Deleted

Question Something's wrong with my left ear

Just a heads up, I'm writing this on my phone

So, for a couple of days ago after my daily shower something weird started to happen. It feels as my left ear - channel has been blocked. At first I thought it was just some water and didn't think more of it. But now, perhaps 3 days later it's still there, and it's more of a pressure inside my ear now, could it be some waxplug or something? And if it is, how do I get rid of it? :s It's really starting to freak me out since I've lost around 80% of my hearing on that side.

Check to make sure there's no dead insects inside your ear.

My grandma had one in her ear for literally years before she had to have surgery to remove it. Suddenly, she could hear again.

I'd say go see your doctor. If it is just a simple waxplug, there are drops for that. Even just a simple peroxide solution will work.

If it's something else, your doctor will be the one to diagnose it.

Deleted
    well as someone who has a lot of problems with wax plugs there is an easy fix go to the doctor and they blow with out with a huge syringe filled with water
    doesnt hurt in any way you just lose your balance for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Mooherder View Post
    well as someone who has a lot of problems with wax plugs there is an easy fix go to the doctor and they blow with out with a huge syringe filled with water
    doesnt hurt in any way you just lose your balance for a bit
    This, it is like 2 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a inner ear infection go see a doctor, i had it once after not washing my ear out properly after a shower, you can get vertigo from it
    Last edited by starkey; 2012-07-13 at 08:43 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

You sure a cockroach didn't crawl in while you were asleep and drowned in your ear while you were taking a shower?

If you don't feel like going to the doctor right away, get somebody to shine a torch into your ear to check for blockages that can be seen and removed with a q tip.

Deleted
    Alright, I should probably go to a doctor and let him check it out then, cheers for the fast response

Go to the doctor, i had similar symptoms and it turned out to be an ear infection that blew my eardrum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Go to the doctor, i had similar symptoms and it turned out to be an ear infection that blew my eardrum.
    Oh damn, that sounds nasty :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had ear issues before, and got some bad advice from friends. I don't know what kind of damage I ended up doing to them, but I know from personal experience that if you have issues, you should check out a doctor at least to clean them out. Also, because of potential bad medical advice, we tend to not allow threads like this, before someone ends up getting seriously hurt.