1. #78101
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    what would changing the win number do? We'd either win or lose faster.
    Get back in your cage. Don't make me get the hose!

    Changing the mods number would do the same.

  2. #78102
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    People might feel more motivated though. Most of the players (and mods) don't post a number every 10 minutes.
    Plus it beats not having anyone win for hours on end.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 04:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Get back in your cage. Don't make me get the hose!
    * Earth-bends a boulder into p00


    ten cars

  3. #78103
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    * Earth-bends a boulder into p00


    ten cars

  4. #78104
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    People might feel more motivated though. Most of the players (and mods) don't post a number every 10 minutes.
    I doubt it would change anything like that really. Joy isn't going to suddenly post numbers more often b/c it takes 10 less points to win.(using him as an example as he rarely posts numbers). Like I said, it would just happen more often.

  5. #78105
    Dreadlord Zerioc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    People might feel more motivated though. Most of the players (and mods) don't post a number every 10 minutes.
    I don't think changing the number is going to do that.

    Let's face it, the majority of people who post here don't post for the game itself. I know I don't. People who aren't already posting at 10m intervals most likely are the same.

    All changing the number would do is make each round end faster. The issue is that, atm, we need 2 players per mod playing. We don't have a 2:1 ratio of players:mods, and as long as we don't the end number doesn't really matter. Once mods get going, unless we have that 2:1 at the time, they've won.

    At least, that's me. I could be wrong. I'm tired.

  6. #78106
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    I don't think changing the number is going to do that.

    Let's face it, the majority of people who post here don't post for the game itself. I know I don't. People who aren't already posting at 10m intervals most likely are the same.

    All changing the number would do is make each round end faster. The issue is that, atm, we need 2 players per mod playing. We don't have a 2:1 ratio of players:mods, and as long as we don't the end number doesn't really matter. Once mods get going, unless we have that 2:1 at the time, they've won.

    At least, that's me. I could be wrong. I'm tired.
    This is the issue that's been brought up for modstrikes, cept this isn't a modstrike. This is due to more mod activity due to new mods(some newer mods are posting even, not just ones like Maj and Dyra). We outnumber them, but we don't double them. The game isn't going to be balanced unfortunately, so idk. But yeah, most people post here to hang with the people they know rather than play the game itself.

  7. #78107
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    I don't think changing the number is going to do that.

    Let's face it, the majority of people who post here don't post for the game itself. I know I don't. People who aren't already posting at 10m intervals most likely are the same.

    All changing the number would do is make each round end faster. The issue is that, atm, we need 2 players per mod playing. We don't have a 2:1 ratio of players:mods, and as long as we don't the end number doesn't really matter. Once mods get going, unless we have that 2:1 at the time, they've won.

    At least, that's me. I could be wrong. I'm tired.
    Yeah, you're definitely right, hell, I often go hours without posting a number. Mods seem to do a better job of posting numbers regularly, so we need more than a 2:1 ratio to keep the balance. Not that it really matters who wins how quickly, because as you said, people really don't post here because of the game (most of the time).

    Anyways, I have tests tomorrow, and I'm already tired, so I'm going to bed. Have fun everyone, and wish me luck in dreamland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  8. #78108
    Dreadlord Nightfury Treann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colombia Spire
    Posts
    632
    -27

    Why not leaving how it is for at least more than 2 weeks to see?!
    "#Got99ProblemsAndTreannAintOne" ~ElyPop

  9. #78109
    Dreadlord Zerioc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    916
    I dunno if I wanna pick up BlOps2 or not. And apparently I may not be getting a WiiU because Lawlmart b dum. D:

  10. #78110
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    - 26

    Night Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    I dunno if I wanna pick up BlOps2 or not. And apparently I may not be getting a WiiU because Lawlmart b dum. D:
    Don't buy BlOps II!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you do, I'll never let you live it down. EVER!

  11. #78111
    Dreadlord Zerioc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Don't buy BlOps II!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you do, I'll never let you live it down. EVER!
    It seems fun though

    I may just wait until Dec. Think a friend of mine is building his PC again and think he'll be getting it.

    Still want a WiiU though! D: At least if I don't get a WiiU I could order 52 from Amazon.

  12. #78112
    Dreadlord Nightfury Treann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colombia Spire
    Posts
    632
    - 25
    "#Got99ProblemsAndTreannAintOne" ~ElyPop

  13. #78113
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    It seems fun though

    I may just wait until Dec. Think a friend of mine is building his PC again and think he'll be getting it.
    Still want a WiiU though! D: At least if I don't get a WiiU I could order 52 from Amazon.
    Don't buy into the CoD hype. Buy into the Crysis 3 hype instead



  14. #78114
    Dreadlord Zerioc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Don't buy into the CoD hype. Buy into the Crysis 3 hype instead

    Meh. Never played any of the Crysis games. No real interest in them due to that. Plus it seems that the MP always dies faster on them than CoD. And that's what I'm mostly interested in.

    [e]: Unrelated, but who (if anyone) is still playing Rift? Have some questions.
    [e2]: I'm gonna go play Paper Mario since I bought the new one tonight. PM me if you could answer schtuff about Rift.

    GN;HF, peoples.
    Last edited by Zerioc; 2012-11-15 at 06:00 AM.

  15. #78115
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    Meh. Never played any of the Crysis games. No real interest in them due to that. Plus it seems that the MP always dies faster on them than CoD. And that's what I'm mostly interested in.

    [e]: Unrelated, but who (if anyone) is still playing Rift? Have some questions.
    [e2]: I'm gonna go play Paper Mario since I bought the new one tonight. PM me if you could answer schtuff about Rift.

    GN;HF, peoples.
    The Crysis games are absolutely worth trying out!

    Night Zeri.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 10:36 PM ----------


  16. #78116
    Bloodsail Admiral Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Back in Sweden
    Posts
    1,132
    Whoah, morning, almost overslept. I gotta go right now.
    My SC2 stream, bitchz, love goes to Elyaan the Weird and Fantastical Unicorn.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  17. #78117
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Morning Wass.
    Bai Wass.

  18. #78118
    Morning peoples.
    Reading pages \o/
    Everyone seen Zlatan's 4th last night? Jeez.

  19. #78119
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    - 24

    Morning Hunty.

  20. #78120
    Hi Fling, just us around?
    How are you?

    - 23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •