Page 1 of 38
... LastLast
    Deleted

Hardcore raider's recognition

Today, if someone came to me and said he had done 8/8 heroic DS, it would mean nothing to me as the entire place has been nerfed ages ago, and people have had time to gear up the entire guild and their mothers.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like my accomplishments are being diminished as, with the nerfs, more and more guilds keep killing the bosses and gaining the exact same mounts, loot, achievements -- everything. Now, I get that, and that's cool; I'm not saying that Blizzard should design a custom mount only for the top 1% (although, they pretty much do just that for pvp). What I was thinking was something small and irrelevant, a little trophy. Maybe a recolored tier set or just a feat of strenght saying something like "managed to kill all encounters in x instance before any nerfs".

So, do you think it would be unreasonable to request a small recognition for one's efforts at the high-end raiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't unreasonable at all, but you can't have great PVE players feeling special or getting rare rewards or everyone else can't feel like special snowflakes.

Deleted
    Imho feeling special snowflake is the point of MMOs

I typically would just shrug this off but I agree with the Feat of Strength idea. Thats not really much but its something. Doesnt effect anyone but the high end. Would be a nice little token of past ventures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I do, actually. It leads to special snowflakes who do nothing but complain about the REST of the WoW population finally getting to try out the content they paid for.

I never did understand that concept. This is a freaking game. This isn't a job, it isn't real life. It does not make you a celebrity, it does not get you laid (on the contrary, usually) and it certainly does not earn you money. Yet some people seem to feel they need some sort of recognition for completing some raid, or downing some boss, before the rest of us did. Sure, you put a lot of hard work and dedication into it. Grats. I'll just wait several months later until they nerf it, then go in and spend half a day doing what took you a few weeks to perfect. And after I've done so, and feel like I accomplished something, I will move on with my life, while the special snowflakes who did it 'back when it was hard' will sit around in chat or on forums, complaining about the instances/bosses being nerfed and the game sucks now. I'm sure in just a few minutes, I can find at least a handful of threads and hundreds of posts on here on that exact subject. "My guild and I spent X hours/days/weeks in X instance and finally did it. Now the scrubs are doing it on a weekly basis! Blizzard hates us hardcore players!" If that's the biggest complaint you have, I fear that real life is going to smack you in the face extremely hard.

You already get titles, you get to wear gear before everyone else does, and you get all the rare drops (mounts, gear) before everyone else does. Your achievements for downing said bosses and clearing said instances are date-stamped, so anyone who looks at your achievements will know when you got it. You want us to spray-paint your name on an overpass or something? We already can't have T3 replica transmog gear because of special snowflakes, nobody can transmog level 60 PvP gear except special snowflakes. Now you want MORE recognition for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    It isn't unreasonable at all, but you can't have great PVE players feeling special or getting rare rewards or everyone else can't feel like special snowflakes.
    Like I said before, I'm not suggesting anything that would require a lot of work from Blizzard, or anything that would give the rewarded players an advantage over others.

Other than that, your post hardly makes sense to me. Following your logic, I'm guessing they should remove achievements, gear and mounts altogether as well? If you put in the time, and are successful, you get rewarded. That's how each and every one of those things works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yeah, I do, actually. It leads to special snowflakes who do nothing but complain about the REST of the WoW population finally getting to try out the content they paid for.

I never did understand that concept. This is a freaking game. This isn't a job, it isn't real life. It does not make you a celebrity, it does not get you laid (on the contrary, usually) and it certainly does not earn you money. Yet some people seem to feel they need some sort of recognition for completing some raid, or downing some boss, before the rest of us did. Sure, you put a lot of hard work and dedication into it. Grats. I'll just wait several months later until they nerf it, then go in and spend half a day doing what took you a few weeks to perfect. And after I've done so, and feel like I accomplished something, I will move on with my life, while the special snowflakes who did it 'back when it was hard' will sit around in chat or on forums, complaining about the instances/bosses being nerfed and the game sucks now. I'm sure in just a few minutes, I can find at least a handful of threads and hundreds of posts on here on that exact subject. "My guild and I spent X hours/days/weeks in X instance and finally did it. Now the scrubs are doing it on a weekly basis! Blizzard hates us hardcore players!" If that's the biggest complaint you have, I fear that real life is going to smack you in the face extremely hard.

You already get titles, you get to wear gear before everyone else does, and you get all the rare drops (mounts, gear) before everyone else does. Your achievements for downing said bosses and clearing said instances are date-stamped, so anyone who looks at your achievements will know when you got it. You want us to spray-paint your name on an overpass or something? We already can't have T3 replica transmog gear because of special snowflakes, nobody can transmog level 60 PvP gear except special snowflakes. Now you want MORE recognition for it?
    You're a retard.

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-07-07 at 07:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was sarcasm lol. I agree with your premise, it would be nice if "elite" raiders were able to get special rewards ala PVP drakes or recolored tier sets. But Blizzard can't really do that because Blizzard feels the content NEEDS to be nerfed in order to provide incentive for people to play it. Removing rewards also removes incentive.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is still many reasons to feel special - those are simply different than before. For example what matters now is not if you killed sth but when you did it. Guilds which kill bosses before major nerfs still get quite a lot recognition.

Deleted

And it's people like you that have sent WoW in the shitty direction it's heading now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are truly vying for world first then your already doing a "nerfed" raid. You are using someone else's tactics, videos, and guides to beat the bosses and learn what they do. By the time you get to the final boss most of the bugs have been fixed so you don't have to fight as many of them. What exactly makes you a "special snowflake" at that point? Being a special snowflake is the point of single player games where its just you being the man, not you and 9-24 buddies.

I wouldn't mind them giving out an ingame trophy but it should only go to the raid team that gets world first. Second place is just the first loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagga View Post
    So, do you think it would be unreasonable to request a small recognition for one's efforts at the high-end raiding?
    Those doing the world firsts deserve and get their recognition. The rest are getting what they deserve. Everybody in your realm knows which guilds did the instances first and which did after nerfs, what else you want?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    This wouldbe good because anyone could get it at any poit sense you can remove the buff at the start of the raid.
    -Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
    -Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.
    -Never miss a good chance to shut up.

The things in bold (the things you state are cared about) I actually care very little for. The people who want the prestige don't care that they got it earlier than everyone else, they care that they got it in its difficult state. They care that they worked hard for it and outplayed 99% of people, yet now people with a fraction of the coordination (i've been in pug runs that got past heroic spine, DRAGGING people through it) get literally the same thing. Its like saying you're a doctor, you earned 200k last year. I'm a bedpan-changer, and next year my salary matches yours, with SO much less effort. We both buy the same car, yet you worked your butt off for it and I just kinda frolicked around. That wouldn't piss you off?

Also, about the no life comment, this is coming from someone who raided 2 days a week and still got it done before a lot of people. World-first? No, I couldn't be bothered to stare at a screen for half-days at a time. Respectable time frame? Heck yea. Don't need "no life" to figure out algorithms and 3rd person movement. Don't be simple minded, it makes you look stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kichiro View Post
    This wouldbe good because anyone could get it at any poit sense you can remove the buff at the start of the raid.
    Absolutely! I really liked the way they created Herald of the Titans. Well, the intention anyway.

E: +1 internets @ Gande
    Last edited by mmoc65e4c0ee42; 2012-07-07 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagga View Post
    I have that recognition.

It's my guild tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexedlol View Post
    And it's people like you that have sent WoW in the shitty direction it's heading now.
    And how exactly? For telling it like it is? There wasn't one word in his post that isn't true. That really pains the elitists, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Imho feeling special snowflake is the point of MMOs
    Epeen is just a bastardized synonym for "Pride."

It's what rappers rap about every day. It's how Lil Wayne makes his millions. It's what his fans love to hear him talk about.

But someone is showing off in a video game? HERESY I TELLS YA! BURN THE SNOWFLAKE!
    Last edited by HeedmySpeed; 2012-07-07 at 07:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMedic View Post
    There wasn't one word in his post that isn't true.
    Really? Let's have a look at the claims:

"This is a freaking game..."

1) ".. It does not make you a celebrity"
    WRONG. For one, Kungen is a well recognized character around the internet.

2) ".. it does not get you laid"
    WRONG. I personally know people that have hooked up through the game.

3) ".. and it certainly does not earn you money"
    WRONG. Have you not heard about gold farmers or arena boosters?
    Last edited by mmoc65e4c0ee42; 2012-07-07 at 07:51 AM.

You want people to recognize that you got 8/8h DS before the nerf? link your achivement. You aren't going to get a special pony for being better than everyone else.

Blizzard has never rewarded players for downing content before nerfs. They aren't going to start now.