Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Honestly, this is the stuff I find dumb. Why report for this?(and especially ban, ffs) Unless something else worse happened that you didn't say, that ban is pretty dumb. Also funny as hell, but I guess we have to keep the humor out of the community, right? Either way it hardly constitutes as verbal harassment.
    I found it somewhat funny as well as I'm used to harsh humor, but it really isn't the type of stuff you say to complete strangers. It's humor that you share with friends to bash each other. Not that I've always kept to that rule, but still..

    The punish was more than justified.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Just because someone said she threw the game because of using smite too early doesn't mean she did. Did it cost them the game? Maybe, but no one could have known what would have happened if she hadn't used it early. Using smite early before someone wants to kill Barron and not having it then is NOT against the rules, maybe you should use some of your pride and joy readying comprehension and go over them before banning people for some bullshit.

    Think about that next time you slip up and cost the team a win, maybe you'll be the one getting banned for having a bad game, or making a simple mistake. Banning people for little mistakes that aren't even malicious is only bad for the community.

    Now, anyone else? No need to jump on me all at once just because you guys are hungry with the power of ban running through you. and for the record, I've never been banned anyway.
    http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/throw+a+game
    That's why you lack reading comprehension. Failing at Baron due to any reason is not a punishable offence, even if it ultimately caused a lost game. However, giving up, stopping playing and losing on purpose due to that having happened IS a punishable offence, therefore the ban was more than justified assuming what was reported actually happened. If you consider the fact the Eve must have gotten several reports in several games to appear in Tribunal it's easy to check other reported games and draw the conclusion whether it's likely to have been intentional or not.

    Also, if you REALLY don't see anything insulting on racial background in insinuating that it's normal for all Arabian people to wear goat skin and treat beheading as a past-time then I've got nothing more to say to you. Just be careful to not ask any black people you meet if they're done picking cotton for the day, unlike over internet real people might hit back.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not illegal to express."

  3. #23
    Immortal Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    7,001
    Many f the "intentional" feeders seem like they were merely bad, not trying to feed the enemy team. Is it really against the rules to suck at LoL?

  4. #24
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,709
    Nope. And quite a few people don't know the difference between feeding and intentional feeding (which is part of the reason Lyte is going to remove that category for reports).

    Intentional feeders will just run into the enemy headlong and get themselves killed. Over and over and over. Often they wear boots of mobility and a zeal (or two/three). Someone having a bad game will still, generally speaking, have a solid build and half decent CS for their stats.

  5. #25
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    ^This.
    And if you think that such and worse comments about races / countries are "funny" then I find you dumb. Really.
    Your attitude is whats wrong with so many things.. lighten up, and get a sense of humour. Stop taking everything to darn serious.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 06:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Feldir View Post
    Champion: Eve
    Reason: Trolling
    Other info: Instalocked jungle Eve, threw game because she used smite on wraiths right before baron.
    Quote: It's not my fault smite was on cooldown
    Result: Punish

    K/D/A: 1/9/2
    She could be new to the game, no? Or do you actually know this person?

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 06:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Champion: Twitch
    Reason: Negative Attitude
    Other info: 6/10/5
    Quote:
    (Twitch) [All] [00:32:12] : what do you mean
    (Twitch) [All] [00:32:22] : oracles is only in dota
    *And a bunch of other usual trashtalk that's standard in Tribunal cases.*
    Result: Obviously.
    What's the obvious reason again? How do you know he's whether he's trolling or new to the game?

    You're given such little information, and yet, you still vote to BAN someone? Ruining their gaming experience (some have used money on it), without actually knowing every major fact? How the hell can you get yourself to do that? Half the time you dont know what's actually going on, because you dont have any in-game footage. Everything's that's wrong with the community is you banhungry asshats spamming punish on the slightest chance, it's pathetic. The only one's you can truly judge is the verbal harassment/offensive language, where they're going nuts on someone. Jesus.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 06:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Many f the "intentional" feeders seem like they were merely bad, not trying to feed the enemy team. Is it really against the rules to suck at LoL?
    No, but it seems to be against the rules of the community.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 06:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/throw+a+game
    That's why you lack reading comprehension. Failing at Baron due to any reason is not a punishable offence, even if it ultimately caused a lost game. However, giving up, stopping playing and losing on purpose due to that having happened IS a punishable offence, therefore the ban was more than justified assuming what was reported actually happened. If you consider the fact the Eve must have gotten several reports in several games to appear in Tribunal it's easy to check other reported games and draw the conclusion whether it's likely to have been intentional or not.

