Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    Oh, gotcha. Way too many acronyms these days haha. Personally I have been working on getting 30/50 for probably 3 weeks off and on. I have 5 points so far and I'm about ready to just say screw it. Game just isn't that fun (in PvE) to make me want to jump through all those hoops for a bunch of rewards I don't care all that much about lol.
    I think its worth it XD but it takes time and dedication. The game is fun but very challenging, we will see XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I think its worth it XD but it takes time and dedication. The game is fun but very challenging, we will see XD
    I don't find it very challenging at all really. I made a spirit spammer rit and I pretty much just mow down everything except for certain areas where the spirits bug out and won't shoot. I don't find that challenging though, more like buggy. The problem with running that build is you drop your spirits and then just stand there lol.

I have a dervish too which is more involving but still not real fun in PvE. I ran that character through Nightfall and EotN and about 2/3 of the way through NF I was starting to tire of it the repetitiveness of it.

I don't find it very challenging at all really. I made a spirit spammer rit and I pretty much just mow down everything except for certain areas where the spirits bug out and won't shoot. I don't find that challenging though, more like buggy. The problem with running that build is you drop your spirits and then just stand there lol.

I have a dervish too which is more involving but still not real fun in PvE. I ran that character through Nightfall and EotN and about 2/3 of the way through NF I was starting to tire of it the repetitiveness of it.
    Well yeah rit is easy, but I always go for master on the missions, never less than that. And some of them are quite hard.

Oh, gotcha. Way too many acronyms these days haha. Personally I have been working on getting 30/50 for probably 3 weeks off and on. I have 5 points so far and I'm about ready to just say screw it. Game just isn't that fun (in PvE) to make me want to jump through all those hoops for a bunch of rewards I don't care all that much about lol.
    if you aren't a GW pro you WILL NOT GET 30/50 before GW2 comes out

ESPECIALLY if you broke into the genre in wow. it just won't happen.

for a newer player it's easier to kill deathwing on heroic than it is to get 30/50

Then why dont you all guys help me ?

Then why dont you all guys help me ?
    like i said, buy an account that is already where you want it. you can spend less time making friendship bracelets to break even than you could getting 50/50

average person would NEVER get 50/50

guild wars isn't wow, they don't give a shit if everyone can do everything and never have. they made a game and said "here you go, play this"

then quietly sold over 7,000,000 copies

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    if you aren't a GW pro you WILL NOT GET 30/50 before GW2 comes out

ESPECIALLY if you broke into the genre in wow. it just won't happen.

for a newer player it's easier to kill deathwing on heroic than it is to get 30/50
    Took me about 350 hours to get 30/50. That's only about 15 days, so I don't see why anyone couldn't get it done before 8/25. I also did everything on my own with no help and started as a first time player.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Took me about 350 hours to get 30/50. That's only about 15 days, so I don't see why anyone couldn't get it done before 8/25. I also did everything on my own with no help and started as a first time player.
    Any tips? wanna help a fellow gw2 (and gw1) player?

Ill try regardless! any points I get before launch its a bonus, nothing else really is getting my attention right now (and I bought TSW XD)...so yeah..weee. Lets make a force task ;O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valicen View Post
    To roll through guild wars, learn how to use your heroes. There are lists of builds available online, like this one:
    outdated site
    Equip them right and steamroll through PVE.
    That site is pretty dated, I don't think it's been updated in quite a while.
    Google "Gw pvx"(unable to provide link, it's the top search result anyway) it provides the most up to date hero teams.

Any tips? wanna help a fellow gw2 (and gw1) player?

Ill try regardless! any points I get before launch its a bonus, nothing else really is getting my attention right now (and I bought TSW XD)...so yeah..weee. Lets make a force task ;O
    I just followed the guides for the most part. I used pretty much nothing but the 7 hero discordway build, and when it came to getting gold and the weapons I just farmed Auspicious Beginnings.

It's not that difficult it just takes a bit of time. It's a bit overwhelming at first and might seem like something you'll never get, but you just need to get in there and start working on it, and you'll get points.

I think at first I just worked on completing the story lines in all the campaigns, and if you can try to do all the masters and bonuses the first time you do the missions, so you don't have to go back and do it again.

After that just work on whatever points you feel like doing. I did weapons and armor last since that was the expensive part.

I also did everything on my own with no help and started as a first time player.
    I just followed the guides for the most part.
    lol c'mon now

I'M BEFUDDLED

so on your own or with help? maybe with help on your own or with your own help? this is why i have no respect for a lot of you mods. you say stuff like this that's completely idiotic then throw out an infraction when i point and laugh.

my point was that it's a lot of work and the average mmo player today will not do it

I just followed the guides for the most part. I used pretty much nothing but the 7 hero discordway build, and when it came to getting gold and the weapons I just farmed Auspicious Beginnings.
    Umm. Hmm.

I guess this is the state of GW1 now. Heroes kinda ruined the game really. No slight meant, G-Pab. Just kinda odd.

lol c'mon now

I'M BEFUDDLED

so on your own or with help? maybe with help on your own or with your own help? this is why i have no respect for a lot of you mods. you say stuff like this that's completely idiotic then throw out an infraction when i point and laugh.

my point was that it's a lot of work and the average mmo player today will not do it
    Is an infraction what you want? I meant no help as in no one gave me gold or helped me with any hardmodes.

Is an infraction what you want? I meant no help as in no one gave me gold or helped me with any hardmodes.
    well it's disrespectful to call the guides that we follow "no help"

they're extremely helpful and you should make sure the people who took their time to create them knows that.

either way it's a total contradiction. i'm not even disrespectful and contradicting at the same time.

well it's disrespectful to call the guides that we follow "no help"

they're extremely helpful and you should make sure the people who took their time to create them knows that.

either way it's a total contradiction. i'm not even disrespectful and contradicting at the same time.
    I really think you are overlooking this o.0...EVERYONE in gw1 uses wiki/guides. Kinda impossible to do without it.

Even I gathered that he just meant no one to help him with the missions or etc.

I really think you are overlooking this o.0...EVERYONE in gw1 uses wiki/guides. Kinda impossible to do without it.

Even I gathered that he just meant no one to help him with the missions or etc.
    those guides aren't that old. gw guides aren't like wow guides. since you're a self declared GW noob according to page 1 i'm going to assume you're parroting this information

the HoM wiki isn't well put together compared to a WoW guide. it feels like a bunch of different pieces thrown together because it is. it's part of why gw is so much harder than wow, you still have to figure a lot of shit out

but you'll definitely get more done if you log into the game, no debating that, won't get much completed here

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Umm. Hmm.

I guess this is the state of GW1 now. Heroes kinda ruined the game really. No slight meant, G-Pab. Just kinda odd.
    I pretty much bought GW1 just for 30/50 HoM so it's all I focused on, but for the most part all I ever saw was other people working on HoM too.

I pretty much bought GW1 just for 30/50 HoM so it's all I focused on, but for the most part all I ever saw was other people working on HoM too.
    I actually haven't played in a while. My sis and brother-in-law play all time though.

The core missions were never too difficult back in the day. Just kinda seems weird hero builds & consumables got to the point of just demolishing the game. Though I suppose GW1 was never really focused on PVE to the same degree as other games despite the excellent campaigns.

Ah well. Factions was pretty brutal if you didn't have Jora Fatbutt or Livia.

[...cut...]
    Discord is pretty good on beginning but when you hit areas with massive aoe dmg/lot of pulls/harder dungeons or quest lines it will fall apart (for example GW:Beyond, WoC questline / DoA / both 12 man's dungeons (Urgoz/The Deep) in Factions) thats why i prefer something more tanky with huge amount of aoe healing + massive unmitigated dmg (modified spiritway).

Becouse i play as warrior i use some support melee skill in those builds :

heroes :

Me/Rt (melee denial)- inteptitude mesmer : OQhkAoB8AGK0LwKACYeWGAJwy3FD
    Me/Mo (caster denial)- panic mesmer : OQBDAqwDO0gcQGY6Z6GCFhlP
    E/Rt - SoS healer : OghjwMhsIPXzyZ1kZKNncDzqHA
    N/Rt - PoD healer (with weaken armor) : OAhjYgHaIPSzJ3wccaHsEP1qKA
    N/Rt - AotL MM (with spirit weapon) : OAhkUwGYoIqkcQVAagC4Wo3EGzFD
    Rt/P - SoGM Rit : OAmjAykqJOfzN3ZLan5c2OzaMA
    Rt/Mo - St rit : OAOjAyhDJPYTrX48x1SgmOzkLA

i (love axes thats why i prefer it over any sword build):

W/A (warriors endurance/cyclone/ww axe) : OQASEZJTCFda7gKFRF2Ftlxg

You can get 30/50 rather easily. Doable in 1.5 month with enough dedication. The points only become hard to get once you get past 40/50. But I would rather play GW1 for the story than HoM ... nightfall+original campain are really good.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.