Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It was the way he handled the "Decision" bout all it comes down to. Bad way to go about things. Personally, I think he's an amazing athlete (more like freak of nature ), and him playing for my fave team sure helps a lot. Wade still tops him as my fave player though. Can't wait for this coming season...Bosh/Allen/Wade/James...Oh yes...oh yes..../evilcackle

Oversaturation. That much exposure, and people are bound to get pissed.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mainly because he's the star and people like to be against what's perceived as popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Mainly because he's the star and people like to be against what's perceived as popular.
    Very much this, people like to see the guy at the top fall and lose. It's the same in other sports, last few years people want to see the Patriots lose (or last year wanted to see Green Bay choke) or see Barcelona lose. Heck people were cheering on anyone but Spain at the Euros because they've won the last two tournaments on the go.

Same with Ferrari and Schumacher in the late 90s, the person at the top is fresh for a season at most, after that people want to see them get knocked off their perch.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say I hate him by any means, I just disagreed on some stuff.

No need to make some big interview to say who you're committing to, but that's over and done.

Then Lebron and Wade mocked Nowitzski's sickness during last year's Finals, but we all know how karma got him then.

So I'm pretty okay with him now. He's paid his dues, he can enjoy his ring (once it gets here next season )

He was way to cocky didnt handle media very well either. Thats why people hate him.

Before the "Decision", I didn't like him for being arrogant. He didn't even shake hands with Spurs players after his Cavs loss in the Finals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike him because instead of building a team around him (in his hometown no less), he fled with his tail between his legs to an already-contender where he plays second fiddle to D-Wade. That, and the fact that he tried to blame race for the backlash he got for The Decision.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why he people don't like him for his attitude because Michael Jordan was ten times the ass LBJ is. I think for most people it was the ESPN factor of playing all his high school games then crowning him the next Jordan as soon as he got to the NBA. Then there was the 90 mil dollar contract from nike before he even played a game in the nba then him not only leaving his home team but making a circus show out of it instead of just signing a contract.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't dismiss the 'decision' or 'reveal' on Espn. I actually liked him before that. He got bad advice on that and was one of the most dickish moves ever in sports. Can you even imagine being a Cavs fan sitting in a bar watching that night? It tells you alot about him.
    Operation Red Wing