Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grievous_bodily_harm

Didn't realise it was specific to the UK. Basically, savage/brutal beatings and the like. What I've seen via them GIF's and stuff is just.. barbaric and animalistic. Sorry if you're into it, it's just the way that it has come across to me. Seeing someone get their face thumped endlessly with fists isn't entertaining. To me, at least.
    Ohh....

I am off to bed, was a very good raid tonight, was fun and good fast clear on the farm,

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodnight Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Night Joy!

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Boom!

+ 46

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    What if a hypothetical student got very bad grades (say, 40th percentile), yet got at least in the 95th percentile for class specific tests? How would this hypothetical student fair in attempting to apply to university?
    So, in class tests (not officially examinations), he did super-well, but flopped in official examinations?

His grading would be based off those official examinations, and as such, that 40%.

But it's not a one-shot thing. Those exams can be retaken. Okay, maybe I should start from when a kid is 16, and if he got the required grades:

Start your AS (first year) levels in September. Study Unit 1 till January. In January, you get an official exam on that Unit 1. Once done, you go back to studying afterwards, this time it's Unit 2. That is studied from January till May, when you're examined officially on that Unit 2. About March time, you would have gotten your Unit 1 results back, and if you didn't get the grades that you wanted, you can resit this unit also in May.

In August, you would have gotten the results for Unit 1 and 2, and they are put together to create an average grade. Each unit contributes a different amount to your overall grade, so Unit 1 makes up 30% and Unit 2 makes up 70%, etc.

Start your A2 (second year) levels in September. Study Unit 3 till January. Official exam on Unit 3. Study Unit 4 till May. Get results, etc. Now, additionally, if you didn't get the grades you wanted in year one, you can resit Unit 1 and 2 an additional time. They can be resit either in January or May. For an unlimited amount of times (it depends on your school/college whether you have to pay for resits). Every time you do a resit, they always take the highest grade that you got out of all of them.

Say.. first time you did Unit 1, you got 20 out of 90. Next resit, you got 70 out of 90. Third resit, you got 40 out of 90. The grade that'll be counted is your highest one.. which was the 70 out of 90 one.

Now, when you apply for Uni, they generally look at your A2 overall grade, that is made up of the various units from year one and two.

That's the general gist of it. It sorta depends on the subject. For example, I do Sociology. We're examined in the way that I've explained. But in comparison, in Physics in my school, they don't do January exams. Instead, at the end of year 1 (AS), they test you on both Unit 1 and 2, and at the end of year 2 (A2), they test you on both Unit 3 and 4. This limits the chances of resits, but you don't have to face that initial exam pressure at January. It really depends.

But completely in comparison, in Art, we have coursework, which makes up 60% of our grade. Till about March/April, we work on two projects which have to follow a design brief (design an advertisement, design a sculpture around a theme for a specific place, etc), and after then (till may), you work on your exam (the other 40%). The exam consists of those previous weeks being spent doing research/experimentation/stuff, and on the exam day, you're under exam conditions to create that piece that you've been working towards since when you started on your exam's research (march till may).

At the end, if you get those grades, you'll be accepted into a university. If not, you'll have to find something else to do.

Now, I think that all makes sense. If you don't get anything, just say.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 11:19 PM ----------

Sorry for that wall of text. :x

+ 47.

Night Joy.

Deleted
    + 45

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Goodnight Joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Night Joy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Night Joy.
    \o/

<3

Nighty again

Deleted
    Night Joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 46

Night Joy.

Deleted
    Bored.

Stop game is borked.

Deleted
    + 46

Why am I typing stop instead of stupid now?

Night Joy

I need to get some brushes, but i can't let the +50 get taken!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    + 46

Why am I typing stop instead of stupid now?

Because dicks or something.

+47

I type up my wall of text and Deca is offline. 3:

+ 48.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 49

+ 50

Gotcha!

You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted