Buying Case fans. Need advice on airflow

Ok So i Recently bought the Corsair Carbide 500R series White, and i'm looking to replace the fans of it. Since the fans of the case are blue , i want to change then. I want then to be either Green or red and also create neutral air flow on the case.

I'am gonna have 3 exhaust fans, 2 120mm on the top with the h100 , and one in the rear of the case.

3 intake 2 120mm fans on the front of the Case and the 200mm fan on the side of the case.

I need help on Finding good LED fans not so noisy which ones do you recommend me ?

Also what changes on my airflow if i decide do switch the 200mm fan with 4 120mm fans ?

It would look like this

3 exhaust
    6 intake ? or does it matter? What kinda configuration would i need if i wanted to switch the 200mm fan ?

Kinda new at this please help and thank you

You want the same amount of airflow in as airflow out. If you have more intake fans than exhaust, more air will be pushed in than can be exhausted creating positive airflow. It sounds like a good thing, but it's not. Hot air will linger around, causing all of your components to heat up more than they need to.

Keep the H100 and rear exhaust as your only exhaust, fill up both front intakes, and use a single 120 on the lower side panel. The top side panel slot is going to be worthless for you since you're not using CPU air cooling. The bottom one will help with GPU cooling though.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

You want me to replace the 200mm fan on side with just one 120m ?

How about if i put another 120mm fan on the bottom of the case since it has room for it and a vent. that would make it 4 exhaust.

and any recommendations for the LED fans i don't know which ones to buy either green or red! more green then red lol good quality not noisy fans! <3 thank yoi LED

You don't want to use the bottom fan as exhaust, hot air rises.

What do you suggest. I do for this particular. Case. ? No one can give me feedback on the led fans ? Or iam on the wrong forums?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyThem View Post
    What do you suggest. I do for this particular. Case. ? No one can give me feedback on the led fans ? Or iam on the wrong forums?
    I suggest you keep the original fans unless they make too much sound or somethings. I can't give you any advise about LED fans, I find them tacky unless they are white. The only LED fan I would ever consider buying is Enermax Cluster.

Ok. Can you explain to me what is a Push/pull config i keep seeing around ?

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 12:51 AM ----------

Thank for the help again.

I was wondering if i use this config

3 exhaust : 2 120mm on the top and 1 120mm on the back.

3 intake : 2 120mm on the front and 1 120mm on the bottom. Since the case has the room and the filter for it.

and not Fans on the sidepanel.? Would that work for neutral airflow ?

Thank you

Push/pull is when you have fans on both side of a radiator. Fan pushing > Radiator > Fan pulling.

I'm not sure why you want neutral airflow but to reach that would be a sience. Turbulence inside the case, dustfilters, fan grills, fans of different sorts, restricted airflow through the radiator all make this a pretty large task. You can try to achieve it but I see no point in doing so.

Positive vs. negative pressure has been debated for a long time and both sides have their points. If you want to know more there are several thousand of threads on different forums about this subject.
    I prefer positive pressure since it keeps the computer more free of dust with proper filter.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-07-16 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyThem View Post
    Ok So i Recently bought the Corsair Carbide 500R series White, and i'm looking to replace the fans of it. Since the fans of the case are blue , i want to change then. I want then to be either Green or red and also create neutral air flow on the case.

I'am gonna have 3 exhaust fans, 2 120mm on the top with the h100 , and one in the rear of the case.

3 intake 2 120mm fans on the front of the Case and the 200mm fan on the side of the case.

I need help on Finding good LED fans not so noisy which ones do you recommend me ?

Also what changes on my airflow if i decide do switch the 200mm fan with 4 120mm fans ?

It would look like this

3 exhaust
    6 intake ? or does it matter? What kinda configuration would i need if i wanted to switch the 200mm fan ?

Kinda new at this please help and thank you

Just to clear something up for you, having that many fans is going to be noisy, no mater what fans you have, In one of my systems I have 6 extra fans and a digital fan controller, and even at 40% its fairly loud, especially on the intake fans, so if fans are the way you want to go, make sure you get a controller so you can turn them off or at least be selective with them. what I tend to do is leave my 3 extractors on at a low %, unless its a very hot day/night in the computer room, then the AC gets cranked up and all the fans go on, its like sitting in the server room at work. drives you nuts after a while.

Neutral airflow (or getting as close as you can to it) prevents dust as well as lingering hot air. Going positive or negative will have poor consequences, going close to neutral is easy, and a no brainer.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics