10+ Year Old Account

Need some Heroic Warmaster Blackhorn help (10man)

Hello, me and my guild are working on heroic warmaster and finding it too tricky. We are getting the first set of adds down and second if we are lucky, but other then that its getting hard for us.

It seems that there is way too much fire and Onslaught will be on other side of boat with fire crossing middle so the only way really to get there in time is by fire and we will then die with Onslaught.

We are running

Prot warrior
    Blood DK

Resto Sham
    Resto Druid

Shadpriest
    Rogue
    Fire mage
    Ret Pally
    Balance Druid
    Hunter

We are just wondering if its absolutely important to get all the little purple swirly things or can we just get one close to us? And sometimes we miss them because we got Onslaught.

Any tips to get us to Phase 2?

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Get all of them. Or at least try to without sacrificing too much dps. You get more fire the lower the boat health goes I think? Therefore by letting some through the boat health plummets. The boat always seems to take some damage if you soak them anyway so you need that extra bit to minimize it.

Sadly you don't have a prot paladin or a holy priest because what they can do is in prot case, pop Ardent Defender, soak a small one whilst running to the big one, and a holy priest can PW:S and body and soul himself through a small one to the big one. MAke sure people are using self-damage-reduction CD's like Barkskin and all that jazz.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/v8mfe...?s=5628&e=6035

That's a log of our last kill, for some reason I can't work out WoL shows it as a wipe although it was a kill but glean whatever numbers you can from that and post your own logs.

Take the adds to underneath one of the drakes (careful your tanks don't run off the side) then have your group fan out around the rest of the boat to soak small things, this way you can cover the whole boat easily and you can cleave down the drakes. You have a 2melee-4ranged comp so you have a good comp for this. Until some logs are posted there is not much more that can be said.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-07-16 at 09:44 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

its not vital to get EVERY barrage....if you get half of them you will be more than successful

the small purples (barrages) should really only be handled by 3, maybe 4 of you. basically instead of setting up 2 man groups to soak them, you should just tell everyone to avoid them at all costs with the exception of people that can solo soak them. i say this because A) 2 man groups juke each other a lot and that just leads to deaths and B) it just allows the other 6-7 people to focus on their jobs. with healers only having to move to AVOID barrages/blade rush and then to get into onslaughts, this lets them spend more time healing. so who are these select people you ask? the fire mage should soak one every 60 secs (the cd on his cauterize) and then just have each tank handle the waves solo. so tank1 tanks the first 2 adds while tank 2 is soaking barrages every 15 secs (the time on the debuff). then the tanks swap roles. right there you've soaked 5-6 barrages which will keep the fire fairly minimal and get you to p2 much cleaner and hopefully without deaths. you also have a boomkin, which with barkskin and the 15% dmg reduc from boomkin form, CAN allow them to soak a barrage if they are fully topped off. however, since you are just learning the fight i would suggest trying with the first 3 classes that i mentioned being you barrage soakers.

next tip is to just go ahead and blow hero right when the 3rd set of adds drops down. this will allow a good burn on the drakes and an instant kill of the sapper that has just dropped, as well as helping the healers out because the new adds/sapper/onslaught combo on the 3rd set can be really hectic.

have your mage, spriest, boomkin burn one side while melee/hunter burn the other side. solo tank each wave to allow for 'perfect cleaves' and the afore mentioned offtank barrage soaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where should tanks be? And why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Either use 1 tank for both adds and then have the other barrage soak, and take those adds underneath where one of the drakes spawns, this will allow cleaving to hit both adds and the drake. The alternative is 1 add each and let the dps soak, but tank them in the same position, between the harpoon gun and the edge of the boat without falling off.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

have the tank thats got the adds on top of the melee/hunter drake. this allows melee to cleave a little bit as well as not have to run all over. this also allows the raid to see blade rushes better as they know it will always come from one direction....the side where the drake is. the off tank should be running around soaking the barrages. the dk can use up his blood shield or ams or whatever short cd's they use and the prot war can use shield block. but honestly, with the 25% nerf, a topped off tank (225k+ hp) is prolly in zero danger of being killed by a barrage. they just need to remember to not soak one until the debuff wears off.....which is a short 15 secs. the tanks then swap roles each wave with tank1 on the 1st/3rd set of adds and goriona and tank2 on the 2nd set of adds and warmaster when he comes down.

for onslaughts tho, remember that you want all 10 people in every single one of them. having 1 or 2 lazy/slow reacting people can greatly increase the amount of dmg the boat takes. every little bit helps but if you make it to p2 with 1% boat hp thats all you need o.0

the tank that doesnt have adds is also a really good sapper stopper. prot war with his 4 stuns or dk with his dg. thats right, make those tanks actually do something!

i tank this on a war and dps it on a mage just for background
    Last edited by SirReal; 2012-07-16 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    for onslaughts tho, remember that you want all 10 people in every single one of them. having 1 or 2 lazy/slow reacting people can greatly increase the amount of dmg the boat takes. every little bit helps but if you make it to p2 with 1% boat hp thats all you need o.0
    I wouldn't call it "greatly". You'll be reducing the dmg on the boat by like 10k with 9 instead of 10 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought melee can reach drakes

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I wouldn't call it "greatly". You'll be reducing the dmg on the boat by like 10k with 9 instead of 10 people.
    x4 onslaughts, 5 if dps is suck, can be the difference between boat go boom and loot.....

