Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3DS taking away from wii u?

I have a feeling we're going to miss out on a potentially really great type of "Super Mario 64 - 2" for the Wii U because of Mario 3d/64 on the handheld. Nintendo seems to be really stubborn with their games for example keeping Pokemon pretty much only on there handhelds....when they could be making hundreds of millions putting Pokemon on all the other systems.

Why does Nintendo limit themselves so much

Did you not play Mario Galaxy or Mario Galaxy 2
    They clearly aren't averse to making more 3D Mario games, don't be so utterly ridiculous

They've also had a 3D Pokemon game on every console system they released to date

They make games around systems not the one-size-fits-all of just about every other developer. That's why they're so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Did you not play Mario Galaxy or Mario Galaxy 2
    They clearly aren't averse to making more 3D Mario games, don't be so utterly ridiculous

They've also had a 3D Pokemon game on every console system they released to date
    He means good 3d pokemon games.
    Coliseum. Not trash like Pokepark, or whatever kid game was on the wii.

NOTHING SHALL EVER BEAT COLISEUM, but they are stupid to not have it on the Wii.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

They make pretty intense 3d mario games on the consoles. They could probably get a Super Mario Sunshine port on 3DS, but maybe not bigger games like Mario Galaxy 2. There will likely be one for the Wii, Galaxy or not.

Pokemon works well on handhelds. There could be more Colosseum-like games to go with all the spin-offs, but adding the main series to consoles isn't necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    They make games around systems not the one-size-fits-all of just about every other developer. That's why they're so good.
    σ_σ
    I don't even.

Why do people defend them anymore, their useby date has passed. They don't want to share any profits by putting it on more than one console, etc.

You want to know what's successful? One size fits all, it works, makes sense, and lets heaps of people play it, rather than just the people who buy a console for just 3 good games.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Pokemon is the handheld seller, I don't see why they would jeopardize that by putting it on a console all of a sudden when forever it's been handheld exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Why do people defend them anymore, their useby date has passed.
    No one should defend them because I don't like them!

He means good 3d pokemon games.
    Coliseum. Not trash like Pokepark, or whatever kid game was on the wii.

NOTHING SHALL EVER BEAT COLISEUM, but they are stupid to not have it on the Wii.
    I was talking about this although it is admittedly missing a campaign.

His argument is flawed though, because he says "Nintendo don't make 3D mario games" when they've made two very very recently. And they are clearly going to make more.

σ_σ
    I don't even.

Why do people defend them anymore, their useby date has passed. They don't want to share any profits by putting it on more than one console, etc.

You want to know what's successful? One size fits all, it works, makes sense, and lets heaps of people play it, rather than just the people who buy a console for just 3 good games.
    Their primary focus isn't draining your wallet. Unlike some other companies, they still make games to be fun.

They've been pretty successful, though. Not everyone hates the Wii and its games like you seem to. You not liking them isn't much of a ground to say they don't deserve any defense.

σ_σ
    I don't even.

Can you remember the last poorly-reviewed main series Nintendo game that got released?

I don't give even one fuck about sales in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Their primary focus isn't draining your wallet. Unlike some other companies, they still make games to be fun.

They've been pretty successful, though. Not everyone hates the Wii and its games like you seem to. You not liking them isn't much of a ground to say they don't deserve any defense.
    bullshit.

they're reporting losses.

true, its their actions towards their fans that does that.

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 04:39 AM ----------

Can you remember the last poorly-reviewed main series Nintendo game that got released?

I don't give even one fuck about sales in this case.
    kid Icarus.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    kid Icarus.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/kid-icarus-uprising

Really poorly reviewed. Yep. "Generally favorable reviews" and an 83 is just awful.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/kid-icarus-uprising

Really poorly reviewed. Yep. "Generally favorable reviews" and an 83 is just awful.
    metacritic, a trustworthy site.
    http://www.metacritic.com/movie/transformers

metacritic, a trustworthy site.
    http://www.metacritic.com/movie/transformers
    http://www.metacritic.com/movie/tran...-of-the-fallen

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/tran...rk-of-the-moon

Which pretty much coincides with the majority of reviews I've read for all three.

It's the best broad-spectrum place to gauge critical reception, bar none.

If they're smart they'll have a good first party launch lineup for the Wii U and they won't make the same mistake they did with the 3DS. I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T have a Mario game in the launch lineup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed to an extent. New Super Mario Bros U looks to be a quick launch game cash in JUST to have a Mario game there. Luigi's Mansion 2 made for the Wii U launch would have been a better choice IMO and look much much much better and would most likely showcase the awesome tablet better. New Super Mario Bros 2 for the 3DS looks to be the better game of the two and the one I'm buying (along with a 3DS XL upgrade). I'm also waiting until next year to snag the Wii U, launch titles look "bleh" to me. It will be the first time since 1996 that I've passed on a Nintendo console/handheld launch.

As for the Pokemon games on consoles, yes I agree, the presentation would be more epic and would probably push the series forward more. That being said, don't expect that to happen unless their next handheld bites the dust early due to smartphone saturation (which is a very realistic proposition 3-4 years from now), because they just love gouging the kiddies with the same game twice. I'm also kinda pissed that Black&White 2 wouldn't be on the 3DS as it would have been a graphical leap forward right there.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

true, its their actions towards their fans that does that.
    Yup. And Nintendo's actions to their fans is amazing, not sure what you're getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yup. And Nintendo's actions to their fans is amazing, not sure what you're getting at.
    that would assume that the fans they've been making actions towards positively are they same that they made their bread and butter on.

assumptions are seldom accurate.

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 05:44 AM ----------

as to the point of the thread: no, nintendo is known for doing several games under the same titles on several of their platforms.

that would assume that the fans they've been making actions towards positively are they same that they made their bread and butter on.

assumptions are seldom accurate.
    You're the one assuming.

I played with Nintendo consoles since I was born. Owned the original Game Boy back then, own a 3DS right now. No regrets.
    Seems like we can say this assumption is at least partially true.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral