Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What Im looking forward to the most is:

Auction house - The ability to place buy and sell orders are just brilliant. Im gonna make so much money!

Horizontal gear progression - Gone are the days that I HAVE to farm. Now I can farm when I want to without being undergeared the next time they add content. Im also looking forward to farming 14 sets of gear just to be able to change look more often then I change underwear.

I also hope the game will contain as much grinding as GW1. I just love farming titles and cosmetic stuff.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2012-07-15 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Vertical gear progression
    Not to nit pick, but "Horizontal gear progression" is the correct term. Vertical would be what WoW has.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Not to nit pick, but "Horizontal gear progression" is the correct term. Vertical would be what WoW has.
    Thats not really nit picking though. Two totally different things and you were correct that it was horizontal I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I won't have to sink 4 hours 3 nights a week (more if it's a new patch) to raid. I definitely will not miss raiding. Fuck dat shit.
    agree 100%

I wasn't interested in playing a DPS because after waiting over a hour in dungeon-ques I was too frustrated to go on
    I wasn't interested in playing a Healer, because all I did was race through dungeons trying desperately to keep everyone alife while DD-geared Tanks didn't care about anything.

so I played a Tank, which I loved... in dungeons
    Then people needed a Tank for raids and fun --> 0
    -) I had to play hours and hours because people needed me as an off-tank.
    -) I coudn't leave when I wanted because the other 9 guys were screwed.
    -) I didn't get the best tank-loot, because the maintank needed those.
    -) I had to plan my life after a pc-game
    -) when something goes wrong, it was always someone else to blame: tanks blame healers, healers blame tanks and DPS blame healers anyway.

screw raiding

Dev's with a different philosophy and state of mind.

1. Platforming Puzzles
    2. sPVP
    3. Costumes and outfits in the store

Quote Originally Posted by garraeth View Post
    Dev's with a different philosophy and state of mind.
    So much of this, right here.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Thats not really nit picking though. Two totally different things and you were correct that it was horizontal I meant.
    I just don't want to be misconstrued as rude.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    free to play
    playable plants
    amazing graphics
    amazing story
    dynamic events
    WvsWvsW
    no trinity
    being responsible for yourself
    less gear grind
    jumping puzzles
    exploration is worth it

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to smack everyone who put "free to play" in the face. ITS NOT FREE TO PLAY. Free to play are those crappy games you download and play without pulling out your credit card; GW2 is quality entertainment that requires pulling out your credit card once, instead of monthly.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I want to smack everyone who put "free to play" in the face. ITS NOT FREE TO PLAY. Free to play are those crappy games you download and play without pulling out your credit card; GW2 is quality entertainment that requires pulling out your credit card once, instead of monthly.
    You sir. Need a reality check. Stop being part of the problem with today's gamers and drop the unfounded snobbish attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything already stated, and all the friends i will make and those whom will return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    You sir. Need a reality check. Stop being part of the problem with today's gamers and drop the unfounded snobbish attitude.
    You know, I feel like he was parodying the common GW2 fan that says otherwise, but perhaps I'm reading false sarcasm into his diction.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-07-16 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    You know, I feel like he was parodying the common GW2 fan that says otherwise, but perhaps I'm reading false sarcasm into his diction.
    I sure hope so. There are quality free to play games out there. Not many quality free to play MMOs at the moment, but he did not specify MMOs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    1) Free-to-play: A very good option. Paying only to purchase the game and being able to play it for free is the best!
    The game isn't free to play. The model is called buy to play. You buy the game, and you'll be able to play the game. Like D3, TL2, CoD series, GW, and now GW2. Its an old model, but many MMOs use P2P (pay to play) and F2P (free to play).

3) Fun: Sadly WoW is rapidly losing its fun-factor for me. I've been through many races and classes, levelled and even bought accounts, tried to get into raids but unable to (because of player-elitism, bad timing, or allegedly being underpowered).
    Fun is highly subjective. Why would you buy accounts in WoW? That is against ToS. As WoW player if you are a good player and you PuG you will eventually meet people who are like minded. Many players however are unrealistic about their own quality.

