Proof that PC "master race" is a myth

Steam sale. The community chose Saints Row 3 and Bioshock 2 over The Witcher 2 and Metro 2033 respectively.

Definitive proof that PC gamers are no less stupid than console gamers. I mean we knew this anyway, but this is proof to those in denial.

Maybe people already own witcher 2 and metro...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor View Post
    Steam sale. The community chose Saints Row 3 and Bioshock 2 over The Witcher 2 and Metro 2033 respectively.

Definitive proof that PC gamers are no less stupid than console gamers. I mean we knew this anyway, but this is proof to those in denial.
    My PC can do everything your console can plus a little more.

No offense intended. I like consoles. Just sayin'.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Just because more people do it doesn't mean it's better. Hey look at what's happened to wow because they wanted to please the masses. yea.

I'm not talking about the functionality of the comparative systems. I'm talking about the elitism that exists where PC gamers feel that they are better than everyone else.

Clearly they aren't, and this, along with MW1, MW2 and MW3 currently being some of the highest played games on Steam is obvious proof. So gone is the myth that owning a PC makes you better than others. Sure it's a better machine, but you might still be an idiot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togasa View Post
    Maybe people already own witcher 2 and metro...
    This.
    Metro 2033 was at least 75% off a few weeks ago, first time (I've seen) saints row on offer.
    And I bought Witcher 2 AGES ago...

And why does it matter what games are voted for? SR3 is just crazy fun and the vote between M2033 and BS2 was 0.4%...
    When it's a vote between big titled games why does it matter :\

Could it be that the premise of your conclusion is false, and that maybe PC gamers were avoiding those games previously because they were overpriced previously?

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Just because more people do it doesn't mean it's better. Hey look at what's happened to wow because they wanted to please the masses. yea.
    What? Do you mean we have more options through transmog, I don't have to sit in trade chat and spam for pugs when I want to do something, and it's a thousand times less boring than it was before? I can live with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to conclude the exclusion of elitism "derp, steam sales were that and that, not that".

also,concluding by MW? I'm not one of them, but a lot of people just wanna play something where you blow others brains out, just sayin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfounded myth usually derived from dick bags arguing on a fan forum somewhere, "nyah nyah my console kick pc's ass", then you realize something they don't, they're complaining on these forums that they accessed and posted in from a PC, probably from their game rig no less.... people talking about how community picked out a game on Steam doesn't "prove" jack shit, for all you know people voting on that shit doesn't even count, you just assume it does.

Why does this need a thread, you're just going to start a whinge fest.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

I don't know metro at all, but I imagine most people who want to play the witcher 2 already have it. it's a very adult game and it's hard, which makes it a niche game aimed at older and smarter people. In other words people who are more knowledgeable and have more money.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Any self respective pc Gamer already bought Metro and Witcher 2 when they were on sale a few months back. (Provided you had the money :P)

So yeah we need some console games to make our pc games to look better. /sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by hermansen View Post
    Way to conclude the exclusion of elitism "derp, steam sales were that and that, not that".

also,concluding by MW? I'm not one of them, but a lot of people just wanna play something where you blow others brains out, just sayin'.
    Once again, I don't disagree. But from my experience there is a shed load of elitism within a large portion of the PC community. Usually aimed at games like COD saying that they are "console games" and aren't worthy of the mighty brains of PC gods.

I like COD. I play COD. I'm merely pointing out the irony that the vocal portion of the PC community clearly do not in any way display the feelings of the whole.

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Unfounded myth usually derived from dick bags arguing on a fan forum somewhere, "nyah nyah my console kick pc's ass", then you realize something they don't, they're complaining on these forums that they accessed and posted in from a PC, probably from their game rig no less.... people talking about how community picked out a game on Steam doesn't "prove" jack shit, for all you know people voting on that shit doesn't even count, you just assume it does.

Why does this need a thread, you're just going to start a whinge fest.
    Your last part is overly sceptical. For all I know the I might just be a brain in a vat. I have to assume that Valve is trustworthy, just as I have to assume the external world exists in order to function (that's some Hume).

Deleted
    Clearly they aren't, and this, along with MW1, MW2 and MW3 currently being some of the highest played games on Steam is obvious proof. So gone is the myth that owning a PC makes you better than others. Sure it's a better machine, but you might still be an idiot.
    So like MW 3 on Xbox 360 having over 120k concurrent users online (over 3 times more than the PC version) makes the PC gamers look retarded? It's currently the 6th (just barely having more players than CIV V) most played game on steam with MW2 being on 11th spot, so I wouldn't say that they're 'some of the highest played games on Steam'

10+ Year Old Account
    PC "master race" never existed. It's self-proclaimed.

10+ Year Old Account
    There shouldn't be anyone turning their noses up at console games on the PC. Part of the reason that PC gaming had such a down few years was because there was damn near nothing to play.

I'm not talking about the functionality of the comparative systems. I'm talking about the elitism that exists where PC gamers feel that they are better than everyone else.

I really don't get your point. If MW1, MW2 and MW3 are highest played games on Steam, how does it prove that owning a PC doesn't make me better than you?

Deleted
    Witcher 2 was a polish trash game and metro 2033 wasn't a good game in anyone's eyes

CoD has been rehash after rehash after rehash for years now. Doesn't support any kind of mods, doesn't have any custom maps that i've seen. And expensive ass DLC. I bailed ship on that after COD4 with the introduction of the crappy perks system. If I wanted to play a game where someone had better stuff then me when I started playing i'd play an RPG game.

And the match making system sucks. Give me dedicated servers.

And all this came from...................consoles.
    Last edited by SoulForge; 2012-07-14 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, this topic does not open up room for anything productive.
    If you want to discuss games, please either seek out a megathread for that game or create a new thread if you can't find one.
    We do not allow platform vs platform wars and this just invites people to start one of those.
    And starting out a thread with the sole purpose of calling everyone stupid is a really bad idea in the first place.

Locked.