10+ Year Old Account

[MoP] Glyph of Frostfire Bolt

So will the new Glyph of Frostfire bolt make the damage scaling and dps of FFB and Fireball totally equal; but just allow fire mages to spam a filler that has a slow attached to it rather than a filler that doesn't have a slow attached to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    So will the new Glyph of Frostfire bolt make the damage scaling and dps of FFB and Fireball totally equal; but just allow fire mages to spam a filler that has a slow attached to it rather than a filler that doesn't have a slow attached to it?
    calling a spell you are casting more than half of your effictive dps time a filler is kinda weird^^, but ye we have speculated that its there to give fire pvp a slow.. might be wrong though as its blizz so you can never really know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    calling a spell you are casting more than half of your effictive dps time a filler is kinda weird^^, but ye we have speculated that its there to give fire pvp a slow.. might be wrong though as its blizz so you can never really know
    A filler is any spell you cast when you cannot casting something else. If you prefer we can call it our spam! : )

sounds like a nice glyph to me!

Deleted
    A filler is any spell you cast when you cannot casting something else. If you prefer we can call it our spam! : )

Thought the proper name was nuke or main nuke. To me a filler is something you can occasionally toss in rotation if you have a spare sec.
    But lets not get to technical on terminology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Thought the proper name was nuke or main nuke. To me a filler is something you can occasionally toss in rotation if you have a spare sec.
    But lets not get to technical on terminology.
    calling a filler a nuke is common these days but it used to be nuke was your biggest cast-time spell, pyroblast is a classical nuke

afterall how many times in a war do you use your nukes? Historically it has been twice in 5 years.

Yes but I would call something a filler is I had 4-5 different spells to use as a rotation with cd's on each then when nothing is available I would use a filler, but when you are using a priority system and its mainly fireball with only a few inferno blast, pyroblast and dot of ur choosing + combustion, I just didnt feel that filler is the right word

And on the nuke part.. people call optimal dps nuking, hense the spell main nuke is the 1 that does most damage, and atm in MoP that is fireball, it has really nothing to do with the time spent on casting, but more towards what spell is the biggest contributer to your overall damage, or thats what I have come to known it as

But that was hardly the point of my post and derailed this some bit^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Also...you can use the book, as a hat.

>.>
    <.<
    -.-
    BfA Beta Time

Basically. You add a snare to your Fireball and make it look nicer, but it costs you a major glyph. For PvE it's largely cosmetic. For levelling it's probably very useful. For PvP it will be ok, though I imagine you can't spend a lot of time casting Frostfire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Basically. You add a snare to your Fireball and make it look nicer, but it costs you a major glyph. For PvE it's largely cosmetic. For levelling it's probably very useful. For PvP it will be ok, though I imagine you can't spend a lot of time casting Frostfire.
    No you can't, unless your target is already snared and you have Ice Floes active. Every class has 1-2 interrupts now and trying to get that long cast off is near impossible without some form of already setup stun/root/disorient.
    BfA Beta Time

How about the damage? Do fireball and frostfire bolt do the same damage now? So we get to pick which one we want to cast with no dps repercussions?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    How about the damage? Do fireball and frostfire bolt do the same damage now? So we get to pick which one we want to cast with no dps repercussions?
    The damage is identical and so is their scaling. Arguably, the loss of a Major Glyph can be seen as some form of DPS loss, but that's about it.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    The damage is identical and so is their scaling. Arguably, the loss of a Major Glyph can be seen as some form of DPS loss, but that's about it.
    Is there a situation where you wouldn't have a glyph slot free for 'utility'. Combustion could be a must if you have a 20-30 second burn. Fire Blast is compulsory for a cleave fight. There's nothing else that seems like it might be necessary from a dps perspective, however. Even the two mentioned would be situational, so you should always have one free.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Is there a situation where you wouldn't have a glyph slot free for 'utility'. Combustion could be a must if you have a 20-30 second burn. Fire Blast is compulsory for a cleave fight. There's nothing else that seems like it might be necessary from a dps perspective, however. Even the two mentioned would be situational, so you should always have one free.
    I always operate under the mindset that Glyph of Evocation is mandatory for basically all aspects of the game, which only leaves me with two free glyph slots anyway.
    BfA Beta Time

FFB glyph makes fire leveling less annoying. Does nothing for raiding. Gives fire a slow in pvp if you can cast that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    No you can't, unless your target is already snared and you have Ice Floes active. Every class has 1-2 interrupts now and trying to get that long cast off is near impossible without some form of already setup stun/root/disorient.
    ^^This.

Also, if looking at PvP, the majority of you are simply talking BG's, so there really is no discussion here as far as the slow is concerned. You dont need it, even for RBG's. IF you are talking Arena, the slow would not be viable really at all given the long cast time and any mage worth his while in arena will hard cast something complete (no juke) maybe......5 - 10 times in a single 2-3 minute game? (depending on the length obviously) THe rest of the time is poly/cs/poly/nova/poly/cs etc etc.

PS, what is with all the semantics about filler vs nuke? I didnt know it mattered so much lol

10+ Year Old Account
    i think a leveling glyph is a perfectly acceptable role for a glyph
    that 1-89 grind can ve very tedious with out a good snare.

Still, I would have preferred it if there was also a minor glyph that just changed the graphic of Fireball to Frostfire so what is essentially a cosmetic glyph in PvE doesn't come up against the utility options.