1. #84581
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NKJxV.gif[IMG]
    What is that thing? A friend of mine has a thing like that and I pretty much have no idea what good it's for.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  2. #84582
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I honestly don't remember. I think I just started tasting a bit of this and that and eventually realised that trying out new things isn't that bad. I remember my grandma almost shoving food down my throat when I was little so I could eat and gain some weight. Maybe that had somehting to do with it too.
    I like trying new stuff.. but if I don't like it, I'll never go anywhere near it again.


    And I think the only sport that I've ever enjoyed and been good at is Badminton..

    Ask me to kick a ball or hit one with a bat in any other game? I will miss.

  3. #84583
    Dreadlord Nightfury Treann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colombia Spire
    Posts
    632
    +27

    Shooting counts as a sport?
    "#Got99ProblemsAndTreannAintOne" ~ElyPop

  4. #84584
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Cancel for now, resub when you feel like playing again!
    Thing is, I feel like I'm betraying my guild when I do that. I'm part of the core raidgroup, I'm there every raidnight. Suddenly not showing up anymore would just make me feel guilty, even if I tell them beforehand...

    O haj kitteh. Welcome to the fat club I guess.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2012-11-25 at 02:24 AM.

  5. #84585
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Shooting counts as a sport?
    I guess so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Thing is, I feel like I'm betraying my guild when I do that. I'm part of the core raidgroup, I'm there every raidnight. Suddenly not showing up anymore would just make me feel guilty, even if I tell them beforehand...
    Well, if you're not enjoying it, you're going to have to tell them. Dragging yourself along just for their benefit? It's unfair to you.

  6. #84586
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Thing is, I feel like I'm betraying my guild when I do that. I'm part of the core raidgroup, I'm there every raidnight. Suddenly not showing up anymore would just make me feel guilty, even if I tell them beforehand...
    If you're done, you're done, you'll only grow to resent your raid team otherwise.

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  7. #84587
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I like trying new stuff.. but if I don't like it, I'll never go anywhere near it again.

    And I think the only sport that I've ever enjoyed and been good at is Badminton..

    Ask me to kick a ball or hit one with a bat in any other game? I will miss.
    Same here. If I don't like something I'm not going to give it a second shot. I won't force myself to eat something I dislike.

    Tsk, same. On some level I liked baseball, but the motivation was drained out when the result was MISS! MISS! MISS! But with martial arts I was pretty good.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  8. #84588
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Yeah. Looking good with no effort required. Lucky bastard! And he doesn't even go to the gym or anything. Pffft.

    I actually liked martial arts but the typical sports like running, football... I'm not diggin' those.
    You should do Muay Thai!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    What is that thing? A friend of mine has a thing like that and I pretty much have no idea what good it's for.
    It's called a shake weight.


  9. #84589
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    I did cross country for a year and a half (I did the practices, but I panic too much at meets to do well) but it was sort of awful and I remember losing like, 5 pounds, which is a really big deal for me. I always was and still am to some degree, very good at sprinting and short distance running, but I was terrible as cross country just because we would run like 8 miles per day and if you were new, it was brutal and made you never want to show up again.

    Is badminton the one that's like tennis, but not?

    That's what they call a shake weight, Ave, they're generally made fun of a lot because of how you use it suggests...something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  10. #84590
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Thing is, I feel like I'm betraying my guild when I do that. I'm part of the core raidgroup, I'm there every raidnight. Suddenly not showing up anymore would just make me feel guilty, even if I tell them beforehand...
    Try explaining your situation to them? At least take a break if you don't enjoy yourself. Some time off might clear your thoughts about the situation a bit better.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  11. #84591
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    If you're done, you're done, you'll only grow to resent your raid team otherwise.
    The raiding itself is quite enjoyeable though. Last week I got my bow, which actually gave that rush again from 'your first epic'. But I had the same in Cata, I quit the day I got Malevolence. So maybe I should just quit.

  12. #84592
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,492
    Holy mother of wasted money. Remind me to never drink again! 800swe/kr to get hickups and that's it. -.-
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  13. #84593
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    That's what they call a shake weight, Ave, they're generally made fun of a lot because of how you use it suggests...something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    It's called a shake weight.

    [video=youtube;DzzDUmVUhTY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzzDUmVUhTY[video]
    I think the video is a perfect example of what you suggested. I couldn't stop laughing at it. x'D

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  14. #84594
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Same here. If I don't like something I'm not going to give it a second shot. I won't force myself to eat something I dislike.

    Tsk, same. On some level I liked baseball, but the motivation was drained out when the result was MISS! MISS! MISS! But with martial arts I was pretty good.
    O lol, baseball. We used to play that during PE. I was so bad at it, but sometimes I had lucky moments. The 2 most memorable are me scoring a gamewinning homerun and in another game a gamewinning catchball(or whatever the English term is). That was a weird moment, the ball was literally coming straight for my face and suddenly my hand was there to catch it. Could've ended with a lot of pain instead :P

  15. #84595
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    The infomercial is actually probably worse.

    Hi Jeav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  16. #84596
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Is badminton the one that's like tennis, but not?
    Smaller, lighter, longer rackets. A shuttlecock instead of a tennis ball. And a higher net. Otherwise, it's basically the same.

    I generally don't like the size/weight of tennis rackets and the weight/strength of the ball when hit. Badminton's just right for me.

    Oh, and I also can't catch a ball for shit. Basically, I'm bad at every sport aside from badminton.

  17. #84597
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Holy mother of wasted money. Remind me to never drink again! 800swe/kr to get hickups and that's it. -.-
    Enjoyed the rose?

  18. #84598
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    O lol, baseball. We used to play that during PE. I was so bad at it, but sometimes I had lucky moments. The 2 most memorable are me scoring a gamewinning homerun and in another game a gamewinning catchball(or whatever the English term is). That was a weird moment, the ball was literally coming straight for my face and suddenly my hand was there to catch it. Could've ended with a lot of pain instead :P
    Just the thought of a baseball hitting your face... Owwie. Those buggers are as hard as a rock.
    And I was bad at sports like baseball because I have bad joints, especially my wrists are a bit wonky. So I couldn't really muster up the strength to hit the ball that hard.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  19. #84599
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    The raiding itself is quite enjoyeable though. Last week I got my bow, which actually gave that rush again from 'your first epic'. But I had the same in Cata, I quit the day I got Malevolence. So maybe I should just quit.
    I know, but you said that the raiding alone isn't worth your 12 euro a month.

    So unless one of them is going to pay it for you, it's best just to stop.

    I wish some epics would damn well drop for me.... *lesigh*

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  20. #84600
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I think the video is a perfect example of what you suggested. I couldn't stop laughing at it. x'D
    On the subject of videos like this.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •