Poll: Which spec for End-Game MoP ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FairLadyz View Post
    I wouldn't mind them redoing chakra so that its JUST Sanctuary but I've been told I'm a dreamer. ^_^ I'd love Holy priests to be a more defined AoE healer than they currently are set to be.
    Yeah, that's what I always imagined for the two Priest specs:

Holy: Great AoE healing, mediocre single healing
    Disc: Great single healing, mediocre AoE healing

Yet for some reason, Blizzard seems to want to homogenize the two specs, giving Disc buffs to PoH and giving Holy buffs to their single target via Chakra. It's just...why? They're two different specs, why struggle so much to homogenize them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Shadow... because I'd rather hurt people than heal them

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    More than likely I will be Discipline. I've gotten used to it over this entire expansion and the utility of preshielding and atonement is too valuable for my raid unless a fight just really favors holy, which really only equates to D Hymn at this point. If Discipline ends up underpowered somehow I might get the chance to play holy again though which would be nice.

As for which I like most, at this point I am honestly not sure. I have played Discipline for so long now it has become a lot more enjoyed than it used to be, while Holy has not really changed at all so my enjoyment of it is the same.

I play rogue and shadowpriest on live, both with ~100k Kills plus a fire mage with ~40k kills on it.

On beta ive leveld the three specs up.

I can tell you this. Shadow is amazing. I can't think of a single way my rogue could get near my SP and get any meaningful damage into it (save for speccing combat and popping cd's). Rogue restealths i pop him out with Halo.

Same for mage, dispel and silence him, Guise his deep and wear him down.

If anything SP damage is a little ott, but it seems to be the same for mages and locks also. I can chuck 80k DP's at people whereas my rogue can barely manage a 50k ambush crit.

Also, disc seems good in PvP too. Ive beaten many dps specs as dis including rogue. My heart is shadow though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post

Yet for some reason, Blizzard seems to want to homogenize the two specs, giving Disc buffs to PoH and giving Holy buffs to their single target via Chakra. It's just...why? They're two different specs, why struggle so much to homogenize them?
    I completely agree. Wouldn't it be incredible if Blizzard actually listened to us intelligent people who actually play the class instead of doing their own thing??? Holy should be the main Raid/AOE spec with Disc being a better Absorb/Tank/Single target healer. Either way, we're freakin' awesome but I wish they would just get things right for once!!!

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Shadow... because I'd rather hurt people than heal them
    That's not very nice!! Although I've leveled and played Shadow on Beta and it's really a lot of fun at the moment. I like the changes to DP, it's interesting to say the least. Is there anything in MoP that you prefer about shadow compared to live?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redderz1 View Post
    I play rogue and shadowpriest on live, both with ~100k Kills plus a fire mage with ~40k kills on it.

On beta ive leveld the three specs up.

I can tell you this. Shadow is amazing. I can't think of a single way my rogue could get near my SP and get any meaningful damage into it (save for speccing combat and popping cd's). Rogue restealths i pop him out with Halo.

Same for mage, dispel and silence him, Guise his deep and wear him down.

If anything SP damage is a little ott, but it seems to be the same for mages and locks also. I can chuck 80k DP's at people whereas my rogue can barely manage a 50k ambush crit.

Also, disc seems good in PvP too. Ive beaten many dps specs as dis including rogue. My heart is shadow though.
    I agree, I have high hopes for shadow in mop. Small caveat though (because if I don't point it out someone will), Rogues even without shadowdance can ambush 6 times in a row, with shadowdance they can probably do upward of 8 ambushes in a row. So it's not really fair to compare an ability we use every ~25 seconds with an ability they can spam. Rogues have a Lot of potential in MoP right now as well, while they might need some tweaks still (as does shadow) I wouldn't talk down about the state of rogues on MoP (ignoring bugged weapons entirely).

I think part of the problem with rogues in MoP at the moment is that people make the bugged daggers, kill someone in literally under a second, and then when they use normal weapons and it takes 8 seconds to kill someone - it feels like eternity - but an 8 second kill is on the fast end for most classes in MoP at the moment (the fastest, boomkins, bm hunters do it in like 5 seconds), the slowest dps specs take ~12-15 seconds. Shadow is either in the fast group with orbs, or in the slow group without. It's all about devouring plague right now.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-07-18 at 01:12 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I'd actually like Discipline to become a DPS spec, and all of its healing assets to be folded into Chakra: Aegis (or something stupidly similar). I'm sick of having one healing spec performing greatly above or greatly below another, and being told by a Druid "oh well at least you have another spec".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I'd actually like Discipline to become a DPS spec, and all of its healing assets to be folded into Chakra: Aegis (or something stupidly similar). I'm sick of having one healing spec performing greatly above or greatly below another, and being told by a Druid "oh well at least you have another spec".
    It's unfair to say that one spec is greatly above or below another, UNLESS you're talking about 10m. 10 man raiding is just a complete mess at the moment and should never have been implemented. Holy and Disc both find their places within a 25 man raid and can both carry their weight in healing if played right. Just my opinion. And druids, everyone praises druid healing all the time, but druid healing is lame!

15+ Year Old Account
    Cloth tank spec IMO

They holy fire / smite / holy nova for threat (obviously they get 100% knockback immunity on these). They have power word shields and pain suppressions for defensive cooldowns. Atonement for flavour. Their secondary stats would have to convert to defensive stats somehow.

The game needs more tanks / healer versatility for dungeon queues, priests are super class loyal so throwing offspec tank gear at us is good for guilds if tanks dont show up, etc. Plus, then Balance of Power can make a big comeback with the all priest guild idea Forget all priests and some blood dks for tanks, just all priests
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

It's unfair to say that one spec is greatly above or below another, UNLESS you're talking about 10m. 10 man raiding is just a complete mess at the moment and should never have been implemented. Holy and Disc both find their places within a 25 man raid and can both carry their weight in healing if played right. Just my opinion. And druids, everyone praises druid healing all the time, but druid healing is lame!
    Sorry, that's spillover from a rant I had earlier today, but it's been an irritating voice clawing at the back of my head for, well, since Firelands.

The idea that "if you're a hybrid, expect to play multiple roles. Unless you're a healing Priest, in which case you're Holy/Disc" is kinda garbage. If a Shaman cannot function on one fight or is completely undertuned, the fight gets looked at. If it's Priests, it's okay because we still have another spec! At this point, scrap the second spec, fold it into the first one, or if you want us to be "pure healers" (as mages/warlocks have to shift between what spec is "best" on a per-fight basis) get rid of the Shadow spec, and make us "pure" healers, complete with everything else that accompanies that.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Cloth tank spec IMO
    Oh, my. This would work. This could definitely definitely work.

Sorry, that's spillover from a rant I had earlier today, but it's been an irritating voice clawing at the back of my head for, well, since Firelands.

The idea that "if you're a hybrid, expect to play multiple roles. Unless you're a healing Priest, in which case you're Holy/Disc" is kinda garbage. If a Shaman cannot function on one fight or is completely undertuned, the fight gets looked at. If it's Priests, it's okay because we still have another spec! At this point, scrap the second spec, fold it into the first one, or if you want us to be "pure healers" (as mages/warlocks have to shift between what spec is "best" on a per-fight basis) get rid of the Shadow spec, and make us "pure" healers, complete with everything else that accompanies that.[COLOR="red"]
    Well I agree, they need to pay more attention to us. We definitely aren't favored by any means. It's awesome that we are 2 heal/1 dps specs and I love the fact that we are the only healer in game that has the option of two different healing specs, but we have needs too. For instance, why is it that Holy had such horrific mana management all of this x-pac and no one stepped in and said "Hey, let's make holy have a little better regen so they don't oom within 30 seconds of the fight!" Sometimes I think Blizzard just doesn't pay attention to classes they don't absolutely favor, IE: Mages, Shaman, and Pallies. Oh and DKs, always DKs.

It's not even the "pay more attention" to us, because then one spec or the other outshines. Yes, I get they're supposed to play differently. They should have different strengths/weakness, different playstyles are cool.

Regen variances to the point of where they were and allowed to exist for an entire expansion is not. Gear scaling variances persisting for as long as it has, being told "Well Priests aren't suffering right now because the other spec (which is an option) is performing well" is not a fix to the problem. We don't need homogenization, but we do need some form of parity, or dissolving the 2-heal-1-dps model for either a 1/1/1 (which would be hilarious) or a 3-0 model.

I can't see priests being anything other than 2h/1d -- I mean what else would they be? Couldn't go 3d, and 3h would be boring!

I can't see priests being anything other than 2h/1d -- I mean what else would they be? Couldn't go 3d, and 3h would be boring!
    3h could work, because then we have the logical point of "Well, mages have to respec, so why shouldn't you" and actually backing it up to that point of putting us on a Pure basis.

But, of course, SkillOverKill brings up the idea of Discipline going back to a tank spec. t/h/d is a thing that actually works. Why not?

3h could work, because then we have the logical point of "Well, mages have to respec, so why shouldn't you" and actually backing it up to that point of putting us on a Pure basis.

But, of course, SkillOverKill brings up the idea of Discipline going back to a tank spec. t/h/d is a thing that actually works. Why not?

I think it would be great if Priests were straight heals, then I'd never be pressured into going Shadow for fights like Ultraxion! I definitely play my priest strictly to heal and feel that it's the most enjoyable of the 4 healing classes. The thing is, 3 heal would NEVER work because it would make leveling an absolute nightmare. We'd have no way to fend for ourselves and would have to rely on being grouped/doing dungeons/Bging to level. We also would have a slower (but not impossible) time doing Dailies.

So with that being said, I think Blizzard definetely needs to rework Priests slightly into making Disc pure tank/solo target and Holy pure AoE/Raid.

And hopefully they will also shy away from giving us an awful tier set this xpac like they did in Cata where we had bird baths on our shoulders! =)

Deleted
    I think it would be great if Priests were straight heals, then I'd never be pressured into going Shadow for fights like Ultraxion! I definitely play my priest strictly to heal and feel that it's the most enjoyable of the 4 healing classes. The thing is, 3 heal would NEVER work because it would make leveling an absolute nightmare. We'd have no way to fend for ourselves and would have to rely on being grouped/doing dungeons/Bging to level. We also would have a slower (but not impossible) time doing Dailies.

So with that being said, I think Blizzard definetely needs to rework Priests slightly into making Disc pure tank/solo target and Holy pure AoE/Raid.

And hopefully they will also shy away from giving us an awful tier set this xpac like they did in Cata where we had bird baths on our shoulders! =)
    Ey you! T11 looked great

- btw our tier 14 looks shit lol.. Search for it, dont have a link here

main spec: pvp disc
    2nd spec: shadow or pve holy/disc

Poor Holy..I love Holy but it feels so meh in the beta..nothing inspiring.

That's not very nice!! Although I've leveled and played Shadow on Beta and it's really a lot of fun at the moment. I like the changes to DP, it's interesting to say the least. Is there anything in MoP that you prefer about shadow compared to live?
    So far I have found the changes interesting. Still messing around with various things though and i haven't settled on if I like it better or not. Also have been focusing on leveling low level priests a lot and comparing what spec is best for leveling and what not to update a beginning priest guide I have on H2P. So far I have actually enjoyed leveling low level on my shadow, which is nice because currently if you are starting a new priest leveling as Disc is the best choice by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post

No!!!! Trust me, you don't want this to happen. Right now, all healers are viable at both tank and raid healing. So if Disc had it's raid healing gutted, it's single target healing ability would need to be the best in the game; because if it wasn't, no one would ever take a disc priest. Why take a healer that can only heal the tank marginally better than a healer that can both tank and raid heal.

Consequently, because of Disc's vastly superior tank healing, this makes having a disc priest in your raid mandatory; so in order to prevent forcing all priests to play disc, Holy Priest's would then have to become the best AoE healing class in the game; because if they weren't, why take a holy priest over a disc priest? So Holy get's it's AoE buffed through the roof.

But this creates a new problem, because Disc wins at tank healing, and holy wins at raid healing, no one would want any other healing class, making the ideal comp disc/holy/holy. Which of course would cause shamans, druids and pally's to start rioting.

The reality is Blizzard tried this model with H Pally's and it didn't work. They scrapped it because it's literally impossible to balance.