    Also, if you REALLY don't see anything insulting on racial background in insinuating that it's normal for all Arabian people to wear goat skin and treat beheading as a past-time then I've got nothing more to say to you. Just be careful to not ask any black people you meet if they're done picking cotton for the day, unlike over internet real people might hit back.
    Are you serious? Do you honestly believe everyone thinks of "throwing the game on purpose" when they say "omg we threw the game", or "omg she threw the game"? I've heard loads of pro players talk of their lost tourney games while using the phrase "we threw the game at X point", do you really believe they did it on purpose?

    "therefore the ban was more than justified assuming what was reported actually happened."

    THIS is the part that bothers me. How can you assume that party1 is telling the truth when it comes to something as severe as banning someone's account? Just tell me, how can you assume they're telling the truth, and not exaggerating?

  6. #26
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,709
    Blackroo: you're not voting to have them banned. In fact, the Tribunal does not decide upon any sort of punishment. That's Player Support. Who, incidentally, also have access to a lot more info than the Tribunal.

    Furthermore, you're complaining about a lack of info when there's a snippet of the entire report posted here. Over the course of 4-5 games, it can at times be very easy to see what exactly is going on.

  7. #27
    Mechagnome akts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/throw+a+game
    That's why you lack reading comprehension. Failing at Baron due to any reason is not a punishable offence, even if it ultimately caused a lost game. However, giving up, stopping playing and losing on purpose
    Still many people mean by throwing a game to "lose a game while being in a advantageous position". I can't imagine a player smiting wraiths with the intent to lose baron. More likely it was "ooooh, free gold, and bonus gold from talented smite, yay!", which is simply poor gameplay.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Are you serious? Do you honestly believe everyone thinks of "throwing the game on purpose" when they say "omg we threw the game", or "omg she threw the game"? I've heard loads of pro players talk of their lost tourney games while using the phrase "we threw the game at X point", do you really believe they did it on purpose?
    There's no such thing as "throwing the game not on purpose" To "throw the game" MEANS to lose on purpose, to give up and lose without fighting, it's in the definition of the expression. You can't throw the game in any other way than on purpose. I assume the expressions are used correctly when interpreting the text I read unless I have explicit reason to believe otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    "therefore the ban was more than justified assuming what was reported actually happened."

    THIS is the part that bothers me. How can you assume that party1 is telling the truth when it comes to something as severe as banning someone's account? Just tell me, how can you assume they're telling the truth, and not exaggerating?
    Tribunal cases have a lot of info provided, and over the course of several games. Let me just repeat what I have already said, this time making it harder to conveniently ignore:
    If you consider the fact the Eve must have gotten several reports in several games to appear in Tribunal it's easy to check other reported games and draw the conclusion whether it's likely to have been intentional or not.
    Tribunal cases are never from one game. There's plenty of info to draw conclusions from. Also, for this particular case even that little bit of info provided in this thread is not meaningless: the stats looks as if after failing that baron the player in question started intentionally dying to make the loss faster. I don't know whether that was the case or not, but the information in tribunal would likely be more than enough to decide.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 05:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    Still many people mean by throwing a game to "lose a game while being in a advantageous position". I can't imagine a player smiting wraiths with the intent to lose baron. More likely it was "ooooh, free gold, and bonus gold from talented smite, yay!", which is simply poor gameplay.
    It's impossible to decide whether that was the case looking at the info here alone - the tribunal has much more data though, usually enough to decide. As I said earlier, unless provided with explicit proof I assume the expressions are used correctly when interpreting the text I read.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not illegal to express."

  9. #29
    You can post the definition of "throwing a game" but everybody knows that it's also used to refer to somebody who just made a terrible mistake that will likely result in a loss (often times in a game that is close or your team is slightly ahead in)

    So while your definition may imply an intention, that's not how it's used in practice. It can be used in cases of intentional throws, or just huge mistakes that will likely cost a game.

    Also, there's no reason to attack people posting their Tribunal experiences, like somebody else said they are only giving you a very small piece of the information that was provided to them through the Tribunal. Most are just trying to find some "humorous" excerpts which may or may not include the worst portions of the report.
    Last edited by Dubalicious; 2012-07-19 at 06:30 PM.

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    You can post the definition of "throwing a game" but everybody knows that it's also used to refer to somebody who just made a terrible mistake that will likely result in a loss (often times in a game that is close or your team is slightly ahead in)

    So while your definition may imply an intention, that's not how it's used in practice. It can be used in cases of intentional throws, or just huge mistakes that will likely cost a game.

    Also, there's no reason to attack people posting their Tribunal experiences, like somebody else said they are only giving you a very small piece of the information that was provided to them through the Tribunal. Most are just trying to find some "humorous" excerpts which may or may not include the worst portions of the report.
    "Everybody knows" is such an ambiguous expression. Here is the first place I've seen people claiming that idiom means something else than it does, up until now I've always seen it used correctly. Also, repeating an error often enough does not make it correct.

