Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Technically by adding ''Affix' within the drops as the new info has stated X amount of MF has a greater chance to yield another affix so technically yes if farm with that amount of MF and ilvl 63 drops

It can be better then some guy doing 75% mf and an ilvl 63 drops

That added affix is like amazing and can change a weapon to be god like or a pile of garbage that you throw at someone
    Well after like 9000 Elite Packs most expensive item i sold was some necklace for 8mill, atm on my "account" i have <5mill. So i guess ill try to farm ACT2. IS it good idea to pull elite packs and get them to some 10-15% of HP and then change items, like put 5 items with MF and burn them down?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well after like 9000 Elite Packs most expensive item i sold was some necklace for 8mill, atm on my "account" i have <5mill. So i guess ill try to farm ACT2. IS it good idea to pull elite packs and get them to some 10-15% of HP and then change items, like put 5 items with MF and burn them down?
    Yeah that's what most people do, Hence It's a controversial topic to be talked about on their official forums to ''Quick swap'' to mf gear whenever an elite is about to die

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So it's safe (sort of) to say that if you can farm act 1 with 200% mf, you're actually better off there than in act 3?
    No because A1 has only 4%-ish chance to drop level 63 items while A3 has 16%. MF does not improve the item level so even if you can farm A1 with 300 MF, you will still get lots of 4-6 affix sub level 60 items and level 61-62 items (which are worthless if they're weapons). It doesn't matter how many affixes they have or even if they're legendary, they're still garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was confused (and noob) before.

but now i am more so!

so, this new MF, is this working NOW? was it added with the last patch? was is like this all along?

I am currently comfortably(few deaths...) farming A2 with my monk, with no MF, and not swapping gear because that causes me often to die...

thx all

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    i was confused (and noob) before.

but now i am more so!

so, this new MF, is this working NOW? was it added with the last patch? was is like this all along?

I am currently comfortably(few deaths...) farming A2 with my monk, with no MF, and not swapping gear because that causes me often to die...

thx all
    It was here all along they just didn't tell us, All the info we got was OMFG IT WORKS LIKE D2. No no it isn't like D2

Blizz -.-

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Yeah that's what most people do, Hence It's a controversial topic to be talked about on their official forums to ''Quick swap'' to mf gear whenever an elite is about to die
    Ok thanks for the info, gonna try later today. Yesterday i went through ACT3 and ACT 4 as tornado spec in like 2 hours or less, died many times, but i just "walked" through pulling all the mobs inside.
    So its back to farming ACT2 then....

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    What happens to your math when Blizz stealth nerfs the quality of items in Act1? It's just hunch I have since last week but the rares have been garbager then usual.

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 02:26 PM ----------

I did manage to get Promise of Glory bracers with 160 dex on it..but every single rare ilevel63 has been complete and utter garbage. For example when ever I get a sarcred shield it is always 1500+ armor on it..this morning it was 1000. I don't know what to think anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I did manage to get Promise of Glory bracers with 160 dex on it..but every single rare ilevel63 has been complete and utter garbage. For example when ever I get a sarcred shield it is always 1500+ armor on it..this morning it was 1000. I don't know what to think anymore.
    Sure it is... Less bs and more actual data, can't hurt right?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    Sure it is... Less bs and more actual data, can't hurt right?
    Just my findings for the last 7 days. I said it was a hunch..never claimed Blizz stealth nerfed the item quality on rares in Act 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Just my findings for the last 7 days. I said it was a hunch..never claimed Blizz stealth nerfed the item quality on rares in Act 1.
    Uh... That's exactly what you said.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    How do the guaranteed rares work then?

The game rolls 6 affixes - 5 - 4 down to 1 and then it automatically wins the roll instead of being downgraded to blue? Or is it some other system. To my knowledge, the guaranteed rares aren't usually that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I'd rather have MF removed from all gear. Keep it a shrine/NV buff.
    I have to agree with this as I am not losing stats for mf at all

Deleted

Kripparrian explained it pretty well.

Kripp's video doesn't actually have anything to do with this topic. All Kripp does in that video is explain how random loot is. The new information on magic find was released after Kripp made that video.