Poll: How OCD are you?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Im so OCD that i think it should be called CDO... alphabetically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if its an OCD or not but lets say I turn left whilst walking, then i turn left again and left again my right side of the brain starts feeling weird until i turn RIGHT. and vice versa.

I used to have a minor case of OCD regarding my light switch before I went to sleep every night, I would stand there and continuously flick the light on and off trying to be 100% positive that it would be off, which sometimes took 5 minutes. Another case which I still have is to make sure my window is closed, because my window can slide I would slide the window until it closes and just continue pushing it. My thumb would usually hurt quite a bit after this, and I still do this every night.

Deleted
    I have to use tissue to lift the toilet seat in my own home and ofc publics toilets that I avoid unless I really need too go.
    I have to use clean towel every time I shower my mum goes nuts about it...
    I have to clean clean forks spoons etc even if they been washed b4 I use them
    And I have a mild fear of door handles

Also on antidepressants called citalopram.
    it's hard to explain to family and friends you are a broken person
    Last edited by mmoc8e13fe598c; 2012-07-15 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I have a beverage and some snack , like some chips and a beer, I HAVE to eat a chip after drinking a bit beer. I have to combine two things at once !

So I can't just first eat the full plate of chips and then drink the beer. So in the end if there is 1 chip left , theres also a bit beer left.
    Don't think it's OCD or anything but it's a weird habit I guess.
    You know your addicted to WoW when...

... you go to a funeral, and try to loot the corpse.

Deleted
    I have a WoW OCD... I've got to zoom out my camera distance to max. If the camera goes against a wall or something and zooms in on my character for just a second, I got to spend like 2-5 min zooming it back out. I do this about 50 times a day. I tried different keys to use as my Zoom-out button but doesn't work much better. At one point, I scrolled my mouse-wheel so often and fast that the skin on my fingertip hardened and got a burning sensation, had to spend about 5 min cooling it in ice, only to 10 min later feel unsure if I truly was fully zoomed out and then do it all over again. And this has to be done before I do anything else. It's the first thing I do when I log in. Doesn't matter if it's mid-raid or something, this has to be done first or I go fucking mental and break something.

Whenever I get something new I search for flaws untill I find one, then I get anxiety over that it might break when I use it.

Everything has to lay in order of size, colour, amount of it, how much I like it, how much I use it. And it all has to lay straight / have same amount of space of each side of it.
    Last edited by mmoc45050943f7; 2012-07-15 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Typos.

I don't really suffer to much from OCD. I like things to be ordered and nice when you're doing them, but I don't have a problem with things being messy or out of place.

I know someone who has to line up their TV Remotes with their table perfectly, otherwise they feel dirty. That is just extreme to me ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    Yup, and if it has treasure chests I have to open all of them, and if it has an explorable map I have to explore every corner. That's why I don't play too many RPGs these days, takes too much time.
    Worst part is, I'll loot treasure chests even on the last mission of the game, even knowing that I no longer need gold and I'm 20 minutes away from finishing.
    Putin khuliyo

OCD is a mental illness. Unless you have been diagnosed with it, you do NOT have it. The word you are looking for is paranoid, checking your pockets several times to make sure your keys are in there is not OCD, that's being paranoid and extra careful. When did this whole "lol look at me I'm so OCD I just washed my hands twice in an hour" thing start? It's fucking stupid, to be honest, as it kind of spits in the face of people who actually have OCD and live with the effects of it everyday. It's like saying "Lol I'm so retarded, I sent a dirty text to the wrong person!"

YOU.DO.NOT.HAVE.OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Elohel View Post
    OCD is a mental illness. Unless you have been diagnosed with it, you do NOT have it. The word you are looking for is paranoid, checking your pockets several times to make sure your keys are in there is not OCD, that's being paranoid and extra careful. When did this whole "lol look at me I'm so OCD I just washed my hands twice in an hour" thing start? It's fucking stupid, to be honest, as it kind of spits in the face of people who actually have OCD and live with the effects of it everyday. It's like saying "Lol I'm so retarded, I sent a dirty text to the wrong person!"

YOU.ARE.NOT.OCD.
    I agree with you more or less, but just want to clarify that you can have un-diagnosed OCD.

Anyway, how OCD am I? You know the way Sheldon Cooper knocks on doors? I do that - so, make your own assumptions.