Thread: Blackberry help

Deleted

Blackberry help

So I bought my first blackberry yesterday around 4 it is a bold 9900 and is pay monthly with t mobile, it says in the contract it is 750mb data and includes blackberry data plan. The man at the shop said the phone will work straight away however things like bbm will take 24 hrs. It's now been around 30 and was wondering whether this is normal?

When I try to add someone it says pending (waiting for authorisation) and the other person doesn't get a message, all the others things work like the app world and Internet with and without wifi. The options are also slightly grayed out.

How can I fix this pending issue when everything but bbm works?

Quote Originally Posted by Mori123 View Post
    So I bought my first blackberry yesterday
    I think I've discovered your problem!

Sorry, I can't be of any actual help, I have no idea what the story is with BBM not working... just had to snark.

Either your Blackberry data plan isn't running, or you are having another issue. Try these solutions.

1. Do a battery pull: Leave the BB powered ON; Pull the battery; Leave it out for 30 seconds; Replace battery and let device boot.
    2. Try uninstalling the BBM app, and then reinstall it from the app world.
    3. Toggle off data services, then enable it again. It can solve some hiccups.

If that still doesn't work, there's a few different things you can try here:
    http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p..._BlackBerry%3F

Hope you get it sorted out.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito Noctix View Post
    Either your Blackberry data plan isn't running, or you are having another issue. Try these solutions.

1. Do a battery pull: Leave the BB powered ON; Pull the battery; Leave it out for 30 seconds; Replace battery and let device boot.
    2. Try uninstalling the BBM app, and then reinstall it from the app world.
    3. Toggle off data services, then enable it again. It can solve some hiccups.

Hope you get it sorted out.
    I have done the first two and no succession, for number 3 is turning the Mobile network off then on the same thing, if not how can I do this?
    Also just thought that it is Sunday, maybe the lines are busy or it will get to work on monday

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd take it back to the store for some help and troubleshooting, or call them, or call Blackberry support.

Don't listen to anyone that says you should have gotten another phone.

Deleted
    quick update, I managed to get it working and it was basically just that T mobile didn't turn on the specific package.