    As for attacking tribunal experiences... I'm defending the guys posting them here, and that "somebody else" you mentioned is actually me as well. ;)
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not illegal to express."

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Maybe you should check yo self before you wreck yo self.

    http://walrusmagazine.com/articles/2...p-chop-square/

    Also most society still wear fur, even though PETA may be against it. and like I said, here isn't the place for this. (also screw you, Bro.)
    I can't believe some people just believe everything their national news channel throw at them, believe bullshit that is written in a magazine or generally on the internet. Wish people would do some research before spouting racist and offensive crap like this.

    Have you EVER been to an Arab country? I have been to almost all Arab countries and countries surrounding them. People don't wear fur in Afghanistan which is said to be the most backward of all Arab countries and you think all Arabs wear fur? Hunting animals is said to be "haram" (illegal) in all Arab countries and they have major religious restrictions on what animals they can consume.

    And there are no public executions. Hanging/beheading happens in specific part in jails and family/people can visit them just like hanging/electrocuting in western countries.

    Don't talk about shit you have no idea about.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 07:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Nope. And quite a few people don't know the difference between feeding and intentional feeding (which is part of the reason Lyte is going to remove that category for reports).

    Intentional feeders will just run into the enemy headlong and get themselves killed. Over and over and over. Often they wear boots of mobility and a zeal (or two/three). Someone having a bad game will still, generally speaking, have a solid build and half decent CS for their stats.
    Pretty much this.

    Someone having a bad game doesn't mean they are feeding intentionally. A player can come against a hard counter or face someone vastly more experienced then them. It also depends if it was a normal match or ranked. Low elo or high.

    In order to make a proper judgement you need more info then posted here.

    Besides, this thread is made to have a laugh, dark humor or whatever. Why is the result of the cases bothering so many people who have absolutely no idea what else went threw the game and in the tribunal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

  12. #32
    Mechagnome akts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    [/COLOR]It's impossible to decide whether that was the case looking at the info here alone - the tribunal has much more data though, usually enough to decide. As I said earlier, unless provided with explicit proof I assume the expressions are used correctly when interpreting the text I read.
    That's why I'm commenting this piece alone, not the case. Accusing someone of using smite in order to lose baron is, well, fits this thread quite well - very funny.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    "Everybody knows" is such an ambiguous expression. Here is the first place I've seen people claiming that idiom means something else than it does, up until now I've always seen it used correctly. Also, repeating an error often enough does not make it correct.

    As for attacking tribunal experiences... I'm defending the guys posting them here, and that "somebody else" you mentioned is actually me as well.
    Again, you have a definition that is sometimes used in practice, but there are other definitions for "to throw" as well, which don't automatically imply intent. This version of the phrase is USED EXTREMELY OFTEN in the League of Legends community. If you still think it's a completely incorrect use of the word, then call it a "slang term" and we'll call it a day. There are definitions of "throw" or "to throw" that support a lack of intent. For example:

    "To fail to take advantage of"
    "To waste or use in a foolish way"

    My apologies for not distinguishing my second paragraph as it was a general statement, nothing directed at you.

  14. #34
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,709
    Nice...

    We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on 41 cases today! As compensation for your service to the League, your account has been credited 205 Influence Points.


    Half a rune!

  15. #35
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Nice...



    Half a rune!
    I can one up you on that.

    Greetings Enstraynomic!

    We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on 397 cases today! As compensation for your service to the League, your account has been credited 1985 Influence Points.

    The League of Legends thanks you for your service on the Tribunal, Summoner! Remember that you will be eligible to judge 15 tomorrow! May justice be swift!
    That's a 1350 IP champ plus a 450 one! or 4 450 IP champs!

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  16. #36
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,709
    O.o

    If that's one-upping, I don't want to see two-upping or, gods forbid, 10-upping.

  17. #37
    The Patient Kiryia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    300
    I was really hoping for some awesome/hilarious quotes from Tribunals...seems this thread has already deteriorated into petty name calling.
    I like waffles!

  18. #38
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryia View Post
    I was really hoping for some awesome/hilarious quotes from Tribunals...seems this thread has already deteriorated into petty name calling.
    Yeah, kinda dissapointed o-o

  19. #39
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryia View Post
    I was really hoping for some awesome/hilarious quotes from Tribunals...seems this thread has already deteriorated into petty name calling.
    Your wish has been granted:



    As a J4 main, seeing someone pull this shit with Jarvan = massive facepalm worthy.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  20. #40
    Do they have an app or something along those lines for the tribunal? Would be pretty cool to be able to participate while on the go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •