Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    just drink a lot of water, but really, unless you can actually SEE the weight gain, I don't think it's anything to obsess about. As long as you are healthy you're fine
    Thats what my boyfriend thought too, then he became a diabetic. the funny thing hes only about 50kilos.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I did drink lots of milk this week. Maybe i'm lactose intolerant. Would that make me retain water?
    If you're lactose intolerant you will notice it. you will be bloated feel sick, often enough trough up and have diarrea.
    if you retain water you will have swellings at diffrent parts of your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Thats what my boyfriend thought too, then he became a diabetic. the funny thing hes only about 50kilos.
    50 kilo's is 110 pounds, I really hope he is more than that. If hes not, he should really look into working out, not just for health but people will view him differently ( in a good way)

I did drink lots of milk this week. Maybe i'm lactose intolerant. Would that make me retain water?
    Water retention accounts for approximately 4.4 pounds a day with no urination/sweat. (see above parameters) Bowel retention will add up fast too. Exlax and get to some spring, bowel cleaning

I was finally getting rid of my manboobs and now they are coming back.
    If you've got noticeable tit-gain in 8 days, I'd seek out someone in a medical field.

Weighing yourself at consistent conditions and times?

You haven't gained 8 pounds of fat in 7 days, that's near impossible, so stop worrying, either your water retention etc was low before or it is high now. Probably a lot of coincidental factors though.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah 8 pounds in 7 days..that's water weight/fat/something? lol and your probaly not bulking up haha
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoballs View Post
    50 kilo's is 110 pounds, I really hope he is more than that. If hes not, he should really look into working out, not just for health but people will view him differently ( in a good way)
    He's not more than that, he weighed himself recently and thats really what appeared. he's one of those really skinny guys.
    he doesent really work out or whatever, but appearently he tried at some point but he never put on any muscle or weight

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Yeah haven't sweated at all in 7 days...godda love a/c. Might have to turn them off for a few days because i'm going out of town to see some relatives and friends i haven't seen in years. sigh

He's not more than that, he weighed himself recently and thats really what appeared. he's one of those really skinny guys.
    he doesent really work out or whatever, but appearently he tried at some point but he never put on any muscle or weight
    That's actually really disgusting

Let us hope he never needs to defend himself or you from anything larger than a medium-sized dog or lift a 50 lb object.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    how tall is your friend..is he 5 feet tall?

10+ Year Old Account
    110lbs is obscenely skinny for a healthy person that isn't super short - to put it into perspective: I am missing a lung and a kidney and am wiry-but-fit now after having had cancer for 9 years, and I still weigh 130lbs (5'7").

As to him trying to put on mass and failing - I completely sympathize and understand. Putting on mass as a skinny guy is much harder than trying to lose it, and it takes much longer to see any gains that will motivate you to keep trying.

I really would recommend he start trying to get some more mass though - as he ages he will become pretty frail if he never gets up over 110.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-07-16 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    That's actually really disgusting

Let us hope he never needs to defend himself or you from anything larger than a medium-sized dog or lift a 50 lb object.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. In my humble opinion you're no man if you weigh less than 80 kilos.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its water weight, since I doubt you're moving alot, you're not doing 1 or 2, which means it stays there.
    Howay the lads!

Presumably by the sounds of it because he ate absolutely nothing whilst doing it. Sounds incredibly unhealthy, his body fat will actually be surprisingly high given there is little else on him.

That would make you shit like nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either you ate billions of calories which you say you didn't.
    Water retention, crap is in your ass that needs relieving, do you have a mega colon? (Don't google it, trust me).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by remilia View Post
    do you have a mega colon? (don't google it, trust me).
    Oh God why!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. In my humble opinion you're no man if you weigh less than 80 kilos.
    A man is defined through his actions, and not through his weight....

Other than that, OP... you have other things to worry about. 8 pounds in 7 days is a little bit odd, but nothing too extreme. Water can be a bitch sometimes... just weight yourself in 7 days again, early in the morning after youve done "your job".

10+ Year Old Account
    Weight fluctuates. It's always best to weigh yourself the same time of the day. Eight pounds seems a bit extreme, but not unheard of if you had just eaten a meal, hadn't has a bowel movement that day, and retaining water from salty foods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    (Don't google it, trust me).
    That's like saying don't think about a crocodile. I won't be googling though, goatse has scarred me for life and no more colon related things will be entering my search box

Anyway OP, you say you havent had a metric ton of calories in the past couple of days but those beers are chock full of 'em. I'll assume those cans are 568ml since someone said they were tall (a pint can would be tall here I suppose) so depending on the brand you could be sipping down upwards of 1600 calories a night. Add that to whatever food you eat and weight gain is probably a sure thing. Unemployed so probably a sedentary lifestyle which can only contribute to more weight gain.

Use your spare time to go for a run, play a sport, learn about your body and what things you should and shouldn't put into it and just generally change your lifestyle, the weight will soon drop off. Drinking heavily and getting high every night will get you nowhere.