glyph of illumination on beta,,anyone tryed it yet?

With the extra 25% crit on HS is it worth using?

is the 10% regen reduction off of the 50% mp5 or is it off the end amount ?

1) 10k spirt 50% in combat = 5k mp5 5k - 10% = 4500

2) 10k spirt 40% in combat =4000 mp5

In the last build I was randomly getting double procs (similar to the old Glyph of Divinity bug that stuck around for so long) but it was predominately only outside of instances. If those double procs are present it will be amazing.

As for the 10% reduction. . . All the testing I have done shows no decrease in spirit based regen using the glyph. Nothing on the character sheet displays the reduction and just running some simple "eyeball tests" (if you will) suggest the glyph is either not working properly or the reduction is immaterial (I'm going with the first option)

These tests were prior to this latest patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think as we get more spirit, the downside to the glyph would be more minimal than it is. Especially if you use the talent where Holy Shock has no CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    Especially if you use the talent where Holy Shock has no CD.
    That talent doesn't exist in that form any more.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm very curious of this glyph but I am finding it hard testing it. Has anyone got numbers?

Just took another QUICK look at this. It appears they have 'fixed' the glyph and the reduction is now showing in the character sheet.

@5889 Spirit (mostly S12 PvP) I went from combat regen of 9323mp5 to 8658mp5 (a decrease of 665mp5 or ~7.13% overall BUT it is approximately 10% of spirit based regen which is 6647mp5 according to character sheet)

At a gross loss of ~665mp5 you would need only 3 critical Holy Shocks per minute to reach a net gain (would equate to 750mp5 total - net gain of 85mp5)

Simple napkin math quickly reveals that this could be quite touchy. Perfect HS use (on cooldown every cast w/ no AW - Sanctified Wrath) would suggest anything over a 30% critical chance will yield a net benefit (10 casts per minute x 30% crit = 3 crits = 3000mana x 3 = 9000mpm = 750mp5)

If, instead, you went with a slightly more liberal use of every 10 seconds, you would need a 50% crit chance to make the glyph mathematically beneficial.

My conclusion at this point, is that the glyph is likely worth it pending other glyphs getting buffed. When you consider the innate +25% crit chance of HS AND the fact that Sanctified Wrath will be a popular choice for holy it looks very likely this glyph will be a net gain for mana regeneration.

(I did this super quick, so please let me know if my math is terrible or you are noticing different numbers based on your character sheets)

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 11:38 PM ----------

Also, this is quite substantial currently, but the glyph IS STILL BUGGED to give double procs making it undisputably a top 3 glyph choice (unless you just choose to never cast Holy Shock for some reason) =)

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 11:57 PM ----------

ugh triple post =(

There is some great math on EJ right now concerning the glyph. Definitely worth checking it out if you're interested in the theorycraft associated with this glyph (beyond my napkin math that is lol)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for your work Dubalicious.

I also found this interesting article, just skip to the Illum part:

http://joeego.wordpress.com/2012/07/...adins-options/

Quick note about the post: It delves into the 'how' of the glyph. It also links a followup specifically for level 85 if it matters to you for the next few weeks.

Generally speaking, though, if you can type numbers and dig basic information out of Recount or World of Logs then you should grab a copy of the Google Docs spreadsheet linked in those posts and enter your own values.

The glyph is not just good or bad. It is as good or as bad as you make it, heavily influenced by your gear. Players running around in tier 13 gear with Heroic experience will likely want to avoid the glyph. Players with tier 11 & 12 gear should do the math. Once you start leveling into Mists all bets are off. I expect the glyph to be a decent choice for level 90 dungeon runners and maybe even early tier 14 raiders.

I'd love to see this glyph be a valid choice for all players but the design has one or two big problems.
    Last edited by JoeEgo; 2012-09-03 at 06:58 PM.