10+ Year Old Account

Survivalist Makes Video Before Killing Family

http://youtu.be/aodgtiB7ShE

So this is a pretty "interesting" look at the mind of a psychopath/paranoid schizo/whatever this dude is.

Peter Keller, the man depicted in the video, spent years building a survivalist bunker in the woods. He eventually killed his wife and daughter, and fled to the bunker. After a few days, a SWAT team eventually found his position, and he killed himself, which he predicted would happen in the video.

Its a chilling video, I'm not sure how much discussion we can get out of it, but I figured many people here would like to see it. Maybe a good question to be asked is, Should the police have released this video to the public? Will it only inspire more people to do the same?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    http://youtu.be/aodgtiB7ShE

So this is a pretty "interesting" look at the mind of a psychopath/paranoid schizo/whatever this dude is.

Peter Keller, the man depicted in the video, spent years building a survivalist bunker in the woods. He eventually killed his wife and daughter, and fled to the bunker. After a few days, a SWAT team eventually found his position, and he killed himself, which he predicted would happen in the video.

Its a chilling video, I'm not sure how much discussion we can get out of it, but I figured many people here would like to see it. Maybe a good question to be asked is, Should the police have released this video to the public? Will it only inspire more people to do the same?
    I really wanna see the inside of that bunker... I know he was a lunatic but... I've just gotta see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I really wanna see the inside of that bunker... I know he was a lunatic but... I've just gotta see it.
    Which is why they immidietly destroyed it. Said it took them days to fill it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I agree. The last minute of the video hes inside of the bunker and you can see a little bit, but its pretty dark. I mean if they are going to release this video, at least release pictures of the actual bunker.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Should the police have released this video to the public? Will it only inspire more people to do the same?
    As much as video games drive people to kill.
    Most people like to know what happens around them. Some have heard of what happened, but don't know the entire story and because of that a lot of exaggeration tends to happen. Now that they know the whole story, it'll stay to that.

Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Looks pretty dirty in there.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD