Deleted

What do you NOT stockpile for MoP?

Read tons of threads of people telling me "stockpile cloth, stockpile ores, stockpile dust,..."

I wrote a list myself on what to stockpile. Things I think that will go up in prices and give me a nice push on my cash in future.

But the question that counts for me: What stuff should i get rid off before MoP starts, or even better: before there is an official data when it WILL start.

Currently i have tons of gems in my bags. Epic gems, uncut. Rare Gems, uncut. Greenies in masses. What to do with them? Do you think, prices will go up after MoP is released? I can't imagine that. I guess, after 5.0 is launched, nobody will ask for a Queens Garnet any more. Maybe some small group will stockpile them, in hope to sell them for expensive gold to those skilling jewelcrafting from bottom to top. But will those guys use epic gems then?

Onj my server a queens garnet is currently about 500 gold. I have stored about 25 of them, not needing them myself. Should is sell those or should i keep them from the market and sell them later on? Currently prices are falling due to dupe-bug. Every day, a new potential buguser drops the prices by 10-15%. So if i should sell, i should do it soon.

Same about other stuff. What would YOU sell NOW (or before 5.0 goes live) because it will loose worth afterwards?

Really looking forward to your thoughts!

Greeting,
    Xorrhal

Deleted
    I thought about the same thing yesterday and came to the conclusion that everything apart from the green gems will be useless to stockpile. I am and will be selling all the epic and blue gems before 5.0 and before MoP in general.
    The reason I hold onto the green gems is that they are needed for leveling jewelcrafting and therefore are going to see a huge increase in my opinion. The blue and epic gems are not needed to skill JC to 525 and above that the new recipes learned will prove more helpful and cost efficient, especially if you have a farm char like I do with Mining

Nearly everything from cata will be useless. While scarcity increases for old stuff, demand is not there. So it take a very long time to dump your stuff? For me I am dumping as much cata stuff as I can now while ppl still want it. ESP blues and epics

Definately sell epic gems now. They won't have any use once MoP hits, because they are not required for levelling professions. Blue and green quality gems are used, so hang on to some of those. Though I'd sell the red ones while they are still much higher than other gems.

This goes for most high-level materials (Maelstrom Crystals, Pyrite Ore etc). Previous expansions all implemented cheap ways to level crafting professions for the first 25 points or so of old skill levels (like Draught of War can be used to level Alchemy cheaply from 425 to 450). This is great for people that want to level a profession, but it does reduce demand for mats for old top end materials.

Get rid of any 81+ BoE gear as well while you're at it. I can still see some people wanting nice 78-80 blue Cata gear for levelling purposes. But 85 Cata gear will be useless, since most BoE greens from MoP will be of similar quality.

Some glyphs will become obsolete in MoP, and will turn into vendor grays. Get rid of those as well. There's a post somewhere in this forum that has a list of which glyphs will turn to dust and which will be re-used.

Gonna keep a stack of each enchanting mat and then sell it a couple of months after release. That's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not stockpile a ton of "Blackfallow Ink" for leveling inscription. I almost made this mistake with "Ink of the Sea" during Lich King, thinking I would just buy lower inks needed once the expac hit. I read in a forum that when Cata hit, the ink traders would not accept 'Ink of the sea' for trade-ins.