Poll: Do you identify or sell ilvl 63 items?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I identify everything cause it adds to the excitement and possibly profits me a nice amount of gold.

Selling em unid would take away what little suspension and excitement the farming has in it.

You mean people actually buy non-identified items? Do you have to sell them via trade or can you do it through the AH?

sell armor unid.. id weps... even a mediocre wep can be worth 1-5m where a mediocre armor piece is usually 0.

I sell everything under lvl 60 and the salvage everything over lvl 60

15+ Year Old Account
    People have figured out how to tell what modifiers an unidentified item has, without identifying it.
    It appears most people here ID their own items, but if you see someone offering a 'deal', it's cause they know it's junk already.

If it were easier to sell the items I'd probably do it, but I can't be bothered crawling forums looking for someone to sell to.

I have gotten very lucky with RNG in the last few days so it has paid off.

I identify everything, probably not 2h bows since 80% of then are junk.

Will be missed ~

Identify. Gambling is too much fun

Deleted
    I identify everything I get and most of the time I do it the moment I get it. I just can't have unidentified items in my bag for too long

Deleted
    I identify everything myself. I don't want to run the risk of someone linking back a godly item worth countless millions/euros after having sold them an unidentified item

Deleted
    Identify. I cant be bothered to sell them on trade channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    People have figured out how to tell what modifiers an unidentified item has, without identifying it.
    Can you substantiate that claim?

Sure, an unidentified item does contain the MF% used when it dropped (since MF% indirectly affects stat rolls), but it would be very sloppy of Blizzard to expose that to the game client. It's stored in a database away from prying eyes. Beyond that, the stat rolls happen on a game server and you just see the result, not the algorithm used to generate them.

Let's assume that people have figured out how to access the MF% of an unidentified item.. is it even much use? I've been identifying my own gear with 250% MF for weeks, and it's almost all total garbage. I had better luck with 100% MF. Whatever effect it has is very minimal and could not be used to categorize good or bad unidentified items.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuroka View Post
    It's been all over the forums and reddit the past few days. It's been around since launch tho. Basically you do some fancy linking with some special characters and then you're able to see the item code, which then tells you how many affixes that item will have. Doesn't mean those affixes will be good... just means there's higher potential there.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Sure, an unidentified item does contain the MF% used when it dropped (since MF% indirectly affects stat rolls), but it would be very sloppy of Blizzard to expose that to the game client. It's stored in a database away from prying eyes. Beyond that, the stat rolls happen on a game server and you just see the result, not the algorithm used to generate them.

Let's assume that people have figured out how to access the MF% of an unidentified item.. is it even much use? I've been identifying my own gear with 250% MF for weeks, and it's almost all total garbage. I had better luck with 100% MF. Whatever effect it has is very minimal and could not be used to categorize good or bad unidentified items.
    Oh I'm sure you can find it, Not going to exactly tell you how due to me likely breaking a rule but lets say. ''It's all over the internet''

Yea anyone selling UnIDs now is a scammer because they already know what the stats are. also Blizzard removed the page finally. Good thing I copy and pasted everything lol.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phonic View Post
    It's been all over the forums and reddit the past few days. It's been around since launch tho. Basically you do some fancy linking with some special characters and then you're able to see the item code, which then tells you how many affixes that item will have. Doesn't mean those affixes will be good... just means there's higher potential there.

No if you enter the code it will tell you exactly what stats it will have. I tried it and it said my item will have dex,vit,socket, and some random DH skill. Sure enough when I IDed it those stats were there. On weapons it is pretty nice. I mean if it comes back crit, socket, and life on hit....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-07-17 at 09:48 PM.

Ok, I read up on that exploit and as a programmer, it makes me sad that Blizzard was so sloppy to store UnID item info on the game client. They basically pre-ID it on the client and hope nobody will notice. So lame...

Deleted
    Ok, I read up on that exploit and as a programmer, it makes me sad that Blizzard was so sloppy to store UnID item info on the game client. They basically pre-ID it on the client and hope nobody will notice. So lame...
    After the whole change-your-computer-time-to-cancel-auctions thing I can't say I'm surprised stuff like this is in the game.