Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question 【added pic】all the sp weapons of pvp are "one-hand weapon"???!!!!!

all the sp weapons of pvp are "one-hand weapon"……so, all the mist monk can use 2 sp weapons?!!

wtf………………
    sorry for using chinese simplified version

before
    after

ps weapon imbues just work on main hand
    Last edited by roger_66; 2012-07-20 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add pic

They fixed it when one of the Troll dungeons had the issues and Shamans dual weilded. They'll fix this too. Please relax.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reLik View Post
    They fixed it when one of the Troll dungeons had the issues and Shamans dual weilded. They'll fix this too. Please relax.
    Theres nothing to fix. Mistweavers don't get duel wielding and Enh doesnt get SP from weapons anymore I believe, so nobody can duel wield SP weapons for a super effect.

use enhance talent to get 2 sp weapons
    then find our trainer to change our talent……
    then we will find we have 27000+ sp
    but when change the map it will disappeare

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_66 View Post
    use enhance talent to get 2 sp weapons
    then find our trainer to change our talent……
    then we will find we have 27000+ sp
    but when change the map it will disappeare
    Doesnt work like that. When you switch specs while duel wielding to a spec that can't duel wield, you get absolutely no benefit from the weapon still in your off hand.

Here's "duel wielding" as Elemental after switching from Enhancement.

And here's me after removing the "off-hand" weapon.

My stats stay the exact same when removing the off hand. You get absolutely nothing from an off hand weapon while in a spec that doesn't suppose using two weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_66 View Post
    all the sp weapons of pvp are "one-hand weapon"……so, all the mist monk can use 2 sp weapons?!!
    wtf………………
    Can't dual wield when Mistweaver spec. Just like how a shaman can't dual wield while resto spec. So no.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

i dream of the day elemental shaman can dual wield 2 sp weapons....what use is our damn shield anyway, we have the survival of a gnat, we might we well go balls to the wall crazy as damage and kill or be killed imo in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i dream of the day elemental shaman can dual wield 2 sp weapons....what use is our damn shield anyway, we have the survival of a gnat, we might we well go balls to the wall crazy as damage and kill or be killed imo in pvp.
    You complain about the lack of survival yet instead of wishing Blizzard would give you some (which they have given us an abundence of in Mists), you want them to continue with the glass cannon playstyle? That makes no sense whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    You complain about the lack of survival yet instead of wishing Blizzard would give you some (which they have given us an abundence of in Mists), you want them to continue with the glass cannon playstyle? That makes no sense whatsoever
    guess you get used being overlooked for almost 2 years? and have to just accept the playstyle. Also i'd prefer some baseline survival instead of feeling like 4/6 talents are survival so even if i wanted to be more glass cannon the choice isnt even there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    guess you get used being overlooked for almost 2 years? and have to just accept the playstyle. Also i'd prefer some baseline survival instead of feeling like 4/6 talents are survival so even if i wanted to be more glass cannon the choice isnt even there.
    Clearcasting < Enhanced self healing (not a defensive CD, but helps your survivibility)

Lava Surge < Allows you to continue to do damage while possibly moving and without fear of being interrupted. Again not a defensive CD, but it does increase your survivibility by allowing you to keep up some pressure without getting yourself locked out of your spells.

Capacitor Totem < Baseline Stun with the longest stun duration in the game currently and it's aoe.

We might not have a baseline defensive ability like say, Vanish or evasion, but we do have :-

- On demand heals (which are harder to "waste" than a rogues evasion which can easily be countered with a CC spell)
    - Double the armour of most non tank classes
    - The ability to block melee attacks (neglible but still exists)
    - Thunderstorm
    - Wind Shear
    - Grounding Totem
    - Various snares

All as baseline.

10+ Year Old Account
    All as baseline.
    Also, the distinction of "baseline" is an irrelevant one on Live, and even more irrelevant in MoP.

In practice, every player is going to have class abilities, spec abilities, and one of each tier of talent, and 3 major glyphs. Looking at any spec WITHOUT including all of those means you're deliberately ignoring part of the spec's toolkit, for no justifiable reason other than perhaps "my argument only makes sense if I deliberately ignore the evidence that contradicts it".

Capacitor Totem < Baseline Stun with the longest stun duration in the game currently and it's aoe.
    That + Totemic Projection => lots of people crying OP.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Hammer of Justice would like a word with you. Don't spread misinformation to make an ability look better than it really is. Prior to the thread cleanup there were about 20 pages of discussion about Capacitor Totem and how good/bad it is. I myself would take a single target dependable stun vs one that can (and usually will, against any competent pvper) fail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    Hammer of Justice would like a word with you. Don't spread misinformation to make an ability look better than it really is. Prior to the thread cleanup there were about 20 pages of discussion about Capacitor Totem and how good/bad it is. I myself would take a single target dependable stun vs one that can (and usually will, against any competent pvper) fail.
    Misinformation to make an ability look better? Hardly. At one point in the beta, Capacitor totem did have the longest stun duration in the game (and still has the longest aoe stun duration). I just haven't checked out single target stun durations in the past few builds. So it's not spreading anything and I really don't need to make capacitor totem look any better either. Its an aoe stun with a 5 second duration and you can be a competent pvper all you like, but if a shaman is competent enough to pick Totemic Projection and plops it on your ass just as it goes off, no amount of skill is going to get you out of it. Capacitor itself is unreliable but teamed with Totemic Projection, its currently quite godly on Beta right now. If anyone needs to stop spreading misinformation, it's yourself.

Misinformation to make an ability look better? Hardly. At one point in the beta, Capacitor totem did have the longest stun duration in the game (and still has the longest aoe stun duration). I just haven't checked out single target stun durations in the past few builds. So it's not spreading anything and I really don't need to make capacitor totem look any better either. Its an aoe stun with a 5 second duration and you can be a competent pvper all you like, but if a shaman is competent enough to pick Totemic Projection and plops it on your ass just as it goes off, no amount of skill is going to get you out of it. Capacitor itself is unreliable but teamed with Totemic Projection, its currently quite godly on Beta right now. If anyone needs to stop spreading misinformation, it's yourself.
    Godly? Hardly. If you want to do the talent thing, then Hand of Justice trumps TP completely for the stun. 30s CD 6s stun. Or better still: Leg Sweep, on a shorter CD might I add. We get a bastardized ability and people cling to it which guarantees that it never gets tuned up, since people think it's "godly" as is.

Deleted
    Godly? Hardly. If you want to do the talent thing, then Hand of Justice trumps TP completely for the stun. 30s CD 6s stun. Or better still: Leg Sweep, on a shorter CD might I add. We get a bastardized ability and people cling to it which guarantees that it never gets tuned up, since people think it's "godly" as is.
    And the reason it's so much better than both those talents you just mentioned are because those both require you to be in melee range of your target. With TP, you can stun anyone within 40 yards of you for 5 seconds (and also stun those within 8 yards of the totem). We get an amazing stun which when paired with the proper talent can be used to effectively disable an entire group of enemies both in PvP and PvE and without putting yourself in the enemys range. How on earth you can justify even needing to buff the totem is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    One-to-one comparisons between abilities never works out well, because the abilities are designed with the rest of the class and spec's toolkits in mind. They exist within completely different contexts.

I wouldn't say Capacitor Totem is "better" than Leg Sweep or Hammer of Justice, but it has advantages over both (and, yes, disadvantages).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    One-to-one comparisons between abilities never works out well, because the abilities are designed with the rest of the class and spec's toolkits in mind. They exist within completely different contexts.

I wouldn't say Capacitor Totem is "better" than Leg Sweep or Hammer of Justice, but it has advantages over both (and, yes, disadvantages).
    Unfortunately that is the same issue that keeps appearing over and over again. People are trying to compare single abilities to single abilities and trying to use those examples to justify buffs and nerfs, when as you stated (twice in this thread alone), people need to consider the whole package.

As an example Tharkash, Capacitor totem itself is weak. It's an aoe stun that takes time to charge and stays stationary while charging. This makes it extremely easy to counter. However, if you throw in other abilities like TP, Thunderstorm, Frozen Power etc, you can come up with various combo'sto fully utilise the totem and make it incredibly powerful. Need to peel enemies off a team mate? Thunderstorm them away, Freeze them in place then stun them with the totem and TP. You now have your target at a safe distance, stunned and ready to be rooted again once the stun wears off. that is exactly why I don't believe the totem needs buffed anymore and exactly why I consider it to be as strong as I do. There are numerous ways it can be used which is why I labelled it "godly".

And the reason it's so much better than both those talents you just mentioned are because those both require you to be in melee range of your target. With TP, you can stun anyone within 40 yards of you for 5 seconds (and also stun those within 8 yards of the totem). We get an amazing stun which when paired with the proper talent can be used to effectively disable an entire group of enemies both in PvP and PvE and without putting yourself in the enemys range. How on earth you can justify even needing to buff the totem is beyond me.
    Fist of Justice 20yds =/= Melee range. Leg Sweep is, however.
    Disable an entire group? In BGs maybe, but not in arena. Have you even done any pvp in MoP at 90? Having a stun tied to a destructible object is bad design imo, unless they did was a few people suggested on here, and the beta forums and made the person that destroys it get stunned, rather than the AoE stun. That would effectively make it do what every other stun does.. actually stun somebody for pressing the button. Unless they run away, which, in essence, gets you the same thing you were going for.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 11:03 AM ----------

Unfortunately that is the same issue that keeps appearing over and over again. People are trying to compare single abilities to single abilities and trying to use those examples to justify buffs and nerfs, when as you stated (twice in this thread alone), people need to consider the whole package.

As an example Tharkash, Capacitor totem itself is weak. It's an aoe stun that takes time to charge and stays stationary while charging. This makes it extremely easy to counter. However, if you throw in other abilities like TP, Thunderstorm, Frozen Power etc, you can come up with various combo'sto fully utilise the totem and make it incredibly powerful. Need to peel enemies off a team mate? Thunderstorm them away, Freeze them in place then stun them with the totem and TP. You now have your target at a safe distance, stunned and ready to be rooted again once the stun wears off. that is exactly why I don't believe the totem needs buffed anymore and exactly why I consider it to be as strong as I do. There are numerous ways it can be used which is why I labelled it "godly".
    Yes, shaman have a very wide and varied toolbox, but having to string abilities together to get the effect of one button press for most other classes isn't exactly balanced to me.

Deleted
    Fist of Justice 20yds =/= Melee range. Leg Sweep is, however.
    Disable an entire group? In BGs maybe, but not in arena. Have you even done any pvp in MoP at 90? Having a stun tied to a destructible object is bad design imo, unless they did was a few people suggested on here, and the beta forums and made the person that destroys it get stunned, rather than the AoE stun. That would effectively make it do what every other stun does.. actually stun somebody for pressing the button. Unless they run away, which, in essence, gets you the same thing you were going for.
    I haven't personally had issues with people targetting my totem. Though I mainly stick to BG's. Maybe it's a different ball game in Arena, but I'm sure any competent shaman would make use of any LoS available and not drop their Capacitor out the open for everyone to see before moving it with TP. Though if that were as issue (I'm not saying its not) then you're suggestion would be a suitable "fix" in my opinion.