Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    After I asked the question, I searched all over for the answer. You are the only person I have seen say that you can have multiple Sacred Shields on one person. EVERYBODY else that I've seen post has said that you can't. I haven't seen a blue post and haven't downloaded the beta, so I can't test it. Have you actually tested this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzhoof View Post
    After I asked the question, I searched all over for the answer. You are the only person I have seen say that you can have multiple Sacred Shields on one person. EVERYBODY else that I've seen post has said that you can't. I haven't seen a blue post and haven't downloaded the beta, so I can't test it. Have you actually tested this?

I just tested it.. And I'm sad to say that i was Wrong.. The Strongest Sacred Shield will REPLACE the other one on the same target..
    I tested it on early Beta, and back then you were able to do it so.. but now that i've found this out.. Sacred shield is even weaker compared to the other talents in that tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    I just tested it.. And I'm sad to say that i was Wrong.. The Strongest Sacred Shield will REPLACE the other one on the same target..
    I tested it on early Beta, and back then you were able to do it so.. but now that i've found this out.. Sacred shield is even weaker compared to the other talents in that tier.
    well it's better than PW:S locking out other priests' PW:S's because of the weakened soul debuff .
    if more than one paladin is using this ability in a group they just need to coordinate who shields whom.
    and other than the tier needs to be number tweaked a bit, the mechanic of Holy Shield is solid.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-07-16 at 03:34 PM.

So Eternal Flame for Prot 25 raiding. Kind of sad that there is a "best" option, but selfless healer was trash for Prot anyways so not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzhoof View Post
    So Eternal Flame for Prot 25 raiding. Kind of sad that there is a "best" option, but selfless healer was trash for Prot anyways so not a big deal.
    There still isn't a "best" option. Sacred Shield only conflicts if you're going to overlap with another paladin in the raid. If you're raiding 25's, I'm guessing you have the forethought to coordinate with healers enough to say "don't waste your SS on me, I've got it".

Selfless Healer is still viable for Prot as well, especially if you're maxing out your self-healing. We'll use Judgement either on, or close to, CD. The buff will be up frequently, and in periods of low damage we can toss it out to other raid members to assist in healing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    as of the state right now, prot paladin should choose sacred shield and holy eternal flame.