Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The point is they won't change dalaran in-game appropriately, and I am about 99.9% sure of that. So this is entirely pointless, and a major reason why I can never get into Wow lore.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Jaina's affection for Kul'Tiras is particularly substantial - they did pretty much try to kill her and sabotaged her peace plans with the horde in the Rexxar campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    The point is they won't change dalaran in-game appropriately, and I am about 99.9% sure of that. So this is entirely pointless, and a major reason why I can never get into Wow lore.
    Several NPC's are "at the same time" in-game in different locations.
    A floating, mobile city doing the same isn't too far-fetched.
    Especially if the city in question is on a continent perpetually stuck in 2008 - 2010 for gameplay reasons.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Good, at least something is going ok.

Yes! Out with you filthy horde!

Deleted
    There will never be an Alliance-only city without a counterpart for the Horde.

That would be kinda awesome, and there can always be two Dalarans (Northrend is in a time bubble anyhow). Lose Theramore, get Dalaran, fine by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendanb View Post
    If it's not going to be in both places at once, (Which, it very well could be considering different timelines) then it will most assuredly be back in Hillsbrad.
    Smack dab in the middle of the Forsaken forces...I can see why that would be the logical place but... tactically even with a magical protection that seems a bit zany.

I guess Northrend Dalaran will remain frozen in time for Horde use but that's sad I love Dalaran. Loved every moment I spent in it, even when it was Lagaran. Random Mammoth Trains, crazy cool additions to the city, wonderful atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Rhonin will probably die.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2012-07-17 at 10:10 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Ok. This time, the Alliance get a huge fortress and the Horde can have 3 tents and a wooden tower. Fair's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wouldn't that mean a WotLK quest make over? I wonder if Blizzard will go there....
    I could honestly see this happening in the next expansion. Notice how the tweet says "later in the Mists patch cycle". My guess is that Dalaran will go back to Alliance control during the last content patch of MoP, or the pre-patch for the next expansion.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 12:20 PM ----------

Lol, like the Horde hasn't taken any Alliance towns/cities in the recent past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    What are you talking about? I haven't seen any Stormwind or Ironforge going Horde, as I will never see Dalaran going to a faction only.

What are you talking about? I haven't seen any Stormwind or Ironforge going Horde, as I will never see Dalaran going to a faction only.
    They always said the intention was to use Crystalsong Forest for something more. Perhaps we're getting an overhaul of that area too? Would make sense to have the Alliance and Horde split up again with the war apparently coming.

The Kirin Tor siding with the Alliance does not nessesarily mean Dalaran will become a functional Alliance city or even town.

The old Dalaran in Crystalsong Forest will probably remain as is for game mechanic reasons, and will only ever be changed if an when Blizzard decides to revamp Northrend. At most we'll visit the "modern" version of Dalaran during a quest event or scenario. Kind of like how we could only see the WotLK-era Sunwell during the Quel'delar questline.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I woke up this morning, read the title post, looked at the first post, and my first reaction was.... oh what fresh BS is this...

so let me get this right, Dalaran, the city that went neutral, that needed the help of the alliance AND the horde, the city which my orc shaman helped the pissy mages fight off the blue dragonflight, who I answered the call to when the menace of yogg saron appeared in ulduar, who as my shaman walks around in dalaran the mages there turn and regard him as a champion.. all this this will now mean nothing, that because of a few arshholes in the horde and Garrosh, who my shaman doesn't even agree with, because of them destroying theramore, now all horde and no longer welcome in dalaran?

I know exactly whats going to happen. old dalaran in northrend will remain, and we're suppose to pretend thats cool, thats not more inconsistent bs on blizzards part that its still neutral there. It doesn't matter then I get a quest to go to dalaran when I reach northrend on my orc monk as he levels, yet being told dalaran is meant to be alliance now.

I don't know what pisses me off more here, blizzard in making yet more crap decisions in the lore, where they could have made Jaina into the leader of kul tiras or the fact the story in the game is going to have yet more holes in it making it even harder to explain in a consistent way.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I doubt that Rhonin will allow Jaina to take leadership of Dalaran. I rather expect Jaina to go mad maybe, try to retake the mage city by force.
    Perhaps a vision of Antonidas will be revealed ( the souls within Frostmourne are freed after all ) and he'll give us some knowledge of what is in for us all in these coming days after the victory against the Worldbreaker and the Twilight's Hammer ( and make Jaina sane again of course ).

P.S just a little specualtion I've been thinking of. Do not take it too seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could honestly see this happening in the next expansion. Notice how the tweet says "later in the Mists patch cycle". My guess is that Dalaran will go back to Alliance control during the last content patch of MoP, or the pre-patch for the next expansion.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 12:20 PM ----------

dalaran is a central quest hub for people to use, it contains all lv80 armor, recipes and content viable to that level.

You know, it was blizzards mistake to make dalaran into a neutral city in the first place, and yet now its going to make even less sense making it faction only.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would blizzard need to update questlines involving Dalaran because of it going to the Alliance? lvl 80 Dalaran will still be as it is but what will happen is that we will perhaps get a new one adjusted for lvl 90 where Jaina is the leader. If they intend to keep Dalaran where it is then they can easily use the Phasing system, and if they decide to move the city they can just copy+paste it and edit the city a bit.

No Questzones is getting affected

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    dalaran is a central quest hub for people to use, it contains all lv80 armor, recipes and content viable to that level.

You know, it was blizzards mistake to make dalaran into a neutral city in the first place, and yet now its going to make even less sense making it faction only.
    But I dont see how this can affect your leveling? Dalaran will still remain as it is during your journey in Northrend. When you reach the current time your character will learn that Dalaran changes into a faction city.

Yes, its kinda early for us to say it's going to be an Alliance city. Maybe its only Kirin Tor that goes Alliance, but then I doub they would accept most of the Horde presence.

Deleted
    I hope the horde mages come up with an dalaran equivalent which will be one of the two fronts (other being dalaran) in the expac after MoP.

Deleted
    They always said the intention was to use Crystalsong Forest for something more. Perhaps we're getting an overhaul of that area too? Would make sense to have the Alliance and Horde split up again with the war apparently coming.
    Crystal song forest was ment to be another questing hub and was pegged to be the original zone to host the Argent Tournament area, but because or the lag from Dalaran they scrapped this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Until Blizzard get sidetracked and the story of the war gets put on hold for like the millionth time
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!