Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Soooooo.......my wife of 11 years and I are not in love? And haven't been for the past 15 years? Weird. This revelation will surely surprise her as much as it had me.

Care to tell me what research you did to come to this shocking conclusion? Or are you simply alone and bitter?
    That's a straw man argument.

I have no doubt that you and your wife love each other, in the SAME WAY that you love your children, etc.

But you ended up where you did because you both found (and possibly still find) each other physically and emotionally attractive. You ended up getting married and starting a family because of it. You can call it whatever you want, but I think it's pretty twisted to give the same name to the emotions that put you in your wife in bed together, as what makes you hug your son or daughter whenever they skin their knee.

So pick one, call it love, but the other isn't the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo.......my wife of 11 years and I are not in love? And haven't been for the past 15 years? Weird. This revelation will surely surprise her as much as it had me.
    I'm pretty sure he defined a context of how the word "love" is wrongly used. I don't know how you define "love", but this Hugh Grant/Julia Roberts movies concept of "giving your life for someone no matter how much she screw you over and over because of love" is not a noble feeling, it is living in denial.

Care to tell me what research you did to come to this shocking conclusion? Or are you simply alone and bitter?
    It's funny that you ask for a research, like you care about evidence, but your defense is that childish falacy that if someone disagree with your opinion about love, it is because he/she is a lonely person.

-People who take things out of context and argue about things purely because they don't understand each other

Adding to my list.

Deleted
    Threads on mmo-c about girlfriends/friendzone problems.
    Friendzoned people whining about being frienzoned.
    Xbox360/PS3 fanboy fights.
    Dubstep haters. (Thanks to skrillex's kind of dubstep. There are other, less wub wubby kind of dubsteps.)
    Justin Bieber hate/love posts on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Obama stuff.
    2. How I'm a bad person for being a Conservative (mostly at work).
    3. People talking about their hate for bronies and MLP.
    4. How my religion is wrong (at work).
    5. End of the world crap.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That's a straw man argument.

I have no doubt that you and your wife love each other, in the SAME WAY that you love your children, etc.

But you ended up where you did because you both found (and possibly still find) each other physically and emotionally attractive. You ended up getting married and starting a family because of it. You can call it whatever you want, but I think it's pretty twisted to give the same name to the emotions that put you in your wife in bed together, as what makes you hug your son or daughter whenever they skin their knee.

So pick one, call it love, but the other isn't the same thing.
    Just curious - why can't one word have two different meanings?

Deleted
    MLP, And Fifty Shades of Gray. aka; Fifty Shades of GAAAYYYY.

I don't hate anything else enough to comment

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone claiming a connection between Pokémon and Mists of Pandaria.
    Call Me Maybe. AAAARGH STOP IT ALREADY!!!
    My Little Pony.
    Those pictures on Facebook everyone likes. Like “1 like = 1 respect”, GTFO.
    People on Facebook who write philosophical stuff on their pictures, like “you only live once” following a picture of themselves looking dramatic.

1. Kardashians
    2. Call Me Maybe and all it's parodies
    3. "Evolution is just a theory" or "Gay marriage will ruin america" typical right wing rhetoric
    4. Obama/Rommney suck
    5. WoW/Diablo are dead
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2012-07-13 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    Threads on mmo-c about girlfriends/friendzone problems.
    Friendzoned people whining about being frienzoned.
    Xbox360/PS3 fanboy fights.
    Dubstep haters. (Thanks to skrillex's kind of dubstep. There are other, less wub wubby kind of dubsteps.)
    Justin Bieber hate/love posts on the internet.
    This i agree on with 4 of the 5 things all i could add to that for me personally is GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. America's politics
    2. America's celebrities
    3. Threads about how much someone misses vanila when they most probably didn't play
    4. Potential "WoW-Killers"
    5. 9gag bullshit flooding facebook and forums, "call me maybe" and everything to do with it, 12 year olds thinking they are "trolls" because they say "umad?"

"The hardest part is only picking five"

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Luckily I've moved out of the greater Baltimore/D.C. area. Although Nashville does have some, the hipster vs new-age cowboy war seems to keep both sides in check.
    you lived in the wrong part of Baltimore sir. i live here and almost never see hipsters.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Just curious - why can't one word have two different meanings?
    because he's not used to the english language and all it's twists and turns is my guess.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

1. Memes. Just shut up and stop beating the long dead horse.
    2. Edgy, grimdark forum posters who pretend to not have feelings (the majority of posters on any gaming forum).
    3. Game vs. game arguments.
    4. Bioware
    5. Obama vs. Romney.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. How much people blindly hate Americans for whatever silly reason suits them that day
    2. My Little Pony
    3. Celebrities
    4. Rhianna (seriously, please kindly leave the airwaves)
    5. Peoples' extreme opinions on various things that lack anything resembling balance or a logical, coherent thought process

The next "big" MMO. (whichever that may be, since a new one comes along every 6 months)
    How conservatives are destroying the country.
    How liberals are destroying the country.
    "Talent" shows. (reality TV in general can die in a fire)
    Car insurance commercials.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. How much MoP is going to suck
    2. How much Diablo 3 sucks
    3. What a crap company Blizzard is
    4. Advertisement
    5. People who refuse to accept facts
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

MLP.
    Justin Bieber.
    Guild Wars 2.
    Tribes Ascend is dead.
    Guild Wars 2.

Deleted
    - 2012 Olympics
    - The words objective and subjective
    - That we might actually live in the matrix, or be brains in vats
    - The term tin-foil hat
    - Scientism

1. WoW is dead
    2. X will kill WoW( X representing any new MMO that have been released since WoW came out.)
    3. MoP will fail.
    4. dragon soul nerfs, seriously get over it we all know how high it will go anyways.
    5. nation bashing (every thread about a country will always somehow end in nation bashing one way or another).

I don't think I'm really sick of hearing anything. (ofcourse I would be sick of hearing bad music for example if I had to listen to bad music, but since there's nothing I have to hear I'm not sick of hearing anything)