Public games worse than WoW pugs...

Does anyone else just have horrible experience in public games? I swear WoW pugs in LFD were actually better. When we end up with 4 people usually 2 will stay in the town for at least 20 minutes without even saying anything. Then its me and another guy who are forced to duo content scaled to 4 people. Then once the other 2 decide that this was in fact a public game and they were screwing us over by staying in town they will port to us and then run the completely opposite direction. Then when we find where we are going for the quest I will say port to me wait a few minutes, get tired of waiting, and zone in. Once inside I realize once again its me and one other person duoing everything. Seriously why so many bads in public games? Really wish people would understand that they are slowing down people who want to get stuff done. If you wanna slack off and play at your own pace thats fine but dont join a group game and think you can do the same thing cause you are just being an ass on purpose.

Also during the first 2 weeks public games were even worse especially once you got to Inferno. Usually it would always be 3 other melees that my monk ended up grouped with and we would just get curb stomped in Act 1. We couldnt kill a single elite pack at all not even 1 mob out of the three. I guess since Wiz/DH were so OP they didnt feel like carrying us and just soloed. I remember once dying like 20 times just on the 3 trolls that pop out of the ground at the church. Then it took us over an hour to do the spider cave and we had to rez leapfrog across the map because melee were so bad back then everything just killed all of us in 5 seconds. Finally managed to get to Butcher and we wiped 19 times. For some reason back then his hit after he jumps up and down just 1 shot everyone along with his charge even if you tried to move it still hit you. Now I just eat those.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've done a PUG game since Beta OP but I don't doubt you on your story, That sounds like a horrible time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds pretty awful to go through. I haven't done any public games myself - I'm too afraid on Hardcore that someone will get me killed

Why even do public games? I have friends that all they do is public games and they complain that the game is to hard when I have had inferno diablo down for 3 weeks without a single public game quest done.

I have not done a single public game, and the OPs experience is exactly why. None of my friends even play at this point, so when I'm on I just go through solo games.

I'd bore myself through solo content than play with people who don't make an attempt at playing the game or play poorly.

I've tried a few public games, and OP is spot on the money.

AFKers in town, people running in all 4 different directions, those barbs with 20k health and full dps gear in act 4 inferno ... completely horrible experience. If you haven't played a public game yet, do yourself a favor and DON'T!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That sounds pretty awful to go through. I haven't done any public games myself - I'm too afraid on Hardcore that someone will get me killed
    Same here, and on softcore why bother, it's faster to go at it solo than in group anyways.

Deleted
    Iv had some really good experience with public games. Met some like minded players who know what a butcher run is and we do it very fast, even though there strangers. Now act 3 I agree because people leave on the first death like baby's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zf View Post
    Why even do public games? I have friends that all they do is public games and they complain that the game is to hard when I have had inferno diablo down for 3 weeks without a single public game quest done.
    Well, it is a multiplayer game.

I've had good pub games, and bad ones. The idea is to port in, click on a flag of whoever isn't in town, and then wait and see if anyone actually stays in town. If they do, simply leave the game, as most folks don't realize that vote kick actually works. Wasting your own time / effort is never a good idea. On a similiar note, if you get in a game where the other players are the same class as you, leave.

This game is dreadfully boring solo after you complete normal. If there were no pub game option, I'd have uninstalled about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Same here, and on softcore why bother, it's faster to go at it solo than in group anyways.
    It's actually faster in multiplayer, that is if you aren't the only person doing something. In that case it would be faster for everyone else except you. Multiplayer is supposed to be faster because when anyone needs to port back to town to clear their inventories others can keep on progressing.

The additional huge problem I'm seeing in co-op is that people are using public games to get themselves carried through content. They can't solo it, so they jump into public and hope the other people can carry their butt.