Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwreck View Post
    Grats on making a tired, played out and down right horrible argument. Might as well say "IF ITS TOO EASY DO IT WITHOUT YOUR WEPS EQUIPED!"
    The nerfs came in week 5 or 6 for DS. so if you were progressing a boss a week, (which is pretty good for heroic) you were still having to face nerfs before you even got to the last boss. They didnt even give people a chance to finish the instance before they pulled the rug out from under them...

Edit: grammar
    Tired, played out and horrible argument? I'm not arguing, I'm giving the OP something to do. If he thinks it's too easy then make it harder, do it as it should be done?

Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by cquirki View Post
    ITs not nostalgia. its honest boredome. IS the future of me playing wow literally raiding until its so nerfed and ez a caveman could do it? that puts me right out of a game.........
    Have you tried turning off the nerf? I know there's no prestige now, but I hear they're adding in Feats of Strength for clearing future raid content without the buff.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see someone beat me to the punch.

Grats on making a tired, played out and down right horrible argument. Might as well say "IF ITS TOO EASY DO IT WITHOUT YOUR WEPS EQUIPED!"
    The nerfs came in week 5 or 6 for DS. so if you were progressing a boss a week, (which is pretty good for heroic) you were still having to face nerfs before you even got to the last boss. They didnt even give people a chance to finish the instance before they pulled the rug out from under them...

Edit: grammar
    Gear and nerfs are not the same thing. Gear is earned, nerfs are based on specific time intervals. Gear is meant to be used to get through the content while the nerfs are meant to be used by those that spend lots of time banging their head on a boss with little to no progress.

Content is meant to be cleared with you being armed to the teeth. The nerfs are there for those where their gear alone simply isn't enough.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2012-07-14 at 05:56 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Hello. I've been raiding since the first days of 3.0.
    If you're looking for a raiding MMO with the sort of challenge you got back in TBC (and Ulduar) you should try RIFT. I've been playing since launch and the raiding is as good as it ever was in WoW. There is only one difficulty level: challenging. More than two months since launch of the latest 20man there are still only a few guilds to clear it and only a half dozen or so further than 5/8. My own guild who are no slouches are only 3/8 (though soon to be 4/8 ).

So come play RIFT. If you're in the EU I can even set you up with an account

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    If you're looking for a raiding MMO with the sort of challenge you got back in TBC (and Ulduar) you should try RIFT. I've been playing since launch and the raiding is as good as it ever was in WoW. There is only one difficulty level: challenging. More than two months since launch of the latest 20man there are still only a few guilds to clear it and only a half dozen or so further than 5/8. My own guild who are no slouches are only 3/8 (though soon to be 4/8 ).

So come play RIFT. If you're in the EU I can even set you up with an account
    But Rift has roughly 1/10 the population and arguably doesn't have the best raiders\theorycrafters in the world. How accurate is guildprogress.com ? They only show rift with 600 raiding guilds and the last 200 guilds barely have any kills at all. Granted, RIFT may be exactly what the OP is looking for.

OBTW, I'm not arguing against RIFT because of population or sub numbers. Just that if you don't have the same number of people\players attempting content, then it stands to reason that the content would be cleared slower.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-07-14 at 07:10 PM.

Still a ways away, but keep your eye on WildStar. Lots of original WoW devs are behind it, and they have already stated their design philosophy is to cater to the hardcore.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Just that if you don't have the same number of people\players attempting content, then it stands to reason that the content would be cleared slower.
    It would, if you didn't have a number of very serious hardcore guilds from other games raiding in Rift for a while (not sure if they still do). The fights are really just that hard.

I still get excited when I'm done with all 4 keepers' hard modes and on my way to algalon's room on my alts.
    Even if I'm solo that is.

Apart from mechanics, I think open air raid concept is a bad idea. It feels better when you're in an artistic structure.
    And I still can't believe how they said "DW battle will be an epic experience." I really could not spill these words if I knew spine is the same sht in 30 yards square and madness similiar. I think they made a terrible ending for a great villain. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    But Rift has roughly 1/10 the population and arguably doesn't have the best raiders\theorycrafters in the world. How accurate is guildprogress.com ? They only show rift with 600 raiding guilds and the last 200 guilds barely have any kills at all. Granted, RIFT may be exactly what the OP is looking for.

OBTW, I'm not arguing against RIFT because of population or sub numbers. Just that if you don't have the same number of people\players attempting content, then it stands to reason that the content would be cleared slower.
    You'd be surprised at the level of theorycrafting that still goes on, and there are some truly hardcore guilds in RIFT for the precise reason that it is still challenging to raid here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    You'd be surprised at the level of theorycrafting that still goes on, and there are some truly hardcore guilds in RIFT for the precise reason that it is still challenging to raid here.
    And it could very well be true. Maybe all hardcore wow raiders should move over to Rift. And I didn't mean to imply there wasn't any hardcore theorycrafting going on. But If you have 50 people crunching the numbers and you have 5000 people crunching them, odds are pretty good the team with 5000 will crunch better faster. Not always, but it would be a safe 8 out of 10 bet, unless the 5000 are 4999 monkeys.

Sounds like Rift is the place to go.

Rift has good content reminiscent of TBC. I don't really like the game engine, animations or sound effects though. Also a somewhat macro oriented spell priority system on some classes and just macros in general annoy me. Too much magic and not enough might on my beloved plate class as well. Oh and the PvP is pretty lacking.

Good game though, definitely better than Cataclysm.

I'd say RIFT is your best bet if you want endgame that is a) released more quickly and b) more challenging.

It feels like TBC back in the day, and is superior to the garbage that Cataclysm produced.

Hello. I've been raiding since the first days of 3.0.

Currently i'm 8/8H on my dk and i would be on my druid, pally, mage, rogue etc.... exctept... I dont want to.... DS is AMAZINGLY boring...
    I think the problem is.. theres no allure.. nothing.. oh you wanna do heroic madness. ok get the right comp... some gear.. and there u go its nefred so no worries.

BACK IN ULDUAR.. It took MONTHS to get through it... (to be honest i think i paid more attention to where i was and what abilities i used more back then)
    In Ulduar I WAS SO CURIOUS to see what the next boss had to offer.

The allure.. the journey... the curiosity has been DELETED.

Que for LFR. FACE SMASH KEYBOARD or AFK... SEE ALL CONTENT LIKE A CHEAT CODE.

Very sad.

My Question after all of this and KNOWING blizz won't change it back is... Are there any other games that are coming out / are out that have the old school epicness that wow doesn't have anymore?
    I'm looking for something that takes REALLY long to get to max level and when you are at max level.. its not just faceroll all 410/416 gear AAAAAAAAAAAND ur done GG wait for next patch.
    Eve online hands down, While there is a bit of a learning curve, as long as you know how to use a wiki and google nothing in the game really should suprise you, its is as far as i know one of the only MMO's who do not cater to casuals and look more in on thier hardcore crowd than any MMO to date.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot re-commend you a really hard game. Maybe study nuclear science? That stuff in the RL never gets nerfed....
    Hahaha best answer ever.-

OT: It's so sad seeing so many threads about people needing other people telling them what games to play...

I hate to break it to you OP, but you are getting old.

That is all there is to it. Tell your guild to turn the buff off and only use 391 firelands tier if you want a challenge, but you do not want a challenge, you want to make a WoW whine post, so go ahead