended up finding a weapon that sold on the AH for 102mill.

I ID everything I get but I'm really starting to think about selling unID'd items just for the steady income, I barely make anything with IDing them

My luck isn't the best so far

Deleted
    I always identify everything. Sure most of it is always garbage but you can usually sell less perfect pieces for a little bit of profit. Secondly, nobody has ever offered me any worthy prices for my level 63s. And finally, when that awesome item finally drops, I wanna be there to identify it. I'd be pissed beyond belief if I sold an item worth 100mil to some for peanuts.

Managed to ID some gloves that I sold for 250 euros, so I'll keep on ID'ing.

If I could find anyone to buy them, I'd sell em un-id'ed.

Deleted
    Identify all without any doubt. The ones who buy it offer only 300-500k for them which is nothing while the item can be worth millions or 10s of millions making it actually worth selling.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Identify all without any doubt. The ones who buy it offer only 300-500k for them which is nothing while the item can be worth millions or 10s of millions making it actually worth selling.

If you have someone offering you 500k per un-id'ed 63, the odds are greatly in your favor to sell every single one you find.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use to when I was broke mind you, Now I ID every single one out there. Hell I found some god like chest piece about 15 mins ago and sold it for 60$; Like instantly it was funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If you have someone offering you 500k per un-id'ed 63, the odds are greatly in your favor to sell every single one you find.
    Hehe, I only wish someone came to me with that kind of offers. One guy came to me once, saying he would pay me 250 for any unid 63s and 62 rings. When I asked him to confirm it was 250k gold, and he said no 250g, I almost fell off my chair laughing.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Hehe, I only wish someone came to me with that kind of offers. One guy came to me once, saying he would pay me 250 for any unid 63s and 62 rings. When I asked him to confirm it was 250k gold, and he said no 250g, I almost fell off my chair laughing.
    Least he didn't be a giant [ Bad word here ] and try to scam you

QUIT PUT THAT ITEM IN THE SECOND BOX FOR NO REEEASON ^_6

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Least he didn't be a giant [ Bad word here ] and try to scam you

QUIT PUT THAT ITEM IN THE SECOND BOX FOR NO REEEASON ^_6
    Hehe, aye, those are hilarious

Huh I have been able to sell every 63 un id'd ive found for at least 400K... Have a small stash of armor to try and sell this weekend but I have not figured out what I want to ask for certain slots yet.

To answer the OP's question, I ID slots that I still need a huge upgrade in. 1 handers im in good shape on. Im not in horrid shape with 2handers, or sheilds. What I have thought about (not sure if it would fly) would be to offer an instant buy back of 5-10x's amount spent. Say you buy a pair of boots for 200K from me. Ill stick around, you ID it, and if its better for me I will give you 1mil or 2 mil. Would just depend on the roll of the boots really. Win/win imo... if its not anything for me, but awesome the seller sells it for 100+mil. if its horrid I get 200K out of it. If its an upgrade for me, the initial buyer becomes the seller and makes 5-10x's what they were going to spend.

Continuing to identify everything. When I get some close to BIS gear in certain slots i will think about selling with unid'd.

I'm actually surprised (and maybe it's because it's a virtual game, but there most certainly is a RM aspect, unless you can't do it on the RMAH) legally they are allowed to do it.

I mean if it IS allowed on the RMAH how is that not literally the definition of online gambling, which iirc is illegal in the US at least.

If they don't allow that on the RMAH and only on the GAH, I don't even see why it's a matter of discussion.

Started to deposit them on alt-mules or vault since 2-3 days ago. Wanted to sell them, but maybe I'll id them all at once.

Deleted
    If you sell then you sell yourself

Always identify...in the long run, it will net you more money when you get a good drop...I mean an absolutely amazing weapon drop for example could make up for 1,000 pieces of crap. However, if you have little money on hand, it very well may be worth selling some Unidentified stuff to get some guaranteed cash. But if you have 100+ million gold sitting there, you have no reason not to identify them.

Deleted
    Why would anyone sell them, i have no idea... I wouldnt sell them even at 500k each. Even if just 1 out of 10 is an average item, you still make a profit.

I always identify my ilvl 63 stuff, even if they are crap 99% of the time.