Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    I don't want GW2 to go to China.

    Those people ruin MMO's with account theft and gold selling. Yes, I know they aren't the only ones that do it, but we all know that Asia is the majority of the problem when it comes to gold selling and hacked accounts.
    What a moronic thing to say. Whether the game is available in China or not, there will still be gold farmers and account hackers. This is where VPNs and proxies come in.

  2. #42
    Warchief Kallanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Your argument has no merit. Mine actually does. We have proof that Asia even HIRES people to farm all day to sell their gold, and hacking accounts is part of the job. Everyone whines, no matter what country they're from, try not to be so obnoxious next time.
    Who buys the gold though love?
    I think we should ban the Americans and the Europeans because they buy gold, giving jobs to the people who farm gold and creating a market for stolen accounts.

    All in all it's a rather shallow argument, and kinda offensive because you're putting a bunch of people in the same boat and just because they live in a specific country they shouldn't be allowed to play the game?

  3. #43
    Pretty sure I read some statistics that the majority of online gaming crime/fraud actually comes from Russia.
    Sadly it's an often perpetuated stereotype that it comes from China...mostly I think because of the quality of language used in the scams....for some reason ppl have just come to associate it with Asia.

    Regardless.....what's the point in stereotyping it? Being a jerk and stealing someone's gaming has nothing to do with where they're from...they're a jerk no matter where they're from.
    Hate the term Chinese goldselller....u condemn a country and the act at the same time and it's completely senseless.....much the same as I hate fat American, arrogant French, tea-drinking brit.....whatever.
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Leben View Post
    What a moronic thing to say. Whether the game is available in China or not, there will still be gold farmers and account hackers. This is where VPNs and proxies come in.
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011..._china,1.shtml

    As I clearly stated, yes it will still happen from other areas. But China is the untouched leader in this subject.

    Kinda like Brazil is the reigning champ in hacking FPS's like COD(In the Americas). We all know others do it..but there are some countries that go out of their way.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-09 at 03:22 PM.

  5. #45
    Warchief Kallanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Pretty sure I read some statistics that the majority of online gaming crime/fraud actually comes from Russia.
    Sadly it's an often perpetuated stereotype that it comes from China...mostly I think because of the quality of language used in the scams....for some reason ppl have just come to associate it with Asia.

    Regardless.....what's the point in stereotyping it? Being a jerk and stealing someone's gaming has nothing to do with where they're from...they're a jerk no matter where they're from.
    Hate the term Chinese goldselller....u condemn a country and the act at the same time and it's completely senseless.....much the same as I hate fat American, arrogant French, tea-drinking brit.....whatever.
    Shhh SB, get out of this thread with your logic. =D

  6. #46
    i doubt the game will do any good in china if chinese are anything like koreans


    koreans dont like casual garbagefest mmos,they like grindy mmos.and guild wars 2 doesnt seem to look like a grindfest,eather way.alot of people ive heard with the whole nexon and ncsoft thing seem to be eather getting it wrong,or i heard wrong.because nexon bought ncsoft.ncsoft didnt buy nexon

    Constructive criticism is fine, but calling a game a "casual garbagefest" isn't constructive. That's game bashing, and that's against forum rules. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-09 at 06:31 PM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    i doubt the game will do any good in china if chinese are anything like koreans


    koreans dont like casual garbagefest mmos,they like grindy mmos.and guild wars 2 doesnt seem to look like a grindfest,eather way.alot of people ive heard with the whole nexon and ncsoft thing seem to be eather getting it wrong,or i heard wrong.because nexon bought ncsoft.ncsoft didnt buy nexon
    Pretty sure Nexon only has something like 13%. That's not exactly buying a company out.

    edit: 14.7%

    TOKYO, June 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NEXON Co., Ltd. ("Nexon") (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online games, today announced that it has made a strategic investment in NCsoft Corporation ("NCsoft") (036570.SE), a global online game developer and publisher. Nexon today acquired 3,218,091 shares of NCsoft in a private transaction from Chairman, CEO, and Founder Taek Jin Kim at a price per share of KRW 250,000 in cash, for a total acquisition cost of KRW 804,522,750,000. As a result of this transaction, Nexon has become NCsoft's largest shareholder with a share ownership of 14.7 percent.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-09 at 06:00 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    i doubt the game will do any good in china if chinese are anything like koreans


    koreans dont like casual garbagefest mmos,they like grindy mmos.and guild wars 2 doesnt seem to look like a grindfest,eather way.alot of people ive heard with the whole nexon and ncsoft thing seem to be eather getting it wrong,or i heard wrong.because nexon bought ncsoft.ncsoft didnt buy nexon
    mmm gw2 is pretty grindy. besides the korean version is launching the same time as ours i think?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    mmm gw2 is pretty grindy. besides the korean version is launching the same time as ours i think?
    No, it really isn't. For both things. I don't even think there is a Korean version of GW2.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Pretty sure I read some statistics that the majority of online gaming crime/fraud actually comes from Russia.
    Sadly it's an often perpetuated stereotype that it comes from China...mostly I think because of the quality of language used in the scams....for some reason ppl have just come to associate it with Asia.

