Help with new build

Hi all, JoAnn here. A friend of mine has ask me to build him a top of the line computer and isn't concern about the cost as much as he is getting a good system that can handle everything he likes to do. He watches movies and does lots of graphics on it so could you all help me. He needs the case and all, he has a monitor, Keyboard and mouse so won't need any of that. He will also need an OS for this. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    JoAnn

It's very easy to dump alot of cash on a rig, personally I recommend going for the middle of the road suggestions that other people have provided here. This one is a decent build:

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Something like

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling ACFZ13-PRO 49.7 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.72 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($114.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($98.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1186.61
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

Would run WoW at maxed out settings easily. At the same time as easily running DIII at maxed out settings, and various other stuff like a browser, music player, VOIP software etc.

Thank you so very much for your reply and this sounds awesome so will run it by him and see what he thinks...Again thanks.

Hugs
    JoAnn