Thread: New Launcher

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If you're really THAT concerned, can't you just get a virtual keyboard? More secure than simply copy and pasting (since most keyloggers will read that anyways) and you won't have to worry about not being able to copy/paste. Or you know, just run Malware Bytes before typing in your password every time you switch between accounts. Since if you actually get a keylogger, copy and pasting won't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Yes, and to check if they left the servers on.
    It actually happened once lol, it was before the BWE that was before BWE1. A few days before the event the servers were up for like 30-60 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It actually happened once lol, it was before the BWE that was before BWE1. A few days before the event the servers were up for like 30-60 minutes.
    Now you told me that, I must keep trying to log on! =O

You could always, say if your password is password, type it like... word and then return to the start and finish with pass. It'll come off as wordpass, but the password is password.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    You mean the invite only stress test that wasn't invite only?
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-07-16 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You mean the invite only tress test that wasn't invite only?
    There's that too, but it was a couple nights before the BWE in March. It was like 7pm pdt on a Wednesday and for whatever reason the servers were open for a small period of time.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-07-16 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You could always, say if your password is password, type it like... word and then return to the start and finish with pass. It'll come off as wordpass, but the password is password.
    If you are THAT worried about keyloggers there is definitely a more important issue to address.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Typing it once is still riskier than never type it.

Most keyloggers dont copy the clipboard, so ANet should really change the launcher so it allows copy and paste.

Also, some people play more than one account in their pc (because they have brothers or any other familiy member that play).

Allowing copy and paste of passwords is a security meassure. ANet should look into it.
    Um unless your opening dodgy links in emails, visiting dodgy sites(via dodgy links), etc then i really would not worry about keyloggers, in my 16 odd years of using the net and a PC i have never ever had a keylogger or serious virus. Never, even way back then when the net first came to light and security compared to today was pretty much lol worthy. If you are that worried about keyloggers then i suggest you look more into how to be safe online.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Hehe I think I open the launcher at least once a day. I've caught myself doing it without even realizing it too!
    yep just making sure i am good to go come friday i plan to play most if not all of the weekend.

going to add this link with details of the next beta weekend they posted earlyer.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/whats-new-...-weekend-event
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-07-17 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another update just got pushed.
    76 MB.

Launcher now gives a "not authorised or no event" message instead of "error 9".
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-07-17 at 01:57 AM.