    Regardless.....what's the point in stereotyping it? Being a jerk and stealing someone's gaming has nothing to do with where they're from...they're a jerk no matter where they're from.
    Hate the term Chinese goldselller....u condemn a country and the act at the same time and it's completely senseless.....much the same as I hate fat American, arrogant French, tea-drinking brit.....whatever.
    There is a movie stereotype that dates back decades over here of Chinese broken English. Sentences strung together missing half the words we'd normally expect and with unusual word order with a thick Chinese accent. Lacking the accent over the interwebs just the broken English often jumps to that stereotype even if its a trait shared by other languages. Also does not help that alot of older movies depicted the china-man of peddling junk and often being a nuisance to the protagonist. Not a fair assessment but stereotypes rarely are.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 12:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    No, it really isn't. For both things. I don't even think there is a Korean version of GW2.
    Might have a language localized version for them. Cant say I've been all that intrested to find out.

    Who is John Galt?

  11. #51
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    I don't want GW2 to go to China.

    Those people ruin MMO's with account theft and gold selling. Yes, I know they aren't the only ones that do it, but we all know that Asia is the majority of the problem when it comes to gold selling and hacked accounts.
    Ok, look at it this way:
    -you have a population of 1 billion people living in same country
    -you have a population of 1 billion people living inside the EU+USA together.

    If each of these have the same amount of people playing, let's assume there's 100 million people playing games. Let's also assume, for easy calculations, that there's 1 million hackers, goldsellers and the crap around them. You get the point.

    This means that for a population of 1 billion people, 1 million hack and cheat etc. However, since China has a larger population, they have more cheaters and hackers. So, my point is, the chinese aren't evil people, but because they're more in numbers, there's more hackers and the such of chinese origin. But the percent can be the same, just that in Europe and USA there's less people overall.

    So no, Asia is not the majority of gold selling and hacked accounts, just that Asia is bigger in population then Europe and USA and as such stands out more since if you meet 10 hackers and one is polish, one is hungarian, three are french, one is spanish, two are british and two are greek you don't say "man, those europeans are such hackers and cheaters!" do you? No, you do not. But when looking at the chinese, they're one country, so if you see three from Beijing, two from... Xuanxou, one from Xiang, etc, you don't think "those are from different provinces, there's no connection", you think "man, those are all chinese!". Also, yes, I kind of invented most of the names of towns/provinces.

  12. #52
    as long as the chinese don't get to play on US servers, who cares.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    as long as the chinese don't get to play on US servers, who cares.
    Well, they already can. Oops?

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011..._china,1.shtml

    As I clearly stated, yes it will still happen from other areas. But China is the untouched leader in this subject.

    Kinda like Brazil is the reigning champ in hacking FPS's like COD(In the Americas). We all know others do it..but there are some countries that go out of their way.
    ...

    I think what you are missing, is that some dude in China can buy an NA or EU copy of GW2 and play it from China through a VPN/Proxy redirect and do all that awesome botting/hacking/gold farming whatever on the US/EU servers. A Chinese version of the game just makes it available to legit players who want to play in China with less lag, localized speech/text and not having to spoof their way onto a US/EU server.
    Corsair 500r - [email protected] - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

  15. #55
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,735
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  16. #56
    High Overlord Frostea23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I hope this is a sign ArenaNet is doing rather well It would be/is refreshing to see another MMO company prosper, especially since this has been the first MMO in years that I have stuck with and enjoyed long-term.

    Semi-off-topic: kinda curious what ArenaNet's monetary earnings from GW2's gem store have been. Now that I've landed a job, I am considering actually buying gems with real cash sometime to support one of my favorite gaming companies.
    Waste not, want not.

  17. #57
    Might be a huge hit to ___ subscribers in china in a few years depending on how GW2 keeps growing its content. Interesting to see they are advertising things like Wintersday, Halloween events, Isnt the chinese government pretty strict? Didnt think they would allow some of this stuff.

    Good to see this getting some legs. Hopefully they launch in August.

  18. #58
    YAY GW2 goes to china, WOW what a success but if WoW has any success in Asian countries suddenly their player count is irrelevant and its dying. hypocrits.

    You should know the drill by now. This is neither productive nor really on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-04-21 at 07:21 AM.

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Might be a huge hit to ___ subscribers in china in a few years depending on how GW2 keeps growing its content. Interesting to see they are advertising things like Wintersday, Halloween events, Isnt the chinese government pretty strict? Didnt think they would allow some of this stuff.

    Good to see this getting some legs. Hopefully they launch in August.

    Oh, I imagine it'll be sooner than that. I mean, the game is good to go, they would just need to polish any language/translation stuff and test the server infrastructure.
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    YAY GW2 goes to china, WOW what a success but if WoW has any success in Asian countries suddenly their player count is irrelevant and its dying. hypocrits.
    Its irrelevant when compared to games that dont launch in those nations. People like to compare WoW's total playerbase (NA/EU/KR/BR/CH) to games like Swtor who launched in (US/EU). Its not a fair comparison when your comparing the two sizes. Ones going to be way larger than the other because its available in more places. And ppl like to make the arguement against games that start out with a 2mil+ playerbase but thats actually a good number for NA/EU. Remember MoP sold 3.1 mil copies first week. Thats prolly around the size of the NA/EU playerbase. 2 mil is not such a bad number for a starter MMO in NA/EU.

    I expect Wildstar and TESO to give similar results seeing as GW2 was also 2mil day one. Also wonder about GW2's Chinese business model. Will it be B2P? Sub based like WoW where you pay for game time? Isnt it like most ppl dont own computers in china so they play at Cafe's right? Should be interesting how Revenue will work. Specially since the Gem store doesnt have P2W items and it doesnt have much cosmetic gear. And i know Asian MMO's love their cosmetics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •