Thread: Excel machine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    And even more trouble if they get caught. Piracy is a criminal offense, breaking a ToU is a civil offense in countries that accept a ToU agreement as a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    Enhance,

I think you are confused. The purpose is to have a computer for fast excel calculations, not for random student use. From what I have read and what n0cturnal showed me, the i7 is definitely the fastest CPU for excel calculations currently.
    Well. In that build he left out the excel cost. So he would have to downgrade something anyways. So what i said still stands.
    An i5 would be just fine too.
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2012-07-16 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Well. In that build he left out the excel cost. So he would have to downgrade something anyways. So what i said still stands.
    An i5 would be just fine too.
    You could save around 70 bucks by going with a 2600K instead of a 3770K. Would be a start and no real loss in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You could save around 70 bucks by going with a 2600K instead of a 3770K. Would be a start and no real loss in power.
    Yeah, I guess. But i still don't see the point in a i7 for ONLY Excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Yeah, I guess. But i still don't see the point in a i7 for ONLY Excel.
    Try running calculations based on a million cells, and then generating a 3D graph to display the output. That really stresses a CPU. Heck, simply opening the excel sheet would take well over 10 minutes. Excel can do so much more than make bar charts from a couple of short data sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Try running calculations based on a million cells, and then generating a 3D graph to display the output. That really stresses a CPU. Heck, simply opening the excel sheet would take well over 10 minutes. Excel can do so much more than make bar charts from a couple of short data sets.
    Ah, I don't run excel. But i didn't think it did that much. Thanks for the info