First build. No idea really what i need. Help!!!

Wanting to start my first build here soon. My dad knows how to build computers but is a bit rusty on what is needed to create a good computer. I would like it to be used for gaming and here is what im looking for:
    Budget: between $500-$800
    Resolution:Not really sure what to say here.
    Games/ Desired settings: WoW, LoL, GW2, MW3 all on at least medium settings. Looks isnt a big deal for my but if i can be able to stream/record and have it look good while also getting 60+ FPS I will be happy.
    Other activities: Live streaming/ Frapsing
    Reusable parts: Not really sure. I have an alright desktop that was pre-made. Computer I have:CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2098 (GU2098) Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
    OS?: Yes
    Peripherals: No have all that I need.
    Help with what to choose and why would be nice. I dont know much about the components of a computer and why one would be better than the other and would like some assistance with it. Thanks ahead!

You're not going to get a much better processor AND GPU compared to what you have already.

Buy this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($123.99 @ B&H)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($120.17 @ Newegg)
    Total: $674.14
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

And an extra SATA cable. Plop them in there, reformat Windows onto the SSD (and put your commonly used games there) and you'll have a more capable system compared to buying a cheapie @ $800.

Overclock your CPU with the new cooler, and you'll end up between an i3-2100 and an i5-3570k performance wise. Even if you don't want to overclock, you're going to have a hard time fitting an i5 into a sub $800 budget, so you would be on the same level processor wise as if you did make a new build.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Yeah I was actually looking at just replacing a couple of pieces instead. I have a HUGE tower and yeah processor isnt too bad. Thinking about getting the 4.2ghz AMD zambezi, but would also need a new mobo. And at the moment the SSD isnt a huge thing. I know that they really help with performance but its more of a flashy thing. Also how does the Radeon HD 6970 compare? It is much cheaper than the GTX 670.
    Last edited by rogralla; 2012-07-18 at 02:13 AM.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/509?vs=598

use this site to compare GPU's
    i5-3570k 4.3Ghz P8Z77-V Pro (2x4) G.Skill RAM 1600
    ASUS GTX 670 Crucial M4 128Gb

If you cant run those games at at least medium settings on your current rig you have a virus, or a metric shit ton of bloat ware. My main comp isn't as nice as yours and it can at least run the games listed. Try a reformat if it is slow or at least run c cleaner or similar software to see if it helps.

I can run them just fine on Ultra. But i cant record/stream without getting 30-40 fps and on spine/madness closer to 15. Please read what i have posted before posting yourself. Thanks.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Plagiarizer View Post
    Thanks i was looking for a good website!

Quote Originally Posted by rogralla View Post
    I can run them just fine on Ultra. But i cant record/stream without getting 30-40 fps and on spine/madness closer to 15. Please read what i have posted before posting.
    I did read what you had posted which was you wanted to run games on medium setting while streaming which your rig should do just fine, hence my response. How bout you be nice to people who are trying to help you. If you want to max settings while streaming buying a new gpu will do nothing for you, its a waste of money, your current gpu is more than adequate. Go out and buy yourself another hard drive and set your streaming software to use the secondary hd to write to. It is almost impossible to stream and game at max frames on a single hd as both the game and the streaming software must access the hd simultaneously. Having a secondary hard drive eliminates this issue as the game and streaming can use different hd's at the same time so they do not interfere with each other. That should get you streaming and gaming at max settings without having to drop a ton of cash on a new build.

Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    I did read what you had posted which was you wanted to run games on medium setting while streaming which your rig should do just fine, hence my response. How bout you be nice to people who are trying to help you. If you want to max settings while streaming buying a new gpu will do nothing for you, its a waste of money, your current gpu is more than adequate. Go out and buy yourself another hard drive and set your streaming software to use the secondary hd to write to. It is almost impossible to stream and game at max frames on a single hd as both the game and the streaming software must access the hd simultaneously. Having a secondary hard drive eliminates this issue as the game and streaming can use different hd's at the same time so they do not interfere with each other. That should get you streaming and gaming at max settings without having to drop a ton of cash on a new build.
    A 6670 is definitely no where close to being able to max 95% of games made in the last 5 years. It's not even a gaming grade card.

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 04:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rogralla View Post
    Yeah I was actually looking at just replacing a couple of pieces instead. I have a HUGE tower and yeah processor isnt too bad. Thinking about getting the 4.2ghz AMD zambezi, but would also need a new mobo. And at the moment the SSD isnt a huge thing. I know that they really help with performance but its more of a flashy thing. Also how does the Radeon HD 6970 compare? It is much cheaper than the GTX 670.
    Getting another HDD (or SSD) is half of your issue. You need to record to a dedicated drive that doesn't contain Windows or the game in which you're recording. Upgrading to the FX 4170 isn't going to net you any performance gains, it's just a slightly higher clocked 4100. Like I mentioned before, get a proper cooler and overclock it.

In regards to video cards, if you're not willing to shell out for a 670, your next 2 options are going to be a 7870 or a 7850. Nothing is relevant or cost effective anymore from the GTX 5xx line or AMD 6xxx line (except the 6850/6870).
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Yeah man thanks a lot. Ill probably get the pieces here within the next month and let you know how its running. Post back when its put together and running well, or if i have questions. And to Phred, wasnt really meaning to attack you, sorry if it seemed i was. Thanks guys!