Ret - Glyphs of Harsh Words/Word of Glory

With the change to Glyph of Ascetic Crusader to Glyph of Harsh Words, I have been pondering if using both Harsh Words and Glyph of WoG would be a dps increase at all for Ret under certain conditions.

Assuming the holy damage it puts out is affected by Inquisition, and it increasing damage by 9% after a use, would it be worth using in a Ret rotation for fights that require a fair bit of movement and lower uptime on enemies.

For example, Creature A is standing completely still, you use the 3 holy power to TV and recieve damage from that as usual, but Creature B is moving about the screen fast and gets out of range of a TV so using WoG as a Range 3 HP damage finisher, whilst also receiving a 9% damage boost for your other ranged abilities : Judgment/exorcism (HoW >20% and with AV), instead of just trying to run the boss down and wasting time just to try and put out a TV before you HP cap.

Just something I have been thinking about, which would help Ret go from weaker on high movement fights to Average.

This is just theorycrafting, let me know what you think or if there is any reason why a delayed TV on high movement fight would still Sim higher than basically a secondary exorcism.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2012-07-15 at 04:15 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

I mostly see the glyph being good for fights with air phases. Beyond that I dont see it being of much use because of our movement increasing tier will let us get to the target in just a few seconds anyway.

There'd probably be some fights where you could do something like pop guardian, CS and judge to 3 HP TV - making sure Inq has plenty of time - while Guardian stacks increase, charge yourself to 4 HP, pop CDs, immediately WoG so it stacks with all of your CDs... Though I haven't really looked at the new glyphs or how GCD locked ret will be in MoP. To be honest, it looks like ret's going to be pretty pointless without utility or worthwhile DPS. They won't particularly be sat from raids just because they're ret like in 4.2, but no one is going to go out of their way to get one in the group either.

All in all, that dual-glyph setup will only be valuable during air phase fights. Glyph of Word of Glory only gives a 9% damage boost for 6s; with Holy Avenger, that may be useful, but outside of that specific cooldown it's going to be impossible to maintain - and may be pointless to maintain during HA, anyway, considering WoG's healing/damage coefficients were also nerfed.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Deleted
    Will it be possible to make a macro that would cast wog instead of tv if no 1 in range?

Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    Will it be possible to make a macro that would cast wog instead of tv if no 1 in range?
    Nope. Blizzard's API is specifically worked against having abilities "check" to see if they can be cast or not under certain conditions (range, cooldown, resources available, etc). They want you to play the game, not the macro.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Damn to meny buttons allready

Im sure this was ment for Holy as a dps finisher during leveling where you dont need WoG, or can be interesting for PvP Shockadin build or even Prot paladin as Prots dps is worst of all tanks, but srsly I dont think this is for Ret.