Unleash Earthliving

I was doing some testing some minutes ago and I noticed EL did not crit once when instacasting it with MW after have used Unleash elements. I have about 30% crit chance, and I tried like 30 times and did'nt get one single crit. For the heal I use Greater healing wave.

Could someone explain why that is? I can't find anything in the tooltip which would explain why it won't crit.

If it makes any difference, I am enhance.

Well, there is a one in 44367 chance of that happening by mere coincidence. Probably a bug, though; report it?
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Never reported anything, so I would'nt know how to. And, errm.. if I recall I don't think this "bug" has happened to me before.

If you were using the gear you logged out in last you actually only have about 10% chance to crit with spells. As I mentioned in a previous post its bad luck, I popped EL on my OH after a few tries without MW prrocs i eventually had a 25k Healing Surge crit and a 52k GWH crit.

Earthliving doesn't have a cast time, so I don't know why you said "instacasting it." Are you saying the Earthliving HoT never crit or that the heal from Unleash Earthliving never crit? The HoT cannot crit but the heal from Unleash Earthliving can.

Quote Originally Posted by morphosys View Post
    If you were using the gear you logged out in last you actually only have about 10% chance to crit with spells. As I mentioned in a previous post its bad luck, I popped EL on my OH after a few tries without MW prrocs i eventually had a 25k Healing Surge crit and a 52k GWH crit.
    Even if it's as you say I only got a 10% chance to proc, it's still really, really weird that it took me about 30 tries to get a crit.

Anyways, (a bit off topic), I was thinking if there was a macro or something so that when I switch my weapon imbue it does'nt automatically just replace the second to last one I touched. For example, I apply windfury to my main, then I apply flametounge to off, then when I use earthliving it replaces windfury. Tough what I want is to be able to only replace the offhand one, since I wanna keep windfury on my mainhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Even if it's as you say I only got a 10% chance to proc, it's still really, really weird that it took me about 30 tries to get a crit.

Anyways, (a bit off topic), I was thinking if there was a macro or something so that when I switch my weapon imbue it does'nt automatically just replace the second to last one I touched. For example, I apply windfury to my main, then I apply flametounge to off, then when I use earthliving it replaces windfury. Tough what I want is to be able to only replace the offhand one, since I wanna keep windfury on my mainhand.

/cast Earthliving Weapon
    /use 17
    /click StaticPopupButton1

the macro will cast earthliving weapon then apply it on your off hand,
    if you already have weapon enchant on it, it will automaticly replace it
    for main hand to slot number is 16
    Last edited by Archimand; 2012-07-15 at 11:09 PM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    /cast Earthliving Weapon
    /use 17
    That won't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    0.9 (the chance to not crit) to the power of 30 is 0.042.
    4.2% chance to not crit in 30 times aint that unique...

Could be some really bad luck.

Assuming it is 10% crit rate.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHeart View Post
    0.9 (the chance to not crit) to the power of 30 is 0.042.
    4.2% chance to not crit in 30 times aint that unique...

Could be some really bad luck.

Assuming it is 10% crit rate.
    You are probably right.

That won't work.
    the macro i posted work perfectly i just tested it in and out of combat
    req is to have enchant on main hand since you cant enchant only your off hand

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

the macro i posted work perfectly i just tested it in and out of combat
    req is to have enchant on main hand since you cant enchant only your off hand
    Orly? I just found a macro which diablous uses. This works for replacing, only your offhand, with either frostbrand or earthliving.

Earthliving:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [@none] Earthliving Weapon, Flametongue Weapon
    /use 17
    /click StaticPopup1Button1

Frostbrand:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [@none] Frostbrand Weapon, Flametongue Weapon
    /use 17
    /click StaticPopup1Button1

I really gotta learn how to control this swapping now :s Might take some time to get used to.

Also, if anyone has a good addon for displaying which Imbues you currently have active please post it here. I'd really appreciate it.

o didnt knew it, really thought you can only put on off hand after mh sorry for misleading

o didnt knew it, really thought you can only put on off hand after mh sorry for misleading
    I thought so as well, until I found this amazing macro. I'vetried it out for about 1-2 hours now, and I must say I use it alot less than I thought I would. The gcd is too great from switching imbues all the time.

Probably a bug, though; report it?

The chance of not getting a crit in thirty attempts is 1 in 24 if you only have a 10% crit chance, so if that's the case then the data is entirely insufficient.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.