Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    It's on RIFT on sale atm, includes the first month for free
    Already have RIFT. I'm just not sure if I want to pay for game time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    I'm not saying the game is bad or doubting you have that feeling. But like I said in my comment, how long will that feeling last? A few months, a year, maybe two? Hopefully the Secret World is good enough in the long run and has a enough content to keep you and everyone else having that same feeling for a long time.
    Read about the free monthly issues? First one "Carter Unleashed" coming out July 31.. already two huge areas in development.. plus "modern prometheus" barbershop.. new game features planned too like pet interaction and cabal housing...seasonal ingame events on Halloween, Winter solistice etc...

for me, that game felt right within one hour of playtime. A warm fuzzy feeling indeed of "OMG I just found my new MMO home for years to come".
    I suggest you get a buddy trial and check it out for yourself. There is hardly a possibility you will not fall in love with TSW. It's truly brilliant in almost every aspect.. quest design..dynamic events... 75vs75vs75 three faction PvP...multiple warzones...sandbox crafting.. huge highly atmospheric open areas... story... immersion.. voiceovers.. music... DX11 and tesselation... and Ragnar Tornquest, a gamedirector who does livestreams and is actively posting fun stuff and infos on the forums.
    Last edited by mmocf0ef34080b; 2012-07-15 at 02:04 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    I'm not saying the game is bad or doubting you have that feeling. But like I said in my comment, how long will that feeling last? A few months, a year, maybe two? Hopefully the Secret World is good enough in the long run and has a enough content to keep you and everyone else having that same feeling for a long time.
    A year is good enough for me, but if it lasts longer, then great. I don't think I would have this same feeling if the MMO wasn't doing something fresh, but if you look at the market, it's pretty special. I've not heard of any other supernatural-oriented story-driven MMOs set in the modern world, especially with a successfully creepy atmosphere.

I get what you're saying though. I played the last 2 beta weekends, and that was enough to convince me that this would be my new MMO at least for a few months. I've been without one, having given up on WoW and everything else. To me, the genre has been stale because everything wants to do it like WoW. And the people developing it, if you've seen them, they genuinely seem to love the project they are working on. That gives me hope.

In order or login/time spent

> Rift
    > The Secret World
    > Aion
    > SWTOR

Not renewing to SWTOR, only playing TSW till I get through the stories and will likely play Rift/Aion until either one is unplayable.

Deleted
    EVE Online is a really good MMORPG if you are into sci-fi and space, but it's totally different than most MMOs mentioned here. It also has the potential to be VERY hardcore and frustrating if you don't know what you're doing.

It's really deep, but not everyone will like it, it's pretty unique.

- DC Universe Online
    - Aion
    - Vindictus
    - Black Prophecy

I have tons more installed, but those are the ones I semi-actively play (mostly DCUO these days).

Others installed:
    - Eden Eternal
    - Global Agenda
    - Rusty Hearts
    - SWTOR
    - World of Tanks
    - WoW

I've cancelled all of my subs though as nothing really feels like it's worth the $15 a month anymore. Especially with so many great titles that are F2P...

Deleted
    Just WoW, no other MMO has kept me interested for more than a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    None at the moment, but I'll get back to wow when the MoP talent patch is released.

EVE Online. PM for extended trial period and I'll give you vent info and we can talk EVE (:

Playing SWTOR, but not that much. Getting plenty of other games through the steam sale atm, so probably even less in the coming weeks.

Just WoW... barely. I have been thinking about going back to Swtor, just for or month, so I can check some of the new content. I'll probably grab GW2 when it comes out in August.

Just WoW. I might go back to Rift as I tried it during launch and was disappointed in it, but it's changed a lot since then. Played SWTOR and it was complete garbage. Still can't believe I wasted all that money buying and subbing for it. Truly the worst MMO I've ever played. I expected more with the budget they had. No amount of features added will make me go back. They should have added all that stuff in the beginning. Too late now. I did play LOTRO for a bit as well when it went F2P. It was enjoyable, but I grew bored of it. WoW is the King of MMO's, so I have no plans on ever stopping. Played since BC and seen a lot of stuff changed over the years, but it's still the best game on the market. GW2 beta was interesting and unique, but I can't see myself playing long term. Hope it does well though. They put a lot of effort into it, so I hope it is a success.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-07-15 at 09:21 PM.

At the moment Rift and that's about it. Not quite an MMO, but when Planetside 2 comes out I will probably play that a fair amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reinstalled rift and Vindictus wasn't playing anything but ps1 games for a while.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Star wars the old republic