Poll: What race would you most like to see a Druid option?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    There are some things some people cannot learn to do. Extend that into the fantasy world.

Example: Men will never learn to get pregnant, Women will never learn to impregnate.
    Except in some REALLY weird fanfics and fanart.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I guess you missed the part when the guy you quoted said "Most of the time". 2 out of 3, soon to be 3 out of 4 of the specs will be some sort of animal (not sure if something changed with Boomkins and that Astral Form glyph). Races aren't that important. I respected their decision to keep druids to just Tauren and Nelfs for so long, and I'm somewhat okay with Trolls and Worgen getting them. I think druids should stay the way they are, personally. Keeping in tune with some of the lore aspects is important.
    Most of the time my druid is in Tauren form.

Blood elf druid? seriously you guys..

On the other hand why can't humans be shamans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm so Far mostly everyone has voted for blood elves....how the hell lorewise do they make a good race for druids...I mean usaully in wow world if youre a huge attuned to arcane(among other magics that are not nature) it's pretty hard to become a Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Ah, this thread once again!

As some of you may or may not know, I'm an avid champion of Blood Elves in general, and I'd like Blood Elf Druids especially. I've posted this multiple times, and it's my reasons for Blood Elf Druids being playable.

Do note that I have no connections in this to the High Botantist or the arcane-druids in Outlands at all, so you can't say "No, those aren't/can't be druids!!!" in response to my post. It's meant for discussion, and I've thought long and hard to try and make it work (which I believe it will) with the eventual intention of taking it to Blizzard. Also, remember this: At one point, Tauren Paladins, Undead Hunters, and Dwarf Shaman were the "undoable" class race combinations.

The rest of it is the Draenei part of the update, but I cut that out, seeing as we're specifically discussing druids here. Thoughts?
    Awesome post. I wish Blizzard could read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Blood elf druid? seriously you guys..

On the other hand why can't humans be shamans?
    I wish to refer you back to my post earlier in this thread ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Awesome post. I wish Blizzard could read it.
    Jee, thanks lol. I've posted it on the official forums and their Facebook pages, but so far, no response, other than from people who really like it

10+ Year Old Account

Jee, thanks lol. I've posted it on the official forums and their Facebook pages, but so far, no response, other than from people who really like it
    I really hate to do this sense you put a lot of work into your idea but there are a couple of reasons why this idea will not.

1. The dead scar is a unhealable path of quel'thalas the reason silvermoon has a Druid trainer already was because they tried using Druidic power before. And second eventhough blood elves do alittle bit of nature training and some even further (these are rangers) blood elves body rejects nature magic to be used (no idea why it just does) by them. And one final thing blood elves are a still VERY prideful race..one reason their ancestors split from night elves was because they didn't like using Druidic magic instead of arcane. So much that they killed a few Druids in protest.

Also as for the combo ppl didn't like.
    Besides the holy cows and night elf mages most ppl were ok with the other combos.

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    The dead scar is a unhealable path of quel'thalas the reason silvermoon has a Druid trainer already was because they tried using Druidic power before. And second eventhough blood elves do alittle bit of nature training and some even further (these are rangers) blood elves body rejects nature magic to be used (no idea why it just does) by them. And one final thing blood elves are a still VERY prideful race..one reason their ancestors split from night elves was because they didn't like using Druidic magic instead of arcane. So much that they killed a few Druids in protest.
    It is a healable path. They need to merge both holy and nature magic to repair the damage. With the rebirth of the Sunwell as a well of Arcane and Holy mixture, they should be able to rebuild Ghostland. We already is starting to rebuild EPL and the WPL using holy to cleanse the undead source while using nature to repair the soil. Elemental magic can also help repair but need the holy magic to cleanse or there will be some corrupt elemental. Druid's magic does both not only it cleanse the land to a point but also allow to repair the land.

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    I really hate to do this sense you put a lot of work into your idea but there are a couple of reasons why this idea will not.

1. The dead scar is a unhealable path of quel'thalas the reason silvermoon has a Druid trainer already was because they tried using Druidic power before. And second eventhough blood elves do alittle bit of nature training and some even further (these are rangers) blood elves body rejects nature magic to be used (no idea why it just does) by them. And one final thing blood elves are a still VERY prideful race..one reason their ancestors split from night elves was because they didn't like using Druidic magic instead of arcane. So much that they killed a few Druids in protest.

Also as for the combo ppl didn't like.
    Besides the holy cows and night elf mages most ppl were ok with the other combos.
    It is not unhealable. It'd just take a lot of effort and time, which the elves are more than willing to do to restore their homeland. The Druid trainer isn't there for any reason of lore, either. Blizzard put her there so Druids would be able to play the new content without having to travel all the way back to Kalimdor to train. She isn't involved with questing or lore at all.

Blood elves have never used Druidic magic before. The only quests concerning the Dead Scar are ones either killing Scourge, or gathering soil samples (which the quest concluded it was irreversible; However, the Sunwell wasn't reborn yet, and the Magister had only tried Arcane magic, so it can be reversed other ways. For proof, look to the Plaguelands). The only mentioning of Blood Elven Druids was retconned out of lore long ago (Into Magisters creating the protective Runestones, instead of druids).

One of your points is completely wrong and what you say directly contradicts yourself. Rangers actually use a little bit of Nature magic (all hunters do); You say this yourself, then go back and say Blood Elves cannot use Nature magic because "their body rejects it." This is seen nowhere in lore (Do note that I have NOT referred to the BLood Elf "druids" in the BC dungeons. Those are not actually druids).

Yes, they are a prideful race. But that doesn't mean they aren't willing to change to get the job done.

Still, blood elves are very materialistic and it would be very hard to believe that they value things like nature + natural life and other things related.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Still, blood elves are very materialistic and it would be very hard to believe that they value things like nature + natural life and other things related.
    Regardless, they are very protective of their homeland, and they love it. They may not revere all nature, but they love their forests (In the starting area, the questgivers even express remorse for having to put down the lynxs and the tree elementals there). The Dead Scar served as a grim reminder of Arthas and the Scourge, and now that they're gone and they have the power to cleanse it, there's no doubt they would.

Aren't the few Blood Elves that are druids in the Botannica, and also very loyal to Kael'Thas? He was suppose to have taking the best and the brightest of the various warriors mages priests what have you with him when he went to Outland.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Elven_druid Has several conflicting/retcon issues. But it seems Blood Elves/High Elves have had druids at some point in time.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Aren't the few Blood Elves that are druids in the Botannica, and also very loyal to Kael'Thas? He was suppose to have taking the best and the brightest of the various warriors mages priests what have you with him when he went to Outland.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Elven_druid Has several conflicting/retcon issues. But it seems Blood Elves/High Elves have had druids at some point in time.
    That was all retconned out, by the Encyclopedia. The Magisters created the runestones in their place.

Those in the Botannica are NOT druids. There is no relationship between them and nature; They have harmfully corrupted it by arcane means to take control. They're more "evil scientists" and mages than actual druids.

Deleted
    No thanks....

Deleted
    Druids should have been exclusive to Night Elf males.