Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, I've been 8/8H for months and Ulduar was harder / more fun on norm. Other Games??

Hello. I've been raiding since the first days of 3.0.

Currently i'm 8/8H on my dk and i would be on my druid, pally, mage, rogue etc.... exctept... I dont want to.... DS is AMAZINGLY boring...
    I think the problem is.. theres no allure.. nothing.. oh you wanna do heroic madness. ok get the right comp... some gear.. and there u go its nefred so no worries.

BACK IN ULDUAR.. It took MONTHS to get through it... (to be honest i think i paid more attention to where i was and what abilities i used more back then)
    In Ulduar I WAS SO CURIOUS to see what the next boss had to offer.

The allure.. the journey... the curiosity has been DELETED.

Que for LFR. FACE SMASH KEYBOARD or AFK... SEE ALL CONTENT LIKE A CHEAT CODE.

Very sad.

My Question after all of this and KNOWING blizz won't change it back is... Are there any other games that are coming out / are out that have the old school epicness that wow doesn't have anymore?
    I'm looking for something that takes REALLY long to get to max level and when you are at max level.. its not just faceroll all 410/416 gear AAAAAAAAAAAND ur done GG wait for next patch.
    Last edited by cquirki; 2012-07-14 at 04:55 PM.

Wouldn't that be any of the Korean\Asian based MMOs ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently the only thing I've been able to find that has the traditional MMO formula of time + effort = reward is Project 1999 Everquest. All the other games adopted this instant gratification model that WoW has.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Wouldn't that be any of the Korean\Asian based MMOs ?
    In a way yes, However OP would likely be bored from grinding hmm.. maybe not haha!

You can't get the "epic feeling" of a new game back in an old game. Once you've done content, that's it, it's done.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing...

ITs not nostalgia. its honest boredome. IS the future of me playing wow literally raiding until its so nerfed and ez a caveman could do it? that puts me right out of a game.........

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cquirki View Post
    ITs not nostalgia. its honest boredome. IS the future of me playing wow literally raiding until its so nerfed and ez a caveman could do it? that puts me right out of a game.........
    Well yeah it is, It's how It's been for awhile now. Thought you would be use too it depending on how long you've raided. An example 7 years here and of course I was going to get bored and retire eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You can't get the "epic feeling" of a new game back in an old game. Once you've done content, that's it, it's done.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing...
    The problem isnt that i've done it... because i hadnt DONE DS before i did it... the fact is that it was hundreds of times easier than other raids that were WAY mroe fun SOLEly because it was hard to get to.

Everyone wins the lottery. AM i rich? well no.. because rich is relative.
    EVERYONE downs normal ds that has ever stepped into it.. am i good? well no because good is relative.

You see, with the unimaginably easy content we have.. theres a cap to how much u can do.

With me... for MONTHS ive been without a game.. its just wrong.
    Last edited by cquirki; 2012-07-14 at 05:03 PM.

No its not nostalgia, i remember even back in ICC there was a much more present feeling of excitement and joy just to be in the raid, this was preserved into the heroic mode progression, and was even more present back in the ulduar days. But with LFR, DS (which wasnt the most interesting raid in the first place) has become shallow so much quicker than most of the past raids. I really think the problem is a lack of a time filler, like a RS or a SWP, and LFR. I know a lot of people like LFR, but i will tell you if there was one thing they could remove from the game that i could chose, it would be LFR.

As for other games, ive looked around many times for a MMO with a pve endgame that comes close to WOW, and sadly there really isnt anything that compares. Most MMO's have raids that are like 6 man or something, and thats just not gonna do it for me. I hope that MOP brings better and more interesting raids, and i think it will have a similar timeline of cata, the first patches will be fine until the last one, where after a while we just lose interest in the raid and look forward to the next xpac (this has happened pretty much every xpac)

Try a sandbox mmo like EVE Online. Or if you want something similar to WoW but with more grind try Lineage 2.

So you've been raiding constantly since 3.0. This means you've been raiding since November 2008 (or a month or two after that date). Raiding, playing the same game every day (or near every day), for 4 years.

I dunno about you, but 4 years of playing any game will make you bored of it. Are you sure that it's the game and not just you being burned out?

Take a break. Come back later. You may find you enjoy it a lot more once you've tried out other games. Try out some other MMOs, or take a break from the MMO genre entirely. I've taken a couple of breaks in my WoW life and it really helps keep the magic alive when I return to it, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by cquirki View Post
    The problem isnt that i've done it... because i hadnt DONE DS before i did it... the fact is that it was hundreds of times easier than other raids that were WAY mroe fun SOLEly because it was hard to get to.
    You're saying DS is easy - But have you cleared it on Heroic without the debuff, and in at most normal DS gear?

It's silly to say something is easy when you're playing at an advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see what the OP is saying. Ulduar felt like a dungeon you could explore, like you were in an MMO and raiding something important. DS is like, alright heres the 1st boss, ok heres 2 flight paths to the next 2 bosses with tedious trash, oh FP to next boss, oh ship to next boss, cutscene to next boss, cutscene to final boss. It's a completely different raid than anything that has existed in WoW except single boss raids. It's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar did not take "MONTHS" to clear, actually it is cleared on normal fairly rapidly and the first few bosses in Ulduar on Normal and Herioc were based on gimmicks a la Dragon Soul, I have said this before no raid instance is "hard" outside of a couple of bosses.. In Ulduar it was Fire Fighter and no lights in the darkness then Algalon. In ICC Hard was H LK, H Sindy, in TOC Hard was Anub solely because of the healing debuff in phase 2, In Naxx there were no HM's. Hard in Vanilla was organizing 40 people to not stand in fire.. Hard in TBC for Sunwell was done right tbh the tuning made it to the point that execution had to be perfect otherwise it was a wipe for 95% of the guilds.

As far as EVERYONE downs normal DS that isn't true, the majority of the playerbase doesnt raid.. many guilds don't even report on WOWPROGRESS, and if you look at the numbers only 11% of reporting guilds have a H Madness kill, 100's of guilds only hit 8/8 normal since the 25% DeBuff..

You are generalizing something that has become boring to you, to thousands of other players DS presents a challenge and Blizzard with millions of players can't say Player X is bored so we need to make him happy when players A- W are still progressing..
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You're saying DS is easy - But have you cleared it on Heroic without the debuff, and in at most normal DS gear?

It's silly to say something is easy when you're playing at an advantage.
    Grats on making a tired, played out and down right horrible argument. Might as well say "IF ITS TOO EASY DO IT WITHOUT YOUR WEPS EQUIPED!"
    The nerfs came in week 5 or 6 for DS. so if you were progressing a boss a week, (which is pretty good for heroic) you were still having to face nerfs before you even got to the last boss. They didnt even give people a chance to finish the instance before they pulled the rug out from under them...

Edit: grammar
    Last edited by Dreamwreck; 2012-07-14 at 05:21 PM.

I wish i had played the game earlier. I really do, but I was young and it would have sucked me in, so thankfully i missed out.
    At least its fun for the time being to get all alts geared... easy enough just cap and clear.

PS. I do study nuclear science(not as my profession). And it's not that funny

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ulduar was harder on normal than DS 8/8 HM - which you claim to have been for month - so you are saying pre-buff? Congratz, you are one of 2000 people in WoW who achieved that. I also think you have no idea what you are talking about.

But hey...sign of the times. We used to have the Classic and TBC raiders telling us how hard the old times were, now we have a Wrath raider telling us how epic Wrath was. I am having a good and incredulous laugh here....

Unfortunately I cannot re-commend you a really hard game. Maybe study nuclear science? That stuff in the RL never gets nerfed....

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwreck View Post
    Grats on making a tired, played out and down right horrible argument. Might as well say "IF ITS TOO EASY DO IT WITHOUT YOUR WEPS EQUIPED!"
    The nerfs came in week 5 or 6 for DS. so if you were progressing a boss a week, (which is pretty good for heroic) you were still having to face nerfs before you even got to the last boss. They didnt even give people a chance to finish the instance before they pulled the rug out from under them...

Edit: grammar
    4.3 Was Released on 11/29

5% Nerf was Jan 31st..

That's more than 5 - 6 weeks
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

It's just the general motivation cap there is... its so easy.. gold is a joke... 310 mount used to be something CRAZY to get. Super LEET. Yeah u can buy that now lol.

I've taken breaks here and there(one was 7 months when i moved to argentina). It's just theres very little difference between the rewards of an achiever harcore raider and a casual pugger grinder on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    So you've been raiding constantly since 3.0. This means you've been raiding since November 2008 (or a month or two after that date). Raiding, playing the same game every day (or near every day), for 4 years.

I dunno about you, but 4 years of playing any game will make you bored of it. Are you sure that it's the game and not just you being burned out?

Take a break. Come back later. You may find you enjoy it a lot more once you've tried out other games. Try out some other MMOs, or take a break from the MMO genre entirely. I've taken a couple of breaks in my WoW life and it really helps keep the magic alive when I return to it, so to speak.
    Last edited by cquirki; 2012-07-14 at 05:28 PM.

If you're looking for more difficult raid content and don't mind a subscription, EverQuest 2 and Rift are both pretty good bets. Rift gets consistent content updates and has quite a bit of challenging content in it (and a HUGE expansion coming out this year). EQ2 raid content can be pretty damn tough and there is a TON of is, like, absolute mounds.