I just hope that GW2 is as good as it is said to be.
    One can try it out in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Yeah, a little sad that as a thief I'll only get a few. Then again, I'm used to it, having been a priest in WoW. I mean, what could I get? Val'anir, that's about it.
    DTR would like to have a word with you. That's 2 legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    agree 100%

I wasn't interested in playing a DPS because after waiting over a hour in dungeon-ques I was too frustrated to go on
    I wasn't interested in playing a Healer, because all I did was race through dungeons trying desperately to keep everyone alife while DD-geared Tanks didn't care about anything.
    Bollocks. What you described from healer POV is called speedrun/zerg/whatever and its quite common. If you cannot outheal it communicate.

If you're a good DD you can build up a good friend list from other players in your realm (even other DD) and run with them, or guild members. If you queue with other good DD you clear the content easier, and if you queue with a healer or tank who knows how to play you get also a quicker queue.

There's a few possibilities which are more likely than what you assert:

• You're a baddie, or mediocre player believing they're the best. Common among new players.
    • You play on a realm with lots of baddies, or have been unable to find the right people on the realm, or lack the social skills to find the correct people (baddies are everywhere).
    • You seriously lack in communication skills. E.g. if tank is in DD gear, talk to them. If tank pulls w/o you having enough mana, talk to them. If he still keeps pulling, let him pull and leave (he does not respect you).

so I played a Tank, which I loved... in dungeons
    Then people needed a Tank for raids and fun --> 0
    -) I had to play hours and hours because people needed me as an off-tank.
    -) I coudn't leave when I wanted because the other 9 guys were screwed.
    -) I didn't get the best tank-loot, because the maintank needed those.
    -) I had to plan my life after a pc-game
    -) when something goes wrong, it was always someone else to blame: tanks blame healers, healers blame tanks and DPS blame healers anyway.

screw raiding
    You played with some very immature players. You don't have to plan your life at all around a PC game. You could've cleared FL 7/7 HC if you were a casual raiding guild provided you are a good player who's playing with other good players. If you got 2 tanks and only the MT gets geared but the OT never gets any gear that is dumb from the management; a guild a problem. That's why we run with a druid tank + a plate with one of our melee DPS having tank OS.

FWIW, I hate tanking in dungeons with LFD. The DD are underperforming (dying because they cannot follow some simple tactics) and this means slow runs. I do like tanking with premades and guildies though. They know that crap like underperforming and ninja pulling means I will simply leave, and we're usually on vchat to to improve communication when required or have some fun during otherwise boring content.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    DTR would like to have a word with you. That's 2 legendaries.
    A "Priest" without the prefix of "Shadow" generally infers a healing priest (2 out of the three specs). Tell an Enhancement Shaman that he can have Val'anyr and Dragonwrath as legendaries, so he doesn't need a new one.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    A "Priest" without the prefix of "Shadow" generally infers a healing priest (2 out of the three specs). Tell an Enhancement Shaman that he can have Val'anyr and Dragonwrath as legendaries, so he doesn't need a new one.
    ??? who told you that? A priest has 3 specs: discipline, holy, and shadow.

Just because some people play priest as healer doesn't mean every priest is healer.

Just because two of those 3 priest specs are healing doesn't mean a priest refers to healing.

One can have 2 of the 3 specs meaning (assuming not twice same spec) there is a 17% chance a priest has no DD spec.

I play a priest, and I am shadow priest. I only heal if I have to, but generally I don't like it, and if I do I prefer to do damage during low incoming damage (e.g. atonement or red chakra). I have no problem whatsoever helping our healers out when I can though.

There's tons of shadow priests who prefer shadow. And no, going warlock or mage or whatever isn't the same as shadow priest. Completely different spec and utility.

Raiding wise, the shadow priest is very competitive if not one of the better DD (I am one of top DPS in guild). We also provide utility on fights like Baleroc HC and Madness HC making us a preferred spec on fights like these.

So us players who play priest had 2 legendaries. Us players who only play healer (not me, but some of my guildies do) however had only 1 legendary. A completely valid point! That point is however true for even a druid or shaman or pala who only heals or plays in a guild as healer; it isn't unique to priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to Legendaries after watching that video the other day with colin and what's his name.. O M G those weps sound amazzzzzzzzing, a lot of work involved, but i love the concept of anyone can get one if they work it Yeah baby! Rainbow Bow and day/night greatsword here i come O.o

Aside from that everything! LOL

Night and Day legendaries

and about everything the game has to offer and more.

Seriously, i was really excited for the game before the recent talk about endgame and such. Now, most of my time will be spent trying to get those.

Exploring
    Feeling of a fresh MMO
    Competetive PvP
    Minigames
    Hi