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 05:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    I thought melee can reach drakes
    melee can reach the drakes, they just have to be real fuckin close to the edge....like scary close. but my wars group is melee heavy so we had no choice but to have melee hit it. use all the dps you have....the quicker the drakes die the less of those barrages come out.

We killed it when we stopped soaking small ones and focused on killing the drakes faster! Been doing it since 0% and while it has its backsides, it's a sound tactic if your dps are hot and everything else works.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    as poster above says, ignore barrages only soak onslaughts, get your tank to tank adds on one side of boat beside a drake so melee can nuke drakes. nuke drakes ASAP. worked for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    x4 onslaughts, 5 if dps is suck, can be the difference between boat go boom and loot.....
    Not sure what you're on about now, but an extra onslaught is only another 100k or so dmg (if soaked), that's 3 times less than the small ones if unsoaked.

Deleted
    What we do is we divide the deck up into 3 parts.

2 of the areas covers from the front of the ship down the middel about 3/4 way to the cabin, and out to the edge and the last part covers the back.

then we dived the team up into on 4 man grp and 2 3 man grps.
    4 man grp is in your case is the tank, 1 healer and the 2 meele...They take care of one of the frontal areas. The other frontareagrp is taken care of the OT, healer and a dps...DK tank should be able to take most of the small purple once in that area.. And 3 ranged takes care of the back area. And it goes with out saying..everyone stacks in the big one.

Firstly Drakes har top prio...getting them down befor the get free makes your job dealing with small purple a lot easiere.
    When we start the encounter all the ranged stand on top of the cabin, allowing us to start dps on the left drake much faster.

Burn down the dreadblade meele before the drakes come back into ranged since that one does a frontal aoe stacking debuff.
    Kill both drakes in wave 1, kill off last meele.

2 wave..Nuke as much on dreadblade meele until drakes comes..Pop CD's and burn both drakes down..Take care of meeleadds after.
    3 wave..Nuke 1 drake down..Nuke both meele adds, and then nuke last drake..Makes for a cleaner transision. You can let meele take care of the slayer if u want the to kill the drakes faster, but alleast make sure u got the dreadblade down befor p2

Have DK deathgrib every sapper that comes along

p2:
    Have as many ppl as possible stand on the edge of ship...but at least all ranges and healers should...Doing that makes the chance of Goriona's Twilight Flames land on the side and not in the middel of the ship.

Ranged and healers should stack up as close to boss as they can.. Have meele dps the from the other side so shockwave have a chance of going to there side..u could even have on ranged stand on meele side.
    Nuke drake first, then Blackhorn...If u have Blackhorn and Goronia tanked so that they are on top of eachother but facing away fron each other at a 45 angle makes it easy for tanks to change target.

And remember..There are a lot of ways to skinn a bull..so if this tac doesn't work for u guys..Try another

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all who replied, great help

Make it easy on yourselves.. 3 heal it.

Couldn't do it before, but at 20% it started to be doable.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Make it easy on yourselves.. 3 heal it.

Couldn't do it before, but at 20% it started to be doable.
    Thier problems are coming from deckfire. Deckfire is generally caused by adds living longer and barraging the ship. How will brute force healing take away the root cause of the problem?

Anyway, to anwer the OP:
    We have one tank pick up both adds and tank them near to a drake for cleave(age). The other tank soaks 2 barrages or so. We swop for each set of adds. Your priest, hunter and mage should be able to take one barrage each with ease. 5 is about the magic number that you should try to soak assuming drakes die in one pass (they HAVE to) After this, if you soak the onslaughts with 9 ppl (not the current tank) and kill sappers then the ship should be fine.

Theres no other way round it, the fire is shit. Have people move away from it because it tends to spread towards ppl. Have people position themselves smartly so that they will be able to cross the ship to get to a barrage without trekking thru 20 yards of fire.

Since getting to P2 is pretty close to a kill, try using all CD's on the first set of adds, pots on the 2nd and lust the 3rd. No point in saving all of these tools for a P2 you can't get to!