Heroic Madness Tank CD Rotation - Impale Help

Hello -- I'm back again for (hopefully) my final inquiry on how to clear heroic DS. We are now on Heroic Madness and ran into issues with tanks getting roflstomped by Impale.

Setup:

Tanks: Prot War/Blood DK
    Heals: HPal, RShammy, RDruid
    DPS: SPriest, CRogue, EShammy, AMage, SHunter

We played around with having the SPriest try to take the impales with Dispersion and had some success so we might try to 1 tank it but anyways:

What would be a good CD rotation for our setup for each of the platforms? We seem to be having some issues.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    We did it like this:

First Platform
    1 - Shield Wall + Dream + Hand of Sacrifice + Stay of Execution
    2 - Dispersion

Second Platform
    1 - Shield Wall + Pain Suppression + Hand of Sacrifice + Stay of Execution
    2 - Dispersion

Third Platform
    1 - Shield Wall + Last Stand + Hand of Sacrifce + Stay of Execution
    2 - Dispersion

Forth Platform
    1 - Shield Wall + Pain Suppression + Hand of Sacrifice + Stay of Execution
    2 - Dispersion

Since you don't have a Disc priest I'd advise you to try solo-tanking using your Blood DK since they, as far as I know, can take every single impale by using thier Blood Shield correctly. Someone will have to back me up on this though

Stole this CD rotation from another thread, it seemed reasonable

Plat 1: Dream + Vampiric Blood (Unglyphed) and Bone Shield
    Plat 2: Early Icebound Fortitude + Vampiric Blood (Unglyphed) + Bone Shield
    Plat 3: Icebound Fortitude if you have it or use Empowered Rune Weapon, hit your Dancing Rune Weapon to try parry a hit or two and stack your shield up high then + Vampiric Blood (Unglyphed) and Bone Shield
    Plat 4: Anything you got. Icebound Fortitude if it's up else Dancing Rune Weapon + Army of the Dead + Bone Shield + Vampiric Blood (Unglyphed) + as much shield as you can stack.

you can slap a Hand of Sacrifice on each of those as well as the Stay of Execution trinket and let your SPriest take the second one on each platform
    Last edited by mmoc6d1a2d0551; 2012-07-17 at 06:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirox View Post
    Plat 1: Dream + Vampiric Blood (Unglyphed) and Bone Shield
    Plat 2: Early Icebound Fortitude + Vampiric Blood (Unglyphed) + Bone Shield
    Plat 3: Icebound Fortitude if you have it or use Empowered Rune Weapon, hit your Dancing Rune Weapon to try parry a hit or two and stack your shield up high then + Vampiric Blood (Unglyphed) and Bone Shield
    Plat 4: Anything you got. Icebound Fortitude if it's up else Dancing Rune Weapon + Army of the Dead + Bone Shield + Vampiric Blood (Unglyphed) + as much shield as you can stack
    this is very impractical

(vampiric blood+blood shield at every impale)
    1 : Dream+Bone shield
    2 : Bone shield + IBF
    3 : Bone shield + DRW + army of the dead (might want to use your empower rune weapon here)
    4 : Bone shield + IBF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkio View Post
    this is very impractical

(vampiric blood+blood shield at every impale)
    1 : Dream+Bone shield
    2 : Bone shield + IBF
    3 : Bone shield + DRW + army of the dead (might want to use your empower rune weapon here)
    4 : Bone shield + IBF
    Yeah do what he said

Deleted
    what i do as a prot war:

i take the first impale on the first 3 platforms, 4th i take 2nd:

1st: Shield wall + dream + stay of execution
    2nd: shieldwall + stay + Enraged regen
    3rd: shieldwall + last stand + stay
    4th: shieldwall + rallying cry + stay + sac

This is on 10man hc.
    I time my revenge also so i have an absorb from that on every impale.
    Got almost full hc gear though now. missing 2 items for BiS.

When i was lower geared i had Sac on every impale + an HP pot on the 4th impale.

We 2man heal with a pala + shaman or pala + druid.

Hope this helped GL!

1) make sure tanks put up the -physical damage debuff
    2) make sure resto shammy is putting the +damage reduction and +hp on tanks

a lot of damage removed right there

Deleted
    Also little things you can do if you are getting 2x impales, get your warrior to spec into safeguard, he can give the DK 30% reduce for every impale, its also nice in p2 when tanking the big adds.

an extra small trick I did myself, "Protection, 2P -- Your Revenge ability now also grants a physical absorption shield equal to 20% of the damage done by Revenge."

so basicly you can keep the revenge ready and hit it when the impale starts casting

just seems to me that your tanks dont really know their own classes very well, its the small things that makes the diffrence.

Deleted
    Since our group has enough dps to only take 1 impale per add we do it like this (With a DK tank):

1st platform - Tank uses Dream+Vampic Blood(Unglyphed for extra HP)
    2nd platform - Tank uses Icebound Fortitude + Vampiric Blood(Unglyphed for extra HP)
    3rd platform - Tank uses Dancing Rune Weapon + Army of the Dead for reduced dmg + Vampiric Blood (Unglyphed for extra HP) + External CD from paladins and priests (sacrifice/pain suppresion)
    4th platform - Tank uses Icebound fortitude+Vampiric Blood(Unglyphed for extra HP), we save dps cooldowns for this platform since we want to kill the add as soon as possible to kill it before the meteor lands.

As a DK tank you want to time your deathstrikes as best as possible before so you have the highest shield you can have before impales.
    Its worth noting that we use 2 healers + 1 tank for this.

You have a blood DK, if he is good then it should be faceroll. Have your prot respec into the 30% damage reduction when he intervenes. That should give you a really nice cushion.

Whenever you warrior takes an impale SW and HoS from paladin and last stand the 3rd platform ontop of those other CDs.

On the 4th platform, have the blood DK take the first impale and have your rogue/priest/hunter take the second impale during the bolt. The corruption should be dead before a 3